Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

and here I thought Neil Breen movies were the most cringe worthy things I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

double post :derp:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I don't like that all the women wear the same kind of clothes it's too confusing

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Exioce posted:

And this dude, this PIMP, is my actual paternal grandfather

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RvwXpUVDJg

Handsome guy!

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

I bet she still uses toilet paper and bathes in clean water, loving hypocrite

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I had a gheeaboo friend for a while. She used to wear sari (whitest whitey white girl), would only date Indian guys, etc. One week in India and she renounced it all because she was so grossed out by how men behaved towards her. Kind of a shame, but also kind of a relief.

Escape Addict
Jan 25, 2012

YOSPOS
What's the deal with all the armpit and body odor fetishism? It seems very primal. Do people in India not wear deodorant/antiperspirant? Do stores there not sell it? Is it too expensive for the poor to afford? Or is it a cultural choice to go without?

Why are the smelly women the fetishized ones?

If I went to India and ran out of deodorant, would I be able to buy it there? Would I be considered weird for not stinking? No deodorant in a humid tropical environment is such a bad idea.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Escape Addict posted:

What's the deal with all the armpit and body odor fetishism? It seems very primal. Do people in India not wear deodorant/antiperspirant? Do stores there not sell it? Is it too expensive for the poor to afford? Or is it a cultural choice to go without?

If I went to India and ran out of deodorant, would I be able to buy it there? Would I be considered weird for not stinking? No deodorant in a humid tropical environment is such a bad idea.

I have met a few people into armpit stank. All of them were gay dudes. I don't know if there's a correlation.

My parents lived in Abu Dhabi for ten years. There are huge Indian and Pakistani populations there, and many of the men really reek of B.O., seemingly regardless of what they do (blue collar vs. white collar, I mean.) I don't know about India, but you can buy deodorant anywhere in the UAE, so maybe it's cultural?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Escape Addict posted:

armpit sweat

hip folds

oh my

Escape Addict
Jan 25, 2012

YOSPOS

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I have met a few people into armpit stank. All of them were gay dudes. I don't know if there's a correlation.

My parents lived in Abu Dhabi for ten years. There are huge Indian and Pakistani populations there, and many of the men really reek of B.O., seemingly regardless of what they do (blue collar vs. white collar, I mean.) I don't know about India, but you can buy deodorant anywhere in the UAE, so maybe it's cultural?

I wonder, are the children not taught to wear it? (Ignorance) Or are they specifically taught not to wear it? (Because it's not macho)

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

thank u for this.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Escape Addict posted:

I wonder, are the children not taught to wear it? (Ignorance) Or are they specifically taught not to wear it? (Because it's not macho)

A few reasons some Indians may not be wearing Deodorant

They are Swedesi and dont want to consume western brands.
These folks may be waiting for a swadesi brand; e.g Baba Ramdev’s pantanjali‎ deodorant

Can’t afford Deodorant
Can you really expect those living on minimum wage to spend ₹s on a Deo?

Might think that their BO attracts the opposite sex.
Especially since some western/hollywood role models are Stinky Stars (link) too

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Escape Addict posted:

Escape Addict posted:

LOL. You can buy "body deo" in most markets, which is basically AXE but sometimes with Triclosan in it (which helps, but burns the skin and is a carcinogen). You can buy AXE, too. Mostly it is just scent. The prices range from about 50 cents to a buck or two USD per can. Some supermarkets will sell actual deodorant sticks, all antiperspirant. Those cost a lot more. The average Indian in and out of the city does not make that much money where they are going to continuously throw their earnings on smelling totally pleasant all the time. It's not a matter of ignorance, it is simply a matter of "This is a product that we never knew we needed until foreign companies started advertising here and telling us we smelled bad, or we will get ladies by smelling better." People there, outside of educated Indians that want to be more Western, don't give a poo poo. When a can of deodorant costs the price 3-5 days of meals, what are you going to do? I don't know a good conversion, but if the average price of deodorant in the US/CAN/AUS was $20-30, how many people would just say "gently caress it"?

Perfume goes back thousands of years there, but this whole "stop sweating completely and smelling like a human" thing is brand new (and recent all over the world, I might add), and doesn't make any sense when it's often over 90F/32C for part of the year in many places and air conditioning is not as common as you'd like. Sweating and stinking are natural, but some bodies are more prone to it than others. I live in China where they naturally don't get B.O. and they don't use deodorant, but they god drat stink for a variety of other reasons, all the time, every day, and it's offensive as hell to my North American sensibilities.
There's also a difference between the lifestyles. Some people have jobs or time where they bathe multiple times a day, and wear fresh clothes at the end of the day. They aren't going to smell that much because they wash the sweat off. People stuck in the 9-6 jobs, wearing the same clothes all day, sweating on the bus or outside, and then hanging out after work are going to smell worse.

When it's hot enough, deodorant doesn't work as well as you'd expect. When you sweat so hard that your clothes get those white salt lines on them when they dry.. good luck.

Also, when you live there, you honestly don't notice it. You adapt and it's barely a thing. The only times I ever thought "drat, that person loving stinks" was when I was on the train and this guy took his shoes off in the AC car and we were all trapped with that blowing around the room.

bubblebee
Jan 6, 2014
I take antiperspirant and deordoant to India when I visit.

It just doesn't work. The humidity is so high that even in the winter something that last all day in Canada works for about 2 hours there.

Most women there wear oil based perfumes since they don't evaporate. Since they're popular they're also cheap. Jasmine flowers are popular in the south especially since the heat makes them smell super finneeee.

spathi-wa posted:

stop ruining thread with all this sallu hate

Sorry bhai-ji. I'll stop making fun of the most tragically disgusting fil-im star, please to be.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I had a gheeaboo friend for a while. She used to wear sari (whitest whitey white girl), would only date Indian guys, etc. One week in India and she renounced it all because she was so grossed out by how men behaved towards her. Kind of a shame, but also kind of a relief.
I've got an Indian boyfriend and he feels uneasy about taking me to India (north part especially) because "there's so many creepy guys." Can't say I blame him. We get uncomfortable just going to nightclubs here because of all the thirsty Punjabi guys staring me down. I even had one pretty much hold me against a wall and beg me for five minutes to grind with him while I screamed "gently caress OFF" in his face the entire time.

There was also a Punjabi cab driver who hit on me for the entire ride. It was weird but I didn't think much of it until he found my Facebook account through a mutual friend half a year later and asked me to go out clubbing with him and sneak him into my house. Haha, no thanks.

Escape Addict
Jan 25, 2012

YOSPOS
Thank you, Haier. I appreciate your anthropology posts in this thread and the China one as well.

I suspected it was a poverty thing. I guess it's a lot like time traveling to the Old West. It's funny that B.O. fetishism is widespread there as a result.

What's drinking culture like in India? It's so socially conservative there, yet very influenced by the British, who drink a lot. Lots of local rum? Gin? Brandy? Cheap beer? Only on festivals or weddings? Another pleasure out of reach for the common folk due to price?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Escape Addict posted:

Thank you, Haier. I appreciate your anthropology posts in this thread and the China one as well.

I suspected it was a poverty thing. I guess it's a lot like time traveling to the Old West. It's funny that B.O. fetishism is widespread there as a result.

What's drinking culture like in India? It's so socially conservative there, yet very influenced by the British, who drink a lot. Lots of local rum? Gin? Brandy? Cheap beer? Only on festivals or weddings? Another pleasure out of reach for the common folk due to price?
I wouldn't really say it is a poverty thing, just that it's recent, it's expensive, it's so hot sometimes that it's utterly useless, the options are all poo poo, and it the smell is something you don't notice that much when you actually live there. Sweating is a natural thing, and it can't be helped in hot times.

I don't drink, so I have no idea.

bubblebee posted:

I take antiperspirant and deordoant to India when I visit.

It just doesn't work. The humidity is so high that even in the winter something that last all day in Canada works for about 2 hours there.

Most women there wear oil based perfumes since they don't evaporate. Since they're popular they're also cheap. Jasmine flowers are popular in the south especially since the heat makes them smell super finneeee.
I am a dude, but India got me into the "male" oil perfumes (sandalwood, patchouli, and various musky-woodsy-citrus scents). All of them get compliments outside India except for patchouli, which I wear just annoy white people. I used to wear it on days when my manager would come in and she would hate it and ask me to change clothes and I'd tell her I can't change my skin, and it helped our awful relationship a lot by her completely avoiding me instead of bothering me.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Celery Face posted:

I even had one pretty much hold me against a wall and beg me for five minutes to grind with him while I screamed "gently caress OFF" in his face the entire time.

Hahaha being a chick sounds like it loving sucks

DynamiteSurprise
Aug 6, 2013

I wonder what top secret policies is he withholding from the rest of us.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I like my dal like I like my bhabhis... Thicc as fac

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

DynamiteSurprise posted:

I wonder what top secret policies is he withholding from the rest of us.

Summer [of] Rus!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Gatts posted:

Salman Khan. He's actually one of Bollywood's biggest box office draw as his movies always make oodles of money and they're by the numbers poo poo. He's just a bulked up buff dude who can't act or dance but gets to bang all the Bollywood women. He freaked out when Aishwaryia Rai dumped him, showed up on her movie set, and had to have Shah-Rukh Khan (decent actor, dude, etc.) cut in and set him straight.

I always preferred Hrithik Roshan anyway. So loving dreamy. Can act, dance, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5dEln1ZhLQ

I tried watching Sigham. It's like a Bollywood Die Hard. The best thing to come out of it is this re-captioned clip with the guile theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrpXXxRlD_Q

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Gridlocked posted:

I tried watching Sigham. It's like a Bollywood Die Hard. The best thing to come out of it is this re-captioned clip with the guile theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrpXXxRlD_Q

The old dude in Bollywoods Aladin seems pretty cool to me.

https://youtu.be/LnYR6LrJlf8

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I gotta say, it's sort of nice that they're mostly appreciative (in the crudest way, of course), because if these were westerners, at least half the posts would be calling the women fat and/or ugly.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Confused Indian Men Posting On Facebook From Old Infocom Clue Books

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Perhaps Haier or one of the other goons who have been to India can confirm/deny:
I had a friend who was the naturalist type who went through a Neem fixation; he would boast up and down about its "amazing cure all" abiities (it is apparently antiseptic, antifungal, and antipyretic) and how it completely absolved the need for the typical variety of hygiene products. While this dude didn't smell like BO, he absolutely reeked of Neem 24/7 so it was only slightly better. Neem is very popular outside of the Western world so it makes me wonder if there is simply an over-reliance on Neem?

bubblebee
Jan 6, 2014

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Perhaps Haier or one of the other goons who have been to India can confirm/deny:
I had a friend who was the naturalist type who went through a Neem fixation; he would boast up and down about its "amazing cure all" abiities (it is apparently antiseptic, antifungal, and antipyretic) and how it completely absolved the need for the typical variety of hygiene products. While this dude didn't smell like BO, he absolutely reeked of Neem 24/7 so it was only slightly better. Neem is very popular outside of the Western world so it makes me wonder if there is simply an over-reliance on Neem?

It's mostly used for skin care. It really does help with acne if you use it as a facemask but it smells terrible and all of us should know that.

I was once paid 500 rupees by an uncle to just eat 4 leaves so yeah most if not all brown people try and avoid using it. They make pills for it which are mostly tasteless so most people just have those.

Use of neem is common in India. But what's more common and troubling is the overuse of antibiotics (actual medicine) which some people will take for literally anything.

Your friend was a giant moron. Most brown people use neem BASED things but if they use actual neem oil, will use it sparingly and wash off afterwards.

Tumeric is usually the thing that they use for everything. There's even a tumeric based ceremony during weddings.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Haier posted:

I like this joke

(And also watery dal sucks)

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

The very next morning either i die or she die

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

bubblebee posted:

It's mostly used for skin care. It really does help with acne if you use it as a facemask but it smells terrible and all of us should know that.

I was once paid 500 rupees by an uncle to just eat 4 leaves so yeah most if not all brown people try and avoid using it. They make pills for it which are mostly tasteless so most people just have those.

Use of neem is common in India. But what's more common and troubling is the overuse of antibiotics (actual medicine) which some people will take for literally anything.

Your friend was a giant moron. Most brown people use neem BASED things but if they use actual neem oil, will use it sparingly and wash off afterwards.

Tumeric is usually the thing that they use for everything. There's even a tumeric based ceremony during weddings.

I should've explained, I meant Neem oil soap (I didn't realize how many different forms of Neem there are). This dude was using Neem oil soap exclusively and thumbing his nose at those who didn't.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Munchables posted:

The very next morning either i die or she die

la petite mort

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Haier posted:

Post your favourite dal recipe.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

bubblebee posted:

But what's more common and troubling is the overuse of antibiotics (actual medicine) which some people will take for literally anything.

Yeah it's actually super scary. They're playing space big boys all while creating the next super multi resistant poo poo bug

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

some sort of small pastry

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

unpacked robinhood posted:

Yeah it's actually super scary. They're playing space big boys all while creating the next super multi resistant poo poo bug

Makes perfect sense. The Indian Space Program is a way for India's educated elites to escape the disease-ravaged planet.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

YEAH MY PUSSY LEAKS

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

YEAH MY PUSSY LEAKS

is that like wikileaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spathi-wa
Sep 8, 2005
hu hu hu ^_^
Lipstick Apathy
FACIN LOLZ

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/06/indian-mp-who-attacked-air-steward-demands-his-travel-ban-be-overturned

gaurdain posted:

Ravindra Gaikwad made international headlines last month after footage emerged of the Shiv Sena politician repeatedly striking a steward with his sandal onboard an Air India flight.

He admitted hitting the 60-year-old steward about two dozen times during the altercation on a flight from Pune to Delhi. Gaikwad has had to travel by train after the airline filed a police complaint and banned him from its flights, prompting other airlines to follow suit.

bubblebee posted:

Sorry bhai-ji. I'll stop making fun of the most tragically disgusting fil-im star, please to be.

GOOD you have learned your lesson. poor bhai only shot a deer and getting jail??? and only killed a homeless and getting jail???? in justice. Truly he deserves Sankalp Colony Flim Awards Best Actor for Dabanng 2

• Locked thread