Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

A civics lesson from a slaver.
Is he inadvertently responsible for making filibusters possible?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

"Dems, you done bad."
- God

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Johnny Walker posted:

The commercial is so bad I can't help but suspect they knowingly made it the way they did to cause controversy.

It's genius if they intentionally made it for those reasons. I can't remember the last time both the left and right hated something so much together.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's genius if they intentionally made it for those reasons. I can't remember the last time both the left and right hated something so much together.
Yeah but if someone on the right hates it it's because they are dumb as hell.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Fat Dogs on the Moon:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Pakled posted:

See, Obama had no mandate to appoint him. The American people made it abundantly clear that they wanted a Republican-appointed justice when they voted Trump in by a margin of -3,000,000 votes.

No but see if you take away all the illegal alien votes and all the dead people and pets whose votes were forged you'll see that Trump actually won by 10 million votes.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is he inadvertently responsible for making filibusters possible?

Nope, apparently that was Aaron Burr.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
good to see Ramirez has got his groove back

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Something something paternalistic slave owner blames children for making him go nuclear.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I know Republicans are rat bastards, but these seems like a new low in just baldfaced, "gently caress the rules, what we want is right and always right no matter what"

Like A YEAR ago they wouldn't even give Merrick a goddamn HEARING, the assholes.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Fat Dogs on the Moon:

I am glad to be validated in my nervousness around cows and horses.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

World Famous W posted:

I am glad to be validated in my nervousness around cows and horses.

Especially horses those fuckers are psychotic.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Cat Mattress posted:

The level of willful density needed to create cartoons such as this and the many other "it's the Dems who are the clowns/kids/obstructionists" cartoons already posted must approach that of neutronium.

Shockingly articulate toddler refuses to play with his unseen brother until the latter stops throwing paint at him.

Also someone please help Ramirez's Susan Rice, she's turning into a kangaroo or something.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
How many aspiring cartoonists have failed to get their work published in a real newspaper while Tinsley coasts on the laziest poo poo on the planet? I'm guessing something in the four digit range.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I know I go on and on about this and it won't change anything, but I'll just say it again...

... 80 hours of research.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Starshark posted:

I know I go on and on about this and it won't change anything, but I'll just say it again...

... 80 hours of research.

"Shirriiiii...Howmush more'n tap water d'z bo--*hic*--boddlewadder cosh? Wow! Thashalot...Prolly L-lib--*hic*--librulsh fault. Allat resersh mayme sleepy...zzzzz"

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I'm still not sure whether these Tinsleys are meant to be for or against bottled water. There are mixed messages on which side is the gosh darn crazy one.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I know I'm second-guessing a right-winger and I'm only leaving myself open to the riposte of 'quote me where I said that!', but I'm thinking that Tinsley thinks only liberals drink bottled water and that, by sticking to the tap, he's showing everyone how much smarter he is than them.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Do you love the free market or hate it?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Where was Tinsley that he discovered the prices for both ripped jeans and bottled water?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Jay Rust posted:

Where was Tinsley that he discovered the prices for both ripped jeans and bottled water?

1991?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I think I read a Doonesbury from the sixties where Mark's dad was yelling at Mark for breaking in his jeans how grandad does Tinsley want to get?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The caricatures of UK politicians are so loving brutal.

They've turned Theresa May into a plague doctor with that snout of hers.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Pakled posted:

How many aspiring cartoonists have failed to get their work published in a real newspaper while Tinsley coasts on the laziest poo poo on the planet? I'm guessing something in the four digit range.
Worst part is that he isn't the worst.

Oh wait, Mell Lazarus died last year, so there's competition now

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

S'a wonder he didn't die sooner with that last name.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Remember when someone predicted :tinsley: would spend the week held up on the word snowflake? I kind of wish they had been right.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
How could you give your own colleagues the spicy handshake, Kim?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Definitely a new things that only started growing to catastrophic proportions under president Trump (insert ratchet noise here). No democratic presidents involved.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Xander77 posted:

Definitely a new things that only started growing to catastrophic proportions under president Trump (insert ratchet noise here). No democratic presidents involved.

You're a loose canon.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Xander77 posted:

amen brother

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Pakled posted:

This is actually kind of a running issue with the newspaper comic industry. New artists can't get a break, because the old ones just don't loving leave. Hm, there's an allegory here, but we'll leave that aside for now. Some of these things are approaching a century old, and are artifacts of their era. Like Barney Google & Snuffy Smith became what it is because it was originally about...well, who gives a poo poo, the point is he visited a town in Appalachia because hillbilly humor was super popular and it jumped on the bandwagon and it just sort of took over, even though nobody's given a poo poo about hillbilly jokes for decades. Barney Google himself hasn't been a regular character in the strip that bears his name for over sixty loving years.

The newspaper comics industry is a hosed up place where inertia is king, is what I'm getting at, and Bill Waterson was wise to go out on a high note like he did.

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

Xander77 posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.13551860d238

It existed before but let's not pretend that the two are equivalent. And yes, I am conscious that the democrats only sought to stop using for-profit prisons because they were not making enough money but the fact remains that their decision was overturned by the current administration.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Starshark posted:

I know I'm second-guessing a right-winger and I'm only leaving myself open to the riposte of 'quote me where I said that!', but I'm thinking that Tinsley thinks only liberals drink bottled water and that, by sticking to the tap, he's showing everyone how much smarter he is than them.

I remember seeing an editorial in a right-wing local newspaper years ago where the author complained about how loving pretentious liberals were for drinking bottled water. It was legitimately half a newspaper page about how much he hated lefties for drinking water and not pop or juice. There was complaints about how they were trying to hold up this facade of "I'm publicly broadcasting how healthy I'm pretending to be and that makes me better than you" and other levels of serious projecting. It was one of the most baffling things I had ever read and I wish I could find it again. He also hated single moms on a regular basis and would frequently write about how they were detrimental to society and the number one cause of all the troubled youths out there today.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

A civics lesson from a slaver.

Hey remember when Chris Muir responded to the arrest of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev by spending a goddamn week drawing Ben Franklin calling the entire city of Boston a bunch of pussies who should all die for some reason? This makes me about as mad as that

Trapezium Dave posted:

Fat Dogs on the Moon:

:agreed: on the spiders part, haven't tried jumping in the ocean yet. Good tip, thanks first dog :tipshat:

Today I learned that bottled water was invented by first Prime Minister of Canada John A MacDonald

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Way to do what George Carlin was making fun of almost thirty years ago.

Vib Rib posted:

Do you love the free market or hate it?

I sure hope we get a Tinsley about all the companies dropping their ads on O'Reilly

Xander77 posted:

*ignores Obama attempting to shut down federal private prisons*

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Apr 6, 2017

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Sir Tonk posted:

*ignores Obama attempting to shut down federal private prisons*
*ignores private prisons expanding for several decades, under both D and R administrations*

Next step - convince people that pot criminalization was a dastardly Republican-exclusive plot all along.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sir Tonk posted:

I sure hope we get a Tinsley about all the companies dropping their ads on O'Reilly

You've got three weeks to speculate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

• Locked thread