Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

This went from poo poo TV to TV gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Tai is just not good at this game.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Ozzy is goona get boned by this?

:lol::lol::lol::laffo::lol::lol::lol:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

You know I'm loyal :lol:

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
This is such a Tai thing to happen

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Imagine if Sandra idoled out two people in a row.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahah Tai is so dumb, man.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Tai is so subtle guys. We don't even get it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
She tried, man. She tried.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Tai is the new queen

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

drat :(

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

So Tai just blew up his game trying to save the person that he was trying to get taken out and she still got booted

Also I get that he's not somebody they want to align with closely, but letting him in on that plan would have made things go a lot more smoothly

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

It took 3 seasons for the Queen to get knocked off of the chessboard.
Wow.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Trading Sandra for Debbie

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

I'm not even mad, that was amazing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tai is so loving paranoid and it always fucks him up. You'd think he woulda learned by now.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Robnoxious posted:

It took 3 seasons for the Queen to get knocked off of the chessboard.
Wow.

And a stupid tribe swap again.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

SteveVizsla posted:

Trading Sandra for Debbie
I would have horse traded Debbie for magic beans.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I mean Tai does kind of have an issue here, but he's not bringing it up.

He's obviously not great at the social part of the game, but at the same time he might have understood if someone had told him that they had to tell Sandra/Varner a name and since he was 'returning' to the group he was the obvious choice as a name they would buy.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
That conversation with Tai might have been staged....right?

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

JesusSinfulHands posted:

That conversation with Tai might have been staged....right?

I don't think Tai is that bright!?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The least they could do was wait for her to be on jury for the first time. :(

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shneak posted:

The least they could do was wait for her to be on jury for the first time. :(

She's never been on the jury before, why start now?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
At least Sandra got to go out swinging

Also she follows in the footsteps of another Survivor icon, Dan Barry, for getting lauded by her tribe on the way out

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
This episode would have been 150% to 200% better if Ozzy had been the one to go to Exile Ship and get advice from Cochran

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

JesusSinfulHands posted:

This episode would have been 150% to 200% better if Ozzy had been the one to go to Exile Ship and get advice from Cochran

The fact that this didnt happen is proof this show is not totally rigged

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Super Aggro Crag posted:

If Sandra doesn't get voted off tonight she is the greatest of all time.

Nah. She already is.

The best exiles would've been either Sandra or Ozzy, definitely.

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

"Ahoy, tribematey! Remember when you got voted out three times in one season?"

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Codependent Poster posted:

Ozzy coulda spun that to Verner that that's what they told Tai just to make him feel safe.
In fact Tai should think it's Sandra going home, and it's weird that they got mad at him saying that.

But holy poo poo what was he doing at tribal? I've never seen a bigger case of someone shooting themselves in the foot

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

It was a nice run while it lasted!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Queen is dead. All hail the Queen.

I actually finished that episode with a smile on the face. I mean, Sandra basically got a memorial episode complete with a Tribal ovation. That bit where Ozzy, Andrea, and Lady Cop had to remind themselves not to believe her because she's so good was pretty perfect. Lady Cop summed up Sandra perfectly. She doesn't push, she makes sense, she "grooms." And she really did just about everything she could have done to try and turn that around and I was thinking she might have pulled it off (with Tai's help, of course). Zeke looked like he was going to poo poo his pants when Sandra started talking in Tribal.

I mean, theoretically she could have tried to turn Thai and have him us an idol but not knowing he had idols or where he'd go that probably wasn't a feasible move with Sandra's knowledge.

I'm sad but it was a fun run and its a fun season.

Thai's a paranoid, silly fool not made for this game, but his instincts weren't wrong at all. He was clearly being boxed out by his tribe and has every reason to worry about his position. Certainly he holds a lot of the responsibility for that by being so flighty but he is the guy who handed over an idol to his tribe just a couple of days earlier and before that voted off his close ally. So gently caress it, just play crazy, Thai. At least its fun to watch you make people pee their pants.

I look forward to Debbie joining the Survivor tradition of blowing the double vote advantage.

xbilkis posted:

I kind of don't like doing two swaps this frequently; it seems to kind of increase the odds someone gets hosed by random chance

On the other hand the Blue tribe probably would have just kept losing if they didn't do anything, so I guess this keeps things a little fresher

I think the reason they do so many swaps so frequently is to really make it impossible for some solid majority alliance to form that will run through the game. To that end I like it. Yeah, it means people are going to get screwed and two of my favorites have gotten screwed by twists this season despite being in good positions before hand, but that's Survivor. Ultimately I like the big picture idea of making sure the pre-merge status gets shaken up enough to assure no pagongings.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:rip:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I just finished the episode and the editors can go gently caress themselves

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:smith:

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

The Queen is dead. All hail the Queen.

I actually finished that episode with a smile on the face. I mean, Sandra basically got a memorial episode complete with a Tribal ovation. That bit where Ozzy, Andrea, and Lady Cop had to remind themselves not to believe her because she's so good was pretty perfect. Lady Cop summed up Sandra perfectly. She doesn't push, she makes sense, she "grooms." And she really did just about everything she could have done to try and turn that around and I was thinking she might have pulled it off (with Tai's help, of course). Zeke looked like he was going to poo poo his pants when Sandra started talking in Tribal.

I mean, theoretically she could have tried to turn Thai and have him us an idol but not knowing he had idols or where he'd go that probably wasn't a feasible move with Sandra's knowledge.

I'm sad but it was a fun run and its a fun season.

Thai's a paranoid, silly fool not made for this game, but his instincts weren't wrong at all. He was clearly being boxed out by his tribe and has every reason to worry about his position. Certainly he holds a lot of the responsibility for that by being so flighty but he is the guy who handed over an idol to his tribe just a couple of days earlier and before that voted off his close ally. So gently caress it, just play crazy, Thai. At least its fun to watch you make people pee their pants.

I look forward to Debbie joining the Survivor tradition of blowing the double vote advantage.

I think the reason they do so many swaps so frequently is to really make it impossible for some solid majority alliance to form that will run through the game. To that end I like it. Yeah, it means people are going to get screwed and two of my favorites have gotten screwed by twists this season despite being in good positions before hand, but that's Survivor. Ultimately I like the big picture idea of making sure the pre-merge status gets shaken up enough to assure no pagongings.

Although the frequent swaps do annoy me a lot of the time, they're actually good for the reason you stated, and also even better on returning player seasons for loving with any pre-island alliances that may have been formed.

blue squares posted:

I just finished the episode and the editors can go gently caress themselves

Yeah, I don't think what we saw on screen, particularly everything to do with Tai, especially his Tribal shenanigans, had much to do with the reality of what actually went down in that tribe during the days that episode was filmed. I'm pretty sure Tai was in on everything with his alliance, especially since he wrote Sandra's name, and also didn't even seem like he was considering playing an idol, even though his was the name being publicly spoken as who to vote for by the alliance he was "betraying" at tribal

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Honestly, gently caress the producers for wasting an entire segment of the episode with Cockring and Debbie on a boat instead of focusing on the actual game parts. We probably could have got more of what went down at the tribal and the post immunity then what we got because they had to have Debbie and Cockring have their moment.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

What a roll of the die. Of all the players to get advice hahahaha.

Teckiwi
Dec 7, 2006
The only person better than Debbie meeting Cochran would be Keith if he was on this season.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Ripping the idol clue board off the well was a fun moment.

Tai is a Ciera-tier player and it is nuts they trust him at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I feel like Sandra would've been better on the boat.
"What the gently caress kind of advice can this nerd give me?"

• Locked thread