Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

I am Wasp and Kamala

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Kamala can't be a carbon copy of fantastidad if there is no dad

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Grinning Goblin posted:

Kamala can't be a carbon copy of fantastidad if there is no dad

They could reskin human torch as sunspot too i guess.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Silver Surfer to be reskinned into Rocket Racer

I love how Leowyld always is so positive :allears:

Racon posted:

At first I was bummed about no Xbox One mention... but then I read the FAQ! :D

Yeah, I'll have to wait a bit longer, but I am totally gonna play (and stream!) this when it releases on Xbox One! (Finally that Raccoonatics Community I had created for Twitch will be relevant! - my PC isn't powerful enough to play and stream well, so console is my only choice for streaming stuff)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

How shitbox is his computer if it can't even stream this? I could do it on mine and it was built from moderately budget parts in 2010.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

He gets his computer parts from garbage cans because that is how a raccoon would do it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kainser posted:

Silver Surfer to be reskinned into Rocket Racer

I love how Leowyld always is so positive :allears:

lol of course he would have the xbone

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I do wonder if this means that they think that their Marvel license is going to be extended. Would be a bit of a dick move to new Console players when the game is guaranteed to shut down in ~1.5 years but then again I guess that would be extremely :gaz:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The console versions of MH will individually make more money than the PC version of MH has ever made, easily. Licenced F2P multiplayer stuff on consoles like this serves an audience that right now only has DCUO, which is nowhere near as enjoyable a game as MH is to be totally honest.

If Gazillion needed to salvage this game they made the right move, this should give them two additional solid-sized playerbases on PS4 and Xbox One and good additional income streams from audiences they weren't really able to tap into before. Will It work 100% and fix everything and save the game forever and etc? I dunno but it will be good for the game for sure

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
kelp is leowyld your alt account

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
New name is good. O M E G A B O Y S

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
why ps4? Wouldnt xbox be easier because of dx11.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Probably want something with an actual install base.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Probably want something with an actual install base.

except marvel movies are probably xbone bro dogs jam.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
I'm going to register as ICR and keep all heroes at level 1 white.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Giedroyc posted:

rip you

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Holyshoot posted:

its coming to both

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

Don't worry, it's not coming out for IOS.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Giedroyc posted:

All they need to do is making the ultimate founder costumes available again for PS4 and the forums will implode.

This is a very Gaz thing to do. I hope it happens. :allears:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Platinum Trophy can only be achieved... if you Cosmic Today. Make those kids grind! Foolishly!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Giedroyc posted:

I will confiscate your PS4.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Oforums posted:

Forums person: I have a question that's not answered here - why hasn't one of the higher ups come down here to reassure the PC players and explain what the future is for the PC version of the game?

TheArtofRawr: We're still finalizing specifics, but we are 100% committed to continued support of the PC game.
Oh Gaz. :allears:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Don't take Yancy St. from me Mr. Gaz

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Given Gaz's spectacularly bad history with patch bugs and shipping hot messes that require immediate fixes, I cannot imagine that the PC doesn't remain the tip of the spear for development like it always was. They need their PC testbed to work out kinks, because they cannot get away with the same level of sloppiness on consoles given the multi-week cert process that any patch has to go through.

I also seriously doubt that the two versions will diverge dramatically enough that the PC version would ever not be relevant to continued work on the console version. They have the manpower to develop one game where they maintain two versions staggered a little behind one another, they don't have the manpower to develop two totally separate games in parallel.

Basically I predict it's going to be Warframe, not much will change on PC. They'll have a big influx of revenue coming in from brand new console players, which is good for everyone. I'm curious to see how new players respond to the gamepad controls when everyone is using them and they have no other choice, I personally think they are heinously bad in comparison to Diablo 3's console controls.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Apr 6, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Scoss posted:

They have the manpower to develop one game where they maintain two versions staggered a little behind one another, they don't have the manpower to develop two totally separate games in parallel.
The problem is that they are developing two totally separate games in parallel, which just happen to share art assets.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
All I read is that they are locking out some content on the console release and re-introducing it over time.

If they're doing anything more substantial that that, I haven't heard about it?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's not simply a case of locking out some content - the announcement includes differences from the existing PC version, such as LQs only being available after Story, and Trials for every difficulty mode, or "Operations" whatever they are. The games will be intertwined, but they won't even commit to calling the PC and PS4 versions the same thing, which is a good indication that they aren't.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Haven't played Marvel heroes in a long time, how exactly do piano characters like Strange work with a controller?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
He's no longer a piano character. You can only have up to 8 powers slotted now. There are no more multiple bars.

It actually the best possible change that could have been made for him.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I dunno, those still seem like pretty minor changes that make sense to experiment with when they have an opportunity to start a totally new blank-slate ecosystem with primarily new players in a game that is almost 4 years old. Operations just sound like terminals by another name, and if it's anything more than that it will probably be a part of the Omega update on PC too.

Take it for what it's worth but this post by MM makes it seem like the versions will not be very far apart -- https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/4161769#Comment_4161769

quote:

... That being said, only certain departments were needed since the console game does not differ that vastly from the PC...

quote:

We still build for PC, and keep in mind 'does this go to console, and are there any things I need to set up to make that work'. Pretty much every idea is portable because the games are not that dissimilar.

I get the sense that a lot of their strange and noncommittal answers about specifics here are 100% contractual, from having to deal with Marvel, Sony, and Microsoft simultaneously.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 6, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I can't decide if that's good or bad

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Note that he doesn't ever use the word "version" and refers to both as "the games". The "only certain departments" is almost certainly in reference to programming because they're reusing the design and graphical assets so neither of those departments needs to do any extra work.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
So really taking our MONEY!!!!!!! Telling Lie's,Giving us half Oh.. My stars and garters! hero's all for ps4!!! So the last couple months been a freaken ALPHA test for your guy's.
-No Communation.
-Lack of Content Released.
-Bug's,BUG'S,bug's.

Feel's like you did what Ark did releasing a DLC whist still in EA.(backlash is real).

If your going to make it on PS4 you'll need a PROPER SUPPORT TEAM!!!!!!!!!
(currently?)
Server's need to be more STABLE!!!!. did i metion BUGS?
Partying needs to be fixed.

If you wanna be on Par with D3 and POE. Your gonna need a game changer.(fix the game first)

Remember also Alot of people will ask about this game when they come to forums and read though most these thread's not all but some will...

also one more thing Why isnt the CEO streaming or playing this? or any of the staff?!
Mr B and Mrs b was my go to got me more into this!!!!

Seem's you guys are fake not feeling that your one of us...

Sort your Community out
Sort your Game out.

peace love random

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
source your quotes

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

sourcing quotes is not, has never been, and will never be proper behavior in this thread

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Irony.or.Death posted:

sourcing quotes is not, has never been, and will never be proper behavior in this thread

i just wanna rubberneck

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

the o is about the journey, not the destination. just click a random hero forum and lose yourself in the magic.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

Holyshoot posted:

1. It's coming to xbone...eventually... (2019)
2. You assume Gaz knows how to program. At all.
3. Userbase is just substantially larger on ps4 if you want to pick 1 console to launch initially

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Kokoro Wish posted:

So really taking our MONEY!!!!!!! Telling Lie's,Giving us half Oh.. My stars and garters! hero's all for ps4!!! So the last couple months been a freaken ALPHA test for your guy's.
And then this poo poo gets like three Awesomes too. :doh:

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

jujojoh posted:

1. It's coming to xbone...eventually... (2019)
2. You assume Gaz knows how to program. At all.
3. Userbase is just substantially larger on ps4 if you want to pick 1 console to launch initially

Lurk more