Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

machamp is so cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

haveblue posted:

How are there any mountains left if there are countless ferals of this guy running around

They wear the belt for their protection as much as everyone else's, iirc, their raw power could tear them apart otherwise. I guess they just make them in the wild?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oddium no, that's bestiality.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Machamp, being classified as a Superpower Pokemon, requests a seat at the United Nations

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Oddium no, that's bestiality.

it's official canon

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

I love that this is canon

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

It's weirdly worded but it just means each arm can punch 125 times per second

I just find it hard to believe because I can only punch around 45-50 times per second

Lurdiak posted:

Apparently this dude can level mountains if he takes his power-limiter belt off or something. As I've said many times before, the pokemon world is a terrifying place that I'm thankful I don't live in.

The pokemon yellow entry says it can move mountains with one hand

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

A friend of mine is wondering whether or not there are female Machamps, and if there are, do they also look like muscle men???

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Because female Machamps with boobs would be much worse

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Is the Shovel Knight DLC still not out on the WiiU? :confused:

edit: Apparently it's available in Japan on both WiiU and 3DS but in America both of them are "later this month" from what I can find. ???????????????

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 5, 2017

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

A friend of mine is wondering whether or not there are female Machamps, and if there are, do they also look like muscle men???

quote:

“Sayaka: People often say that they can’t tell the difference between male and female Machamps, but the Pokémon themselves know. Try taking a closer look…you can’t tell the difference after all?”

quote:

“Sayaka: It may look like Machoke and Machamp are wearing underwear, but they’re actually not wearing anything. What looks like underwear is just a pattern. After all, Pokémon don’t wear clothes to begin with, right? ‘It’s not wearing anything!'”

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

tap my mountain posted:

Because female Machamps with boobs would be much worse

Pokemon aren't mammals thankfully

They presumably all have cloacas too

e: At least that's what my friend says. Me, I'm not interested in that kind of stuff

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Pokedex reads like 19th-century anthropologists writing about the peoples of the southern hemisphere

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

This could make a good avatar

Jay Rust posted:

They presumably all have cloacas too

e: At least that's what my friend says. Me, I'm not interested in that kind of stuff

I don't think Pokemon poop

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ah so they're platypus-style. Great

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

sugoi~~~~

I take back what I said earlier, I'm enjoying wandering around Tokyo, I just had to disable the part of my brain that I used for my second playthrough of P4 where I used a guide that let you get your stats high enough to see most stuff. I'm just going to be a delinquent and do sub-optimal stuff as long as it seems cool

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

People canonically gently caress Pokemon in the games, nothing is off limits.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

precision posted:

I'm just going to be a delinquent and do sub-optimal stuff as long as it seems cool

Sounds like you're roleplaying Joker exactly as you should

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
When Ash awoke, he could still feel pain where his finger had been. Prof. Oak walked into the room, tossing him a pokeball and saying "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

considering stuff like jynx and sawk, pokemon growing clothing-like appendages is much weirder than just wearing clothes imo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

haveblue posted:

How are there any mountains left if there are countless ferals of this guy running around

Machokes only evolve when traded so there can never be a wild machamp

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dearest friends, i have secured An Money alongside An job, and am working towards getting An Apartment, and I'm so full of happiness and the milk of human kindness I'm going to probably get high and try out that nier game you guys have been talking up so much, semper games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

corn in the bible posted:

Machokes only evolve when traded so there can never be a wild machamp

It would escape or someone would flush it when it got too big to keep around the house, like how Florida is infested with southeast Asian pythons now

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Cowcaster posted:

dearest friends, i have secured An Money alongside An job, and am working towards getting An Apartment, and I'm so full of happiness and the milk of human kindness I'm going to probably get high and try out that nier game you guys have been talking up so much, semper games

you keep your milk away from me

(congrats, I've been there many a times myself)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Specter Knight has more than made up for how meh Plague Knight felt

this is a good platformer

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Specter Knight is far easier to control than Plague Knight, so if the controls in Plague of Shadows drove any of you off, you won't run into the same issue there.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Help Im Alive posted:

The pokedex says a lot of things

edited, it also says "it also has three hearts and three pairs of lungs"

ImpAtom posted:

But who made the belt?

machamp did, wearing the belt is like paleo pokemon crossfit for him

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ciaphas posted:

I wish i could PLAY IT on my WIIU that my copy of shovel knight IS ON

Seriously why is it available in JAPAN in the wiiu but not america this is hosed up

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I got a new (day) job too, have to go out of town for some kind of corporate brainwashing tomorrow

Persona 5 should have a difficulty mode called "You recover SP in Save Rooms" ugh

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I kinda wanna see Plague Knight to its conclusion because the interactions between him and Mona as far as I got were adorable but I can't stand actually playing it

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Plague Knight is one of my favorite platformers ever.

I can understand not liking it but I feel I should mention that I love it to pieces.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Yeah, Plague Knight is fun, but the learning curve on the controls is really steep. I can't blame anyone for not being able to play it.

Ciaphas posted:

I kinda wanna see Plague Knight to its conclusion because the interactions between him and Mona as far as I got were adorable but I can't stand actually playing it

There's always YouTube if you don't mind doing that.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

an actual dog posted:

Plague Knight is one of my favorite platformers ever.

I can understand not liking it but I feel I should mention that I love it to pieces.

I like Plague Knight's gameplay more than Shovel Knight's

game as a whole should go down as one of the all time greats imo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Why is everyone mad about the trans character in Andromeda but not the one in Zelda? Is this accurate?

quote:

There are options to misgender her during the conversation. The conversation is shut down and progress is blocked if you call her a man. You have to use female pronouns to refer to her, compliment her appearance and ask her to sell you women’s clothing if you want to progress in the game.

Because that sounds a lot worse than what Bioware did :psyduck:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Are YCG still doing that thing in the Shovel Knight expansions where the game could conceivably run on an NES (except for like one color added to the palette or something), or did they bail on that conceit

I swear this music seems like more than I remember the NES ever being able to do, for a start

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

precision posted:

I got a new (day) job too, have to go out of town for some kind of corporate brainwashing tomorrow

Persona 5 should have a difficulty mode called "You recover SP in Save Rooms" ugh

That's kind of intentional though, since otherwise you'd plow through palaces on the first run through. You can at least get items to recover sp or play conservatively to stay out longer, whereas P3 would have your teammates get tired after a while and would perform worse and would then go home when you returned to the first floor of Tartarus.

precision posted:

Why is everyone mad about the trans character in Andromeda but not the one in Zelda? Is this accurate?

Because that sounds a lot worse than what Bioware did :psyduck:

That character is mtf, not ftm.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

This is some why-Han-Solo-used-parsecs-as-a-time-unit canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Poops Mcgoots posted:

That's kind of intentional though, since otherwise you'd plow through palaces on the first run through. You can at least get items to recover sp or play conservatively to stay out longer, whereas P3 would have your teammates get tired after a while and would perform worse and would then go home when you returned to the first floor of Tartarus.

I am unironically excited to learn the secrets of making coffee in Persona 5

• Locked thread