Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
just so everyone realizes the Rangers D is tonight is something like

Staal-Girardi
Smith-Klein
Kampfer-Clendenning

Or something

something...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Levitate posted:

Staal-Girardi
Smith-Klein
Kampfer-Clendenning

Or something

something...

Staal-Girardi as a pair is scary enough, Staal-Girardi getting first pair minutes is nightmare fuel.

Jovial Cow fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 6, 2017

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Goddamn that is terrible news. I guess we can't win the cup every year though (and it's not entirely off the table but eh, Letang is the 3rd pillar of our offense and I just don't think Schultz/Daley/Maatta can fill that void when the games get close)
Let's see Crosby get the Richard/Hart at least

Pretty sure Mcdavids got that Hart locked down.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Levitate posted:

Staal-Girardi
Smith-Klein
Kampfer-Clendenning

Or something

something...

:stare: but also :lol:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

Sure he might lead in points, but how many dicks has he speared? Probably like only 3.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Aphrodite posted:

Sure he might lead in points, but how many dicks has he speared? Probably like only 3.

His personal life shouldn't be a factor

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Sadly Crosby finished second there too behind Marchand.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/05/sabres-okposo-hospitalized-icu-department/

quote:

After Dan Bylsma admitted to being “very concerned” about Kyle Okposo’s health, word came that the Buffalo Sabres forward is hospitalized and in intensive care.

Okposo is in the Neuro Surgical ICU at Buffalo General Hospital, Paul Hamilton of WGR-AM 550 reported Wednesday. The Buffalo News has confirmed the story.

Okposo has been sick since March 28. The 28-year-old has visited doctors, but Bylsma had no diagnosis to announce Wednesday.

“It’s a difficult thing for him to be dealing with now in this situation,” Bylsma said in KeyBank Center. “Very, as a coach and a person, concerned for him and his situation.

“He’s seeing our doctors and done some tests.”

According to the website for the UCLA Neurosurgery Department, the neuro ICU cares for patients with all types of neurosurgical and neurological injuries, including stroke, brain hemorrhage, trauma and tumors.

“He’s sick and ill,” Bylsma said before the report when asked for further information on Okposo’s condition. "Very concerned."

thats uh. bad

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

So, not to try to speculate, but is there any indication that this is related to a hockey injury? Saying he's "sick" implies not. I hope it's not as serious as the article makes it sound.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I'm a close friend of the Okposo family and I don't remember how this joke goes.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I made a GDT https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816099

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jonny Nox posted:

I'm a close friend of the Okposo family and I don't remember how this joke goes.

he eventually dies :(

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

the red wings signed some ugly kid. possibly a ginger.

we're back, baby

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
kyle sickposo

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Let's see Crosby get the Richard/Hart at least

There's a 0% chance that someone other than McDavid wins the Hart.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Spoiler alert: we all eventually die.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Martytoof posted:

It's one thing to know that and another to actually experience it.

Watching stuff die loving sucks.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

whatis posted:

kyle sickposo

poxoso

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Alexei emelin injured and out for the rest of the buffalo game

Oh man i would be SO upset if he went on LTIR like right now

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Coughposo

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Remember when Kimmo won a cup? Good times

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Hi HAS :D

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I know it doesn't mean much but it's kind of cool seeing your favorite team crush another regular season.

Now please win Ovechkin a Cup.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Ginette Reno posted:

You mean Adam Larsson?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
This makes a first round Pens-Jackets series a reality, huh? That blows. A lot harder to choose between than it was in 2014 since both teams absolutely deserve to go farther. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the playoffs system is terrible.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Martytoof posted:

okay, but I'm gonna keep reading anyway

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Pungry posted:

This makes a first round Pens-Jackets series a reality, huh? That blows. A lot harder to choose between than it was in 2014 since both teams absolutely deserve to go farther. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the playoffs system is terrible.

I can't wait for good Yinzers on social media to put CBJ fans back in their place in the most obnoxious way possible if the Pens win the series.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
If the Caps can't win it all this year I don't know what to say. Letang is gone, Werenski is gone(?), the rest of the East is whatever, and nobody in the West is on their level except Chicago.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Quick question cause I didn't see the initial part - is the Tampa Bay dude whose balls Marchand lanced like a valiant knight in the days of yore egregiously tapped the same dude who boarded the gently caress out of Pastrnak?

ed: n/m guess it was Hedman

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 6, 2017

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Okposo has super mumps.

So does Letang.

and Stamkos.

It's all a cover.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

If the Caps can't win it all this year I don't know what to say. Letang is gone, Werenski is gone(?), the rest of the East is whatever, and nobody in the West is on their level except Chicago.

They will fall to the best player in the NHL Connor McDavid and the mighty Edmonton Oilers in 7 in the Stanley Cup Final. :smug:

In all seriousness, I feel like Washington's just one of those teams that you can't see winning until they actually do, like the Sharks until last year (at least until the SCF). I certainly hope they win so Ovechkin can win the Cup. I'll keep doubting them until that day comes, though, especially if they face the Pens in the 2nd round no matter how injured they are.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Krime posted:

Okposo has super mumps.

So does Letang.

and Stamkos.

It's all a cover.

Mumps all the way down!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:butt:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Capitals/status/849785291925848064

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ilkka Sinisalo has died, he was only 58.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Aww :(

Thats the guy that my father randomly curses at to this day when watching any hockey game, even non flyer ones.

Like plekanec will move out of the zone

"Skate Sinisalo tabernak!!!"

My dad's going to be crushed :(

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Pungry posted:

I think it sucks because I want them both to lose. The Penguins because I don't want to see a repeat champion, the Blue Jackets because their fans (well maybe not the ones who post here) are getting a little cocky now that they've had one good regular season, and also another reason I'm not going to go into further detail about.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Also, I kind of just assumed Toronto was going to make the playoffs. I didn't realize they play Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, and Columbus as their last three games. I guess they really only need to beat Tampa Bay, but it could get rough if they don't. I'd imagine Columbus and Pittsburgh won't be resting players either since it's possible for them to switch seeding still.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

Werenski's just day to day, but Murray is still gone with a broken hand.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Jack Roslovic, first ever Columbus born player drafted into the NHL, will make his NHL debut with the Jets tonight in Columbus. Apparently his parents have season tickets right behind the visitors bench

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Toronto is a legit ok/good team this year so they'll make it in. I'm more concerned about Montreal losing a game to the Buffalo Sabres hockey organization.

• Locked thread