Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

TheDemon posted:

It's not really different than normal Cascade decks except you have to draw the card you're cascading into instead of playing it from your library.

It does mean you can put cheap interactive cards in your deck, and those are usually pretty good in Modern. The deck's probably still bad, but it is a legitimately different deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
Oh, it's my favorite Neil Cicierega album,

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Bugsy posted:

Some A++ cates so far.

Power creep! It's a cheetah and everything

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Hollowhenge Beast eat your heart out

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Restore balance is already being picked up my speculators. If you plan on playing with it in a future deck or for one right now, this is the last time its going to be under 20 for a playset for a bit.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Fish Of Doom posted:

Power creep! It's a cheetah and everything

Strictly worse for not having Terese Nielsen art.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Snap//It
Hell//Pay
Good//Know
A//Z
Out//Pasture
Back//The Future

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Sickening posted:

Restore balance is already being picked up my speculators. If you plan on playing with it in a future deck or for one right now, this is the last time its going to be under 20 for a playset for a bit.

A part of me wants to grab some just to leave my options open for this janky brew, but I know it's not worth it: https://deckstats.net/decks/997/658499-balance-prison

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Alpha Complex > Magic the Gathering: I CAST MOUTH

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

SoftNum posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Alpha Complex > Magic the Gathering: I CAST MOUTH

Cast Mouth, eat the eggs.

e: also the White Weenie deck in the MTGO Throwback league seems grossly misbuilt. It's running four maindeck Catacylsm, and Cataclysm is great. It's also running three maindeck Disenchants and an Aura of Silence, with the remaining Disenchant and Auras in the sideboard. It has access to EIGHT Disenchant effects but has no Armageddons anywhere. Any old timers want to tell me why this White Weenie deck isn't running any Geddons when four of the six decks I've played against have been running Geddon in their Oath or Birds of Paradise decks?

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 6, 2017

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
There's no way 2 As Foretold don't make their way in to something like Grixis Control, right?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Lets Pickle posted:

Snap//It
Hell//Pay
Good//Know
A//Z
Out//Pasture
Back//The Future

Left//Die
Born//Kill
Lambs//Slaughter
Return//Dust (:mmmhmm:)

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Count Bleck posted:

Left//Die
Born//Kill
Lambs//Slaughter

Station//Station

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Attorney at Funk posted:

Station//Station

Coast//Coast

It's just the same card twice.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Count Bleck posted:

Ashes//Ashes
Dust//Dust

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
How does As Foretold interact with Flashback costs? Does it just look at the CMC and let you cast it? There's no "From your Hand" clause.

Can I cast Snapcaster targeting Lightning Bolt, and cast the bolt for free with As Foretold if it has 1 or more counters on it?

Alternatively, can I flashback Mystical Teachings for 0 from my yard if I have 3 counters on As Foretold?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Balon posted:

How does As Foretold interact with Flashback costs? Does it just look at the CMC and let you cast it? There's no "From your Hand" clause.

Can I cast Snapcaster targeting Lightning Bolt, and cast the bolt for free with As Foretold if it has 1 or more counters on it?

Alternatively, can I flashback Mystical Teachings for 0 from my yard if I have 3 counters on As Foretold?

As Foretold and Flashback are both alternate casting costs, so no.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Balon posted:

If your As Foretold had 2 counters on it, you could cast the Snapcaster for free and then just cast anything out of your graveyard for cost like it was in your hand.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Fun//Funky

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Attorney at Funk posted:

If your As Foretold had 2 counters on it, you could cast the Snapcaster for free and then just cast anything out of your graveyard for cost like it was in your hand.

I'm now imagining a Standard format where people are casting and As Foretolding out multiple blue Gearhulks in a single turn, except there are no great instants to flashback and control is dogshit in this current standard meta.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
And there goes Restore Balance, up to fifteen dollars and probably rising.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Just lost to a grave pact in modern.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Pontius Pilate posted:

Just lost to a grave pact in modern.

...how?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

It was out of the board from a mardu aristocrats deck. Was playing grixis death's delver and could never keep a threat on the board.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Down//gently caress

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Happy//Help

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Out//Lunch

Kill a guy, gain life.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Back//Basics

I know about Back to Basics

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

Rigel posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't even notice the or less.

You are going to need a lot of card draw to really get a lot from this, but its in blue so that shouldn't be difficult.

It lets you cat ancestral visions for free the turn it comes down so...

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
//Fast//Furious

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Balon posted:

There's no way 2 As Foretold don't make their way in to something like Grixis Control, right?

I have a hard time seeing it in the current incarnations of the deck. The best scenario with it is getting an ancestral off right away, but that's essentially a 2-for-1 for 2U, it's not enough to put you in great shape, and leaves you tapped out on turn 3.

I would think that, like someone said earlier, a control deck built around tapping out might be where you want to have it in the main but I don't think those kind of decks are playing blue.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Beaten//Horseslush

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
These jokes have gone on // long.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!
Soup // Nuts

uninverted posted:

You forgot an o.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

uninverted posted:

You mean run in // the ground ?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Someone photoshop Bruce Springsteen's album and end this

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
One thing the unusual templating of As Foretold allows is the proper casting of X spells.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Apparently if you play Plunge into Darkness' second mode on MTGO it doesn't let you confirm when you stop wanting to pay life, forcing you to pay life until you lose. It's been this way for at least a year too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

ZeroCount posted:

Apparently if you play Plunge into Darkness' second mode on MTGO it doesn't let you confirm when you stop wanting to pay life, forcing you to pay life until you lose. It's been this way for at least a year too.

At some point in the last five years, a manager has tasked a software team leader to estimate how many person-hours and how much time it would take to fix all the dumb rules bullshit that happens on Magic Online. I am embarrassed by how much money I'd pay to read that memo.

• Locked thread