Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I only ended up doing 2 pulls on the actual banners lol. Maybe I should have gone for banner 2 or 3 after all.

including the lucky draws and the free draw I went 9/66, with 6 new relics.

Medica Lucky 1/11: Healer's Circlet (XIV)
Enelement Lucky 1/11: dupe Tiara (VI)
Burst Lucky 1/11: Excalibur (T)
Free Draw 1/11: Onion Sword (III)
Banner 1 3/11: dupe Orichalcum Dirk (XII), two Red Jackets (IV)
Banner 4 2/11: Veil of Wiyu (XIV), Eternal Staff (III)

Pretty good overall. Getting both the Onion SSBs makes the question of where to pull on the FFIII event more interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
3x lucky banner, Ultros Banner, 1x 11 on banner 1, 3x 11 on banner 3, and 2x 11 on banner 4:

Raines BSB
Vaan BSB
Firion BSB
Tyro BSB
Relm BSB
Yuffie BSB
Decil BSB
Yuna Tiny Bee BSB
Gilgamesh OSB
Ashe OSB
Krile Sheep SSB
Yuna Chaos Rod SSB
Braska Robe SSB
Alphinaud SSB
Noel SSB
Lenna SSB
Sephiroth Coat SB

Dupes:
Aerith BSB
Vanille BSB
Sephiroth Glove SSB
3x Noel SSB
Onion Staff SSB
2x Celes SSB

A drat good haul and I couldn't be happier. 375 mythril well spent.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 5, 2017

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Looking for some feedback before I try my hand at Nemesis

Party so far is:
Onion Knight w/ BSB
Terra w/ OSB + Wrath and Bahamut
Y'shtola w/ Stoneskin and Asylum
Vanille w/ BSB
Debuff Flex Slot

Candidates for that final slot are Faris w/ BSB, Vaan w/ BSB, or Penelo w/ BSB if I don't want to proc any counters

I don't have any native Last Stand or Radiant Shield, so that's my major weak spot. I gather that last stand is more important, but even so I'm unsure if Terra alone can dish out 200k while he's blasting for 99999 every turn

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
So having just come back during this event having not played since sooned after launch I've done a fair few pulls with the mythril I apparently saved up. I'm a little unsure exactly what characters I would be best to use at this point having got the following Soul Breaks, which kind of party should I look at, and what relics should I keep any eye out for in future? Also should I combine the ones I got dupes of or keep them separate so I can have more synergy bonuses going at the same time?

Onion Knight OSB and SSB
Ashe OSB
Sephiroth OSB
Cid Raines BSB (x2)
Luneth BSB (x2)
Garnet BSB
Vanille BSB
Noel SSB
Yuna SSB (x2)
Garland SSB
Laguna SSB
Alphinaud SSB
Arc SSB
Papalymo SSB

My party is current mid 30s-40 working through the realm dungeons to get more stamina at the moment if it matters.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i wish i had kept more meticulous track of my loot since i want to brag because there was some amazing ones in there but i went into this thing with raine's burst, vanille's burst, and a fully kitted tg cid so a lot of it was just icing. i did get asylum, eiko's usb, indomitable blade, and cloud/lightning/terra's osbs in the fray

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

i wish i had kept more meticulous track of my loot since i want to brag because there was some amazing ones in there but i went into this thing with raine's burst, vanille's burst, and a fully kitted tg cid so a lot of it was just icing. i did get asylum, eiko's usb, indomitable blade, and cloud/lightning/terra's osbs in the fray
you can organize your items by date obtained, if you want

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Lessee...

Lucky (Healer) - 1/11 - Larsa's Cloud Staff (XII)

Lucky (En-Element) - 2/11 - Vivi's Proof of Existence (IX), Edea's Valkyrie (VIII)

Lucky (Bursts) - 1/11 - Refia's Shura Gauntlet (III)

Player's Choice (Ultros) - 1/11, 0/1, 2/11 - Celes Excalibur (VI) (dupe), Terra Blood Sword (VI), Lightning Gladius (XIII)

Banner 1 - 0/1, 2/11, 1/11 - Onion Knight Armor (III), Sephiroth's Chirijiraden (VII), Kain's Abel Lance (IV)

Banner 2- 0/1

Banner 3 - 0/1, 2/11 - Bartz Apocalypse (V), Sabin's Armlet (VI)

Banner 4 - 0/1, 3/11 - Agrias Ragnarok (T), Agrias Ragnarok (T), Onion Knight Eternal Staff (III)

Banner 5 - 1/1 - Jecht's The Blitz (X)

Bolded the poo poo that made me go gently caress yeah. I'll still probably use Larsa's staff a lot as a good caster weapon in XII (where I have lots of physical and almost no mage weapons) and Larsa as my hastega source for the realm. Sephiroth will see the light of day now, as will Jecht. Accordingly I'm gonna probably hone reaping scythe as a nice damage dealer for my growing number of physdark folks.

But yeah, Refia, Edea, Terra, and Lightning went from marginal to A-teamers, and Agrias went from awesome to awesomer. My overall pull rate isn't fantastic, but it was Good Enough outside of me not having any Healer BSBs yet. The very very small number of dupes helped make my small pull total be a lot less painful.

e: forgot about my impulse pull on banner 1 that yielded the Abel Lance, which is nice but feels kinda hollow since I already had Kain's nice SSB.

Pander fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 6, 2017

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I didn't wind up with anything new that's meta defining for me, but I still got some good stuff. Standouts include Agrias BSB, Shantotto BSB, Realm BSB, Locke BSB, and some other items with pretty niche uses but pretty great realm synergy. I definitely filled out my VI synergy and got some new options there for teams. I also got some OSB's, though no corresponding enelements for them.

Now to figure out how to allocate mithril going forward. I would like to pull at least once on either of those upcoming Tactics banners, but not really needed since my Tactics CM team is probably already my best. Cloud God banner is a definite pull, but no telling how much I'll need to spend on it. I guess I'll just wait and see what I manage to pull and make sure to have some set aside for XTREMEfest.

If I use favorites to determine where to pull, there's really not much for me between now and the next fest. Basically just Tactics and V, with VII having some nostalgia for me anyway. This is all assuming that the rumors on the timing of having VII before the fest are true.

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
Are there any decent ways to level characters above 50 besides eggs and EXP dailies? I usually have more time on weekdays and miss my chance on Sundays.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

sevenflow posted:

Are there any decent ways to level characters above 50 besides eggs and EXP dailies? I usually have more time on weekdays and miss my chance on Sundays.

On the 19th were getting new daily dungeons to replace the current ones. There will be 2 days of EXP.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

sevenflow posted:

That's pretty much it. The III event next week will have an EXP dungeon attached to it; if it's the same/similar to the last one, it's better than Sundaily for III characters and a little bit worse for everyone else.

With the daily revamp in 2 weeks, there will be an EXP daily on Tuesday as well.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Other then bringing characters with synergy and using the XP RMs, nothing really.

In two weeks the daily dungeons will be revamped, so there's going to be new EXP dailies on Tuesday as well as Sunday, which should be easier for you. The highest difficulty level should also take 120 stamina total, which should make going through the stages faster on weekends.

Edit: too slow

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Any advice on the boss rushes in The X Records? Setting up buffs and maintaining my party over three separate battles at 160 difficulty seems kind of difficult, but it might not be as hard as I'm thinking.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They're a lot easier than single stage 160 fights, so don't worry about it too much.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Alxprit posted:

Any advice on the boss rushes in The X Records? Setting up buffs and maintaining my party over three separate battles at 160 difficulty seems kind of difficult, but it might not be as hard as I'm thinking.

Just be sure you bring appropriate mitigation. They don't have much HP, but they can still hit pretty hard.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Well I one shot the 180 nemesis but I'm not even going to bother trying the hardest one, just seems like an exercise in frustration for no reward (because I don't care about being on the website).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Just noticed I still have Shout as my RW. Worth changing it over to Vessel of Fate or is there more than enough saturation of that already?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I have two sources of Last Stand, the damage reflection thing, Shout, Terra's OSB, and some other nice tools, so the hardest Nemesis fight is probably doable for me. I'm not that interested in trying though because the reward is dumb and I don't like fights that require such a specific toolset to even stand a chance

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Alxprit posted:

Usually I use RW's as an excuse to not bring a thing - I'll RW Wall and not bring Tyro for example. For these boss rushes I've been bringing a faithga+hastega (Onion BSB) in addition to Krile's Sheepsong, using them interchangeably. I've beaten 4 of them so far with the exact same team: Cid Raines (BSB), Krile (SSB), Tyro (Wall), Faris (BSB) and Y'Shtola (BSB). I use Krile's SSB immediately on 1 fight (usually the first), Onion BSB immediately on the other 2, fulfill the conditions (mostly brought by Tyro or Faris) and then beat the bosses down with powerchain spells.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Summary of pulls for anniversary:

Medica Banner: 1/11, Rosa BSB
EnElement Banner: 2/11, Kain BSB, Braska's High Summoner Staff
BSB Banner: 2/11, Serah BSB and Warrior of Light BSB

Anniversary: Dupes on Indom Blade, Onion Sword, and Platinum Sword, and Blood Sword

Skipped Banners 1 and 2

Banner 3: 4/22, Bartz OSB, Golbez BSB, Sabin and Laguna SSB
Banner 4: 5/22, Eiko BSB, Ashe OSB, Alph SSB, dupe Eternal Staff (which is an 8* now)

All in all very happy. Still came out of it with 150 mythril to throw at trying to get OK BSB (and Desch) on banner 2, though I probably won't pull 3 times on it.

Also managed to level TG Cid, Kain, Rosa, Celes, Cloud, Sephiroth, and Yuna to 99 from anywhere between 50s to 80s. Ashe and Golbez are mid 80s and Cid Raines is 83-84 or so.

And now I have a backlog of characters to keep leveling (Raines, Golbez, Ashe, Warrior of Light, Eiko)

Combo fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 6, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Just noticed I still have Shout as my RW. Worth changing it over to Vessel of Fate or is there more than enough saturation of that already?

It doesn't really matter. You can look up any RW you want online, so most people have multiple friends with any SB they use a lot of. And on your end the gil reward is so tiny that it might as well not exist. I switch them around when someone here is having trouble that one of my setups could help with, but otherwise eh.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah I kind of stopped putting a ton of effort into roaming warriors, the most it seemed to make was like a 1000 gil difference per day and who seriously cares about that. If there's something I have that will help someone on here or reddit I'll change it but that's about it.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I like the idea that people can rely on my TGCid BSB to maintain event RS, so I just swap it as every event ends. I can't wait til FFT event drops and I can get him to like 700 ATK.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Vessel and shout are both my top used rw's. Haste and the attack buff I'm missing is great.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I RW either wall or VoF 99% of the time. I have wall with Yshtola and almost never use it (though I did just use it in the nemesis d180 fight for a 3rd use).

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I found some of the X Records rushes *way* more difficult than typical event Ultimates, primarily because having three bosses in a row forces you to pace yourself and means that no matter what you won't have a RW for one of them unless you spend a mythril.

That said, you can do exactly that; since they cost almost no stamina and give 1 mythril, you can let yourself die and mythril revive for the final boss. It's basically like getting 4* motes and an MC3 lode for free if you would otherwise have been unable to clear the fight.

I did it to use a wall RW. I remain bewildered about how people can "bring proper mitigation" for three-boss rushes that deal both physical and magic damage in a variety of elements, or deal with going into a boss that has an aoe 2500 damage attack with less than full HP to start the battle.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

The one that spammed Megaflare right off the bat was really obnoxious, yeah. I found the 3 dragons to be by far the hardest of the fights on that.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

If you don't have a native wall, the key is to figure out which 2 bosses hit the hardest and use the RWs on those. In all of the rushes so far there has been at least 1 boss that gives you more breathing room than the others, so if you an bring proshellga + some debuffs, it's not too bad.

A lot of still comes down to how big your toolbox is though; I've got enough relics and leveled characters where I can easily bring proshellga, Full Break, Power + Magic breakdown, and a debuffing SB all at once, at which point a Wall just becomes a buffer instead of a necessity. It's much trickier if you don't have a lot of options.

edit: They are definitely harder than an average Ultimate fight though.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

wizard on a water slide posted:

I remain bewildered about how people can "bring proper mitigation" for three-boss rushes that deal both physical and magic damage in a variety of elements, or deal with going into a boss that has an aoe 2500 damage attack with less than full HP to start the battle.
I brought Tyro and RW wall. Used the RW on the first two fights and native wall on the last one

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

If you don't have a native wall, the key is to figure out which 2 bosses hit the hardest and use the RWs on those. In all of the rushes so far there has been at least 1 boss that gives you more breathing room than the others, so if you an bring proshellga + some debuffs, it's not too bad.

A lot of still comes down to how big your toolbox is though; I've got enough relics and leveled characters where I can easily bring proshellga, Full Break, Power + Magic breakdown, and a debuffing SB all at once, at which point a Wall just becomes a buffer instead of a necessity. It's much trickier if you don't have a lot of options.

edit: They are definitely harder than an average Ultimate fight though.

Agree with this, pretty much had the same experience with them. I found each boss to be a alot squishier than most ultimates, but about on par or a little above for the amount of damage they put out. I pretty much set out with a plan to use my RW on the first two bosses while charging up some good damaging soulbreaks, and then nuking the poo poo out of the third boss to kill him before he could even hit me more than a couple of times.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Welp, the info for the VI event has been posted and nary a reappearance of a Terra relic, much less a BSB2. I am unreasonably angry about this fact.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

LornMarkus posted:

Welp, the info for the VI event has been posted and nary a reappearance of a Terra relic, much less a BSB2. I am unreasonably angry about this fact.

Shadow, Setzer (including his BSB recurrence), and a Yeti?

I don't even know if Umaro is good but I want a yeti. Looks like an event I'll definitely want to save for, like the Rubicante/Edge event.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

looks like they're adding another Gogo as well

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Shadow and Setzer USBs look great. Shadow's is a dark-Edge clone, complete with the event probably releasing dark versions of the same Ninja skills. Banner 1 is great if you really like Shadow or Setzer, it features every single SSB+ relic they have.

Samurai is getting two new 5* abilities too, which explains Cyan getting two Enfire relics (USB and LMR). Gau gets a new BSB, and I regret asking for a new relic for him. It's very random, so unless it turns out it's biased towards good results, it's not going to be very good.

Gogo (VI) seems to be a non-elemental physical/magical split character like Onion Knight and Vayne, which sets him apart from water and magical focused Gogo (V)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
VI Event in JP, Gogo and Umaro debuting.

BANNER 1
-----------------
Shadow's Kagenui [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 random Dark/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, Zan'eijin to user
Zan'eijin: High Quick Cast 1 when using Dark attacks, 1/2 Disturbance Harvest when using Ninja abilities under 1/2 Physical Blinks
Disturbance Harvest: Single-target Dark/NE physical attack (1 x 2.16, Ninja)

Setzer's Final Trump [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 random ranged physical attacks, Hyper Break, Gamble Break to user
Gamble Break: When using damaging Support abilities, Quick Cast 1 & add 2-hit single-target Power, Magic, Armor or Mental Breakdown

Umaro's Bone Club [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 7 AOE Ice/NE physical attacks, En-Ice, Burst Mode
Attack -> 40% max HP heal & Instant Cast 1 to an ally
Defend -> 3 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, ATK +30% & RES -30%

Shadow's Koga Blade [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 7 AOE Dark/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, En-Dark, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, 0.825s CT
Defend -> 2 AOE Dark/NE physical attacks, 0.825s CT

Setzer's Deathstrike Darts [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 7 random ranged physical attacks, ATK & MAG -40%, 20% chance of doubling number of hits, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target ranged physical attack, ATK & DEF -20%
Defend -> Single-target ranged physical attack, MAG & RES -20%

Shadow's Black Cowl [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Setzer's Coat [LMR, +10 ATK] - Stat Debuff Duration +30%

Umaro's Snow Scarf [SSB, +10 ATK] - Green Cherry 3 to user
Green Cherry: ATK +100% & DEF -50%, randomly attacks with Attack/Snowstorm/Body Blow/Throw Ally
Attack: ST PHY
Snowstorm: 2 AOE Ice/NE ranged PHY
Body Blow: 2 ST PHY
Throw Ally: 4 ST Ice/NE ranged PHY

Shadow's Ichigeki [SSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target physical attacks, Instant Cast, 2 times Physical Blink to user
Setzer's Death Tarot [SSB, +10 ATK] - 7 random ranged physical attacks, Full Breakdown, 20% chance of doubling number of hits
Setzer's Fixed Dice [SSB, +10 ATK] - 1~6 random fixed damage (3333) physical attacks, ATK & RES -40%

BANNER 2
-----------------
Cyan's Youtou Fuji [USSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, En-Fire, High Retaliate & High Critical to user
High Retaliate deals 20% more damage than Retaliate

Relm's Da Vinci Brush [USSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, 30% Stoneskin & Instant Cast 1 to party, Instant Cast

Gogo's Strange Helmet [BSSB, +5 ATK & 5 MAG] - 8 single-target NE physical or magic attacks, ATK & MAG +30% to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Mimics the last used action used by the party*, -0.15s CT with each consecutive use (maximum 11 reductions)
Defend -> 4 single-target NE physical or magic attacks
*Not applicable to Jumps, SB, RW, Burst Commands & Counters

Gau's Impact Claws [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30% and Quick Cast 3 to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> Rage Fire 3 to user; 3 AOE, 3 ST or ST Fire/NE physical attack
Defend -> Rage Heal 3 to user; AOE 25%, ST 75% or ST 25% max HP heal

Cyan's Murasame [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target physical attacks, Critical = 50% to party, Retaliate to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target physical attack, restores user's HP for 20% of damage dealt
Defend -> 4 single-target physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Cyan's Glove [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Fire for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Gogo's Thornlet [LMR, +5 ATK & 5 MAG] - When mimicking, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1

Gogo's Mime's Sword [SSB, +5 ATK & 5 MAG] - 7 AOE NE physical or magic attacks, 40% max HP heal & Esuna to party

Gau's Shiny Thing [SSB, +10 ATK] - 3 AOE ranged physical attacks, Meteor Rage 3 to user
Meteor Rage: 2 AOE physical attacks, 2.5s CT
Mog's Gaia Bell [SSB, +10 MND] - 6 AOE Earth/NE white magic attacks, ATK & DEF -50%
Sabin's Armlet [SSB, +10 ATK] - 40% max HP heal, DEF +100% & Esuna to party

Event comes with 4 new abilities: two Samurai and two Ninja.

5* Samurai, Batou Ranen: 4 single-target Fire physical attacks, higher Critical Rate under Retaliate
5* Samurai Kamae Engetsu: 2 single-target Fire physical attacks, Retaliate

5* Ninja, Shadow Mirage: Single-target Dark physical attacks, 0.825s CT, Physical Blink & Physical Bink Stack to user
5* Ninja, Dark Seal: 2~4 single-target Dark physical attacks, number of hits is dependent on amount of Physical Blinks on user

Yes, this does mean that Ninja has better physical Dark abilities now than Darkness.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Kinda wish Mog got more love with Umaro around...

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Refia was a heartbeat away from killing it when it decided to double-Tsunami. :rant:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

LornMarkus posted:

You have to consider that they're running out of content at an alarming rate at this point so stretching out what they have left is understandable

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I've gotta figure they still have a ludicrous number of costumes to release, so they could just start basing events around those at some point. Even just V alone...

Looks like they're starting to tap further into the villains, also.

Hell, at some point, they could just start back in on the FFRK story and make up new poo poo. That's not why people play, but it could definitely be used to spread out the still super vast amount of stuff they have left to use. Worst case, they crack open more Square Enix properties. I would legitimately be okay with the Dragon Quest universe becoming a permanent realm. They could even make crossover synergy realms with the main FF titles, where characters start getting soul breaks with all-star team-ups. The content can last as long as they want it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
I mean there are, what, 16 some characters in FFVI? before kefka, leo, etc...

Only makes sense to me that plenty of those characters don't shot up in any given banner.

• Locked thread