Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/63m61t/vaginal_depths_of_eorzea/

quote:

EDIT: In case the content itself gets removed, I have an alternative version up on my Tumblr: http://leggerless.tumblr.com/post/159229608361/vaginal-depths-of-eorzea-nsfw

As you may have seen on Reddit, there was a post a month or two back talking about each race’s average erection size. I got… bored. So I decided to pull out some math, whip up an Excel sheet, and get to work on solving a new problem!

The average female height is 64.6 inches and there’s three states of the vagina I’m considering: unaroused, aroused, and stretched (with speculum). I’m also considering a MtF transformation and its depth as well, which is approximately 10 to 12 centimeters. The average male height of 69.7 inches is used for MtF measurements.

Please note that there really isn’t a great scientific basis behind a lot of this; it is an assumed correlation between height of the person and depth of the vagina in question. There’s multiple factors involved, which are not assumed in the examples below.

Interestingly enough, if you compare the results found on the Erections in Eorzea post with the results here, you’ll find the average vaginal depth is actually smaller than the average erection length.

Guess that’s why they say bigger isn’t always better.

Tali sweat, but for catgirls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I love when official Twitter accounts are actually good

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/849666735817072642

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The friendly WoW-FFXIV twitter rivalry never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kelp Me! posted:

I love when official Twitter accounts are actually good

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/849666735817072642

> implying you ever actually get to cast Meteor

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Countblanc posted:

Isnt that the BLM's LB3?

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Countblanc posted:

a10s with a crappy pf farm group

except not because the blm is included in said sucking, thus you need to eternally preposition for the brd/mch contingency

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SirPhoebos posted:

Isnt that the BLM's LB3?

I meant that you never have an opportunity to cast it since it's raid only and generally you use melee LB on bosses, tank LB for specific mechanics, or healer LB if poo poo is going sour.

there are some times you use caster LB3 but i feel it is definitely the least common of them.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Speaking of LB I saw somebody drop a massive door or something in a dungeon, what was that?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Shy posted:

Speaking of LB I saw somebody drop a massive door or something in a dungeon, what was that?

Probably a tank LB.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You see AoE LB3s all the time in Dun Scaith because the LB meter is there and someone needs to use it.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Shy posted:

Tank limit break

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
MCH LB best LB, and more people need to appreciate it.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Xarbala posted:

The friendly WoW-FFXIV twitter rivalry never fails to bring a smile to my face.

:same:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I wish, but rather don't expect, RDM's LB3 to be a melee one.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Countblanc posted:

I meant that you never have an opportunity to cast it since it's raid only and generally you use melee LB on bosses, tank LB for specific mechanics, or healer LB if poo poo is going sour.

there are some times you use caster LB3 but i feel it is definitely the least common of them.

For a while back in early 3.2, using caster lb3 on the piggies and both goblin adds in A5S was a thing until your group was geared up enough to skip that part entirely. And caster lb3 in the middle to hit all three hypercharged clouds during the Cloud of Darkness fight is still the correct and coolest way to do it. Not many other use cases that I can think of though.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I love gpose, but sometimes those split-second screens have a quality all their own.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Thundarr posted:

For a while back in early 3.2, using caster lb3 on the piggies and both goblin adds in A5S was a thing until your group was geared up enough to skip that part entirely. And caster lb3 in the middle to hit all three hypercharged clouds during the Cloud of Darkness fight is still the correct and coolest way to do it. Not many other use cases that I can think of though.

WAY back on release when Titan EX was one of the meanest fights in the game you'd use caster LB2/3 to nuke the adds as fast as you possibly could, I guess?

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
In non-alex raid stuff I use smn lb3 any time I can and almost never get called out for it bc who cares and it looks insanely cool.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It's always fun getting yelled at for using BLM LB1 on a particularly big trash pack in roulette dungeons.

Someday I'll actually do the math and see if nuking X amount of adds tends to save more time than a melee LB2 on one of the bosses. Probably doesn't, but certainly not enough of a difference to throw a hissy fit over (which has happened many times).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have to say that I really don't like the LB system much. I know why it is the way it is but it feels kind of awkward and unnatural and too prone to miscommunication, plus it has a big cool awesome effect that like 1 person/fight gets to use and that person is probably a specific DPS or tank. I donno how you'd fix it but it'd be more fun if it felt like I ever had any reason to use a limit break ever as a healer except in the like 1-in-300 times that I'm the last one standing while the LB bar is still full.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
For anyone considering getting into the game now in preparation for Stormblood, Humble Bundle has FFXIV + Heavensward for PC for $19.79.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kelp Me! posted:

It's always fun getting yelled at for using BLM LB1 on a particularly big trash pack in roulette dungeons.

Someday I'll actually do the math and see if nuking X amount of adds tends to save more time than a melee LB2 on one of the bosses. Probably doesn't, but certainly not enough of a difference to throw a hissy fit over (which has happened many times).

It's entirely going to depend on the boss and the number of adds. Either way it's not enough to throw a fit over because if you can clear without needing a melee LB2 then that just means the fight takes a little longer without it.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Kelp Me! posted:

Well, a melee LB2 is 5000 potency while Caster LB1 is 1400 per target, so from a pure potency standpoint as long as you are hitting 4 or more targets without a significant amount of overkill you are coming out ahead.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Kelp Me! posted:

I'm pretty sure a limit break will do way more on a big adds than a single boss. A melee LB might shave seconds and whole percents off a boss, whereas the large add pull is probably both more difficult, and more time saved getting rid of them.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

ImpAtom posted:

I have to say that I really don't like the LB system much. I know why it is the way it is but it feels kind of awkward and unnatural and too prone to miscommunication, plus it has a big cool awesome effect that like 1 person/fight gets to use and that person is probably a specific DPS or tank. I donno how you'd fix it but it'd be more fun if it felt like I ever had any reason to use a limit break ever as a healer except in the like 1-in-300 times that I'm the last one standing while the LB bar is still full.

Raids are where you'll see the most varied use of LB. Tank LB is required for Alex and standard operating procedure for Diabolos is to save for healer LB3 because with double edge he just hits that hard.

It's a lot better than the system it apparently replaced (mini-skill chains who's biggest benefit was a paltry buff that wasn't worth the hassle of doing the chains. Also it had less documentation than the current LB does: absolutely none!)

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Come tell me a story about pubbies being angry at your limit break usage when you do a level 1 healer limit break because you don't want to swap out of cleric stance.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Caster LB on the last big pull before Mr. Sloppy in Baelsar's Wall definitely speeds things up. I also tend to do it in Sohm Al Hard on one of the pulls with two Lava Oozes (or whatever they're called) and no one's complained.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Getting to lb2 while the boss has enough hp left for it to matter generally only happens if you have wiped at least once or the party has very low deeps overall. In both of these situations, the caster is unlikely to realize that using lb on a trash pack is a good move.

So basically even having the opportunity to use melee lb2 on the boss of a four man dungeon can be seen as a bad thing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Setalla took this one of us because he's some kind of gpose savant, but it's real good.

Also I need to remember to make sure stuff is synced.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Countblanc posted:

I'll blm lb3 any time I can in any content that isn't super hard, because why the gently caress not it's the best LB.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
On the topic of LBing in dungeons I actively encourage casters and ranged dps to LB trash packs and will even try to signal them to do so if it appears they won't do so on their own.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

As a melee dps I literally pray that the ranged/caster uses it on a big trash pull/add phase when it's available, and I'd say my prayers get answered maybe 3% of the time.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, at max level caster lb is always going to be better than melee lb, even on just 3 targets, and there's often pulls with way more. In higher level ldr you might be able to get that second bar filled on lasboss, but even that's very questionable for most.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:allbuttons:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Gally posted:

The effects you can get with gpose are really amazing. Just being able to move the camera so your char isn't in the middle is a huge improvement for shots!

wait how? Does gpose have an instruction manual

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

ImpAtom posted:

One idea I've had is for every job to have an off-type LB. I got this idea back when I was trying to get a SophEx clear and there were a couple of tries where a raid-wide attack would kill everyone but the PLD (usually me) and I'd be looking at a full bar and just feel sort of helpless.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Give everyone an individual bar that can do a level 1 LB. Maybe LB2 on certain bosses.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Xun posted:

wait how? Does gpose have an instruction manual

Unfortunately no, but its fairly easy to play around with settings to figure out how they work. Then it's just up to you to make a cool composition like this one.

Another fun fact: the filters you set in /gpose are also applied to your idle camera.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The best gpose instruction manual I can find is this:

/gpose will continually repeat your last emote. You have to exit and open /gpose each time you want to change
/sit will reset it back to idle
num* will open a special effects tab that's pretty self explanatory
1 will pause all actors
2 will pause the selected actor
space will have actors face you

And I have to represent the good hair havers' club:

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I just want to move the camera around, all I've figured out camera position wise is rotate.

• Locked thread