Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
And then everyone tries to one-up everyone else on how gross they think fast food is and how they once thought about mcdonald's and broke out in hives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Please don't make fun of my good friends the supertasters

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

yo rear end is grass posted:

If you enter a restaurant, sit down, and ask for a menu 5 minutes before it closes, you are the worst kind of person.
If I did that the only response I would expect is "Sorry, the kitchen's closed." Like, don't all restaurants stop serving food some time before their actual closing time?

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Cowslips Warren posted:

Along uniform lines, my boss told me I couldn't wear my two necklaces because company policy is only one. Fine, so one stays in my shirt. But the dude with half-sleeve tattoos on both arms doesn't have to cover them, despite the uniform guidelines stating to, because it would get too hot for him if he wore arm coverings.

This one kinda makes sense honestly. You can remove jewelry but you can't remove a tattoo. On the other hand, being able to wear one necklace but not two is a little arbitrary.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Tiggum posted:

If I did that the only response I would expect is "Sorry, the kitchen's closed." Like, don't all restaurants stop serving food some time before their actual closing time?

Many do, but not all.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cleretic posted:

I've heard tales of how much pain the Doctor Who Scarf causes people who knit. It's the first request they're asked for by anybody, and is also the most prohibitively expensive and time-consuming scarf that has ever existed.
It's also at minimum 12 feet long and the longest it's ever been was upwards of some 27 feet.
If you have enough money to commission a scarf of that length, you may as well save yourself some money and just buy a replica.

Mad props to Begonia Pope for knitting a dozen feet of garter stitches.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Tiggum posted:

Some restaurants won't let you start closing / cleaning until the last person has left. So someone could show up near closing and just sit there forever and the employees can't kick them out. This happened when I used to work at Panera Bread.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Magic Hate Ball posted:

And then everyone tries to one-up everyone else on how gross they think fast food is and how they once thought about mcdonald's and broke out in hives.

Poor Goon, thought of McDonald's and died.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

Why would they ever close any of the self-checkouts? The whole point of them is that you only need one staff member to watch a dozen checkouts. Sometimes they just have someone working a nearby register also keep an eye on the self-checkouts.

That sounds very reasonable?

Showing any tattoos is against the dress code.

When the district manager is in town, tattoo dude wears a long sleeve shirt. Once he's gone, back to normal short sleeves.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 16:39 on Apr 6, 2017

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Eau de cigarette: when I was little, my mom put me in another school, and I ended up carpooling with a family of teenagers who went to the upper school attached to my elementary. I liked them; it was fun being around teens who treated me like a little mascot. Problem was, they all three smoked like chimneys, but only in the car because they didn't want their own parents (or mine) to know.

I was at that school for two years, and got teased constantly for smelling bad; I couldn't smell the cigarette smoke after a while because I was effectively basting in in for the 40 minute or so car ride each way every day, but my mom said my school uniform could have stood up on its own, the reek was so solid. Like someone above said, the teachers thought I was smoking because of how strongly I smelt of it. Why didn't my mom ever say anything either to the kids or their parents? Because she, like my dad, were passive-aggressive, and never wanted to get 'involved' -- besides, they were afraid if they spoke up, I'd get kicked out of the carpool and then they'd have to drive me to school.

Year later, my ex was a former smoker, as were his parents, but after his dad died, his mother went back to it because of the stress and heartbreak. Fair does,, but she was also skint as gently caress, and bought the cheapest, nastiest cigarettes available. I hated visiting her, because everything in her house stank, and it got into our clothes, hair, anything made of fabric. Everything in the house tasted of it -- and she would try to disguise the smell with those plug-in air freshner/perfume things that just made the house worse.

Her smoking was the gift that kept on giving, because she was a quilter, and she knew I liked to quilt and sew, as well. She'd always have really great fabrics and samples saved up to give me when we visited or she'd send me a box at Christmas that she'd spent the year filling. No matter how many times I washed the pieces, though, they still stank. I'd get them where I thought they were clean, but as soon as I ironed a piece I was stitching, up came the horrible stale stink of old cigarette smoke.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I hate those cigarettes in the brown paper, they always seem to smell the worst.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I have a coworker who refers to his monthly bills as "billies".

I'm broke man I paid all my billies last night.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Bungled by his billies :(

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Australian?

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Nah, billies are bongs/bong hits.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Tarantula posted:

Nah, billies are bongs/bong hits.

:aaaaa:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If that's not derived from the word billabong I'll eat a hat complete with corks though.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
I just overheard an EA at work admonishing an attorney for not having the gut-bomb breakfast they serve. "You need to put meat on those bones." "Yeah, well, I have a meeting now, so..." "Well you need to eat! You need meat on those bones!"

The attorney in question is at a perfectly healthy weight, and even if she weren't, there's no reason to talk to people this way, least of all in a professional setting. I really wish she would've given her a deadpan "hey, mind your business," but she's too nice. Hell I probably wouldn't have stood up for myself either.

And before you ask, this EA is not fat...but she is a bit grandmotherly. I'm sure she didn't mean it to be mean, but you really just shouldn't comment on other people's bodies at work.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnSCw3kp3_E&t=10710s

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

yo rear end is grass posted:

Speaking of job interviews, "What are your hobbies and interests?"

Also, being asked to explain to how said hobbies make me more suitable for the job. Oh yeah, let me tell you about all my recreational filing and invoice coding!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Death Zebra posted:

Also, being asked to explain to how said hobbies make me more suitable for the job. Oh yeah, let me tell you about all my recreational filing and invoice coding!

"It's an expensive hobby so that's more incentive for me to excel here"

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Bonest. The superlative form of boner

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Bonest. The superlative form of boner

If any noun needed nominalization, it's boner.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Meot

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Sorry that most of my peeves are driving-related...

If I am stopped somewhere where I shouldn't be stopped, maybe don't zip around me at 3 times the speed limit without checking why I'm stopped first. You're the idiot for having to then slam on your brakes, not the guy who was backing into a parking spot. If I had been stopping for someone crossing the street, especially if with a pet like a lot of people do in that part of the apartment complex, you would have mowed them down with no time to stop.
:argh:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Lane merging peeve. So there is, for some dumb reason, only one lane to turn onto the highway when coming up from the south. One left turn lane. So it's backed up a bit. If I am waiting 20 minutes in the line, and practice zipper merging with the left lane of the road (people think there are two turn lanes when there is only one), especially with the semi trailer who was backing up the merge into the turn lane, lane, that does not mean Cocksucker McGee right behind the semi needs to try and gently caress the semi's tailpipe in trying to merge behind him.

The light went red, so I had to wait to cross over, and while I'm waiting, Cocksucker McGee started waving to get my attention, rolled down his windows and started honking, and made the gestures to indicate he wanted to cut in front of me. His truck, and about 30 foot of loving trailer.

No. No, fucker. We try to zipper merge, that means you go BEHIND me, not in front of me. Dude laid on his horn something hard when the light went green and I didn't let him cut me off. I almost expect an angry customer service call because of my "rude driving habits."

I got no issues letting one person in. Or a car out of a parking lot. But gently caress you, cars 2-6, trying to rush out and cut me off because you're afraid no one else will let you out.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Sorry that most of my peeves are driving-related...

If I am stopped somewhere where I shouldn't be stopped, maybe don't zip around me at 3 times the speed limit without checking why I'm stopped first. You're the idiot for having to then slam on your brakes, not the guy who was backing into a parking spot. If I had been stopping for someone crossing the street, especially if with a pet like a lot of people do in that part of the apartment complex, you would have mowed them down with no time to stop.
:argh:

This just happened to me as a pedestrian yesterday. City drivers somehow struggle with the concept of people crossing the street.

Edit: lol it just happened AGAIN

Henchman of Santa has a new favorite as of 20:27 on Apr 8, 2017

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
As of last night I have a new pet peeve. Taxi drivers with terrible body odour! If you have eaten something that makes you fart non stop, please take the night off!

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Bungled by his billies :(

Maybe his phone billies are expensive...

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

There's an old friend of my boyfriend's who I let stay on my couch for a few months when he had nowhere else to go. He's had his own place since November now but still lives very close by and holy poo poo I can't even look directly at him anymore. Everything he does annoys me now:

- the way he either sits rigidly upright or hunched over looking up through narrowed eyes
- he jumps up like he's been electrocuted if you are looking for something near him or need to get by
- constantly apologizes for everything
- picks up random stuff sitting around my apartment and hands it to me or my boyfriend for no reason :confused:
- has no self-control with alcohol, drank 3/4 an unopened bottle of rum while I was at work, literally became unresponsive from one hit of weed to the point of not hearing us scream his name while he was looking right at us
- becomes soaking wet with sweat at random times
- claims to have assorted mental and physical disorders without having seen a doctor
- just gives people money
- if we go to the supermarket with him he just grabs random stuff off the shelf, and runs out of money and food halfway through the month. I'm talking $7 jars of tomato sauce even though he's on government assistance
- makes "jokes" that are just saying things happened that didn't really!!!
- was working at the supermarket overnight stocking shelves, apparently one night he was complaining about his work and the manager told him to do his job or go home ... So he got his stuff and went home, thinking (or pretending to think) he'd been fired

He has obviously mentally deteriorated over the years and I feel bad for him but he's the most obnoxious person I've ever met

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nothing tests a friendship like living together. Either you end up being willing to walk through fire for someone, or you end up wanting to set them on fire.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
no, I can't accept living with friends ever ends up well

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Moving in together is almost always a guarantee of killing your friendship. I even told my two best friends after our first year of college that I didn't want to live together because it would ruin things. We ended up trying in the 4th year and surprise surprise it was terrible and while we were still casual friends afterward there was definitely a shared feeling that we had just about enough of each other.

The guy in timefly's post just sounds like a depressed alcoholic. The sweat stuff especially reminded me of a friend who was really bad with alcohol. Any exertion whatsoever, even just walking 2 blocks to the bus stop (or even eating, and not just with spicy food) and his head would start breaking out in sweat. It was gross.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

He rarely drinks, but has no self-control when he does and reacts horribly, so yeah.

I agree, don't live with friends if you don't have to. But I was never really personally friends with this guy, I was just doing my boyfriend's old friend a favor. Living with my boyfriend has worked out great! But yeah I roomed with my best friend in college for 2 semesters and we never spoke again

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
You should live with friends who are good roommates, and not ones who are bad roommates imo

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I kind of hit the roommate lottery, I think. (Though the next place we live will have two bathrooms if it is even a remote possibility.)

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

docbeard posted:

I kind of hit the roommate lottery, I think. (Though the next place we live will have two bathrooms if it is even a remote possibility.)

Sharing a bathroom is something I only did my first two years of college and I'll never do it again with a non-romantic roommate. There's nothing more disgusting than walking into your bathroom at 7 in the morning to get ready for class and seeing the toilet filled with your roommate's poo poo with puke splattered on the rim and wall.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

timefly posted:

- claims to have assorted mental and physical disorders without having seen a doctor
to be fair, I think he's nailed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Bees. It's getting to be springtime so my yard is full of bees and it's getting too warm to not have my windows at least cracked open (no AC). They inevitably fly in and just cannot for the life of them find the way back out. They will fly into the closed half of the window for hours if you let them. I don't want to kill you idiot bugs but you make it hard sometimes. I don't have time to hide in the bathroom for the 2 hours it takes you to find the way you came in again, especially considering you'll fly in again a couple minutes later.