Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

enojy posted:

I own maybe 8 amiibo. Half are Animal Crossing. Two of them are Isabelle. My roommate thinks I want to gently caress her. It's like Isabelle is sweet & kind shih tsu. I do not want to have sex with the cartoon anthropomorphic dog. if we're laying it all out on the table in this here nintendo thread, I'd most def go on friendly platonic dates with her though.

Good lord I don't even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

enojy posted:

I own maybe 8 amiibo. Half are Animal Crossing. Two of them are Isabelle. My roommate thinks I want to gently caress her. It's like Isabelle is sweet & kind shih tsu. I do not want to have sex with the cartoon anthropomorphic dog. if we're laying it all out on the table in this here nintendo thread, I'd most def go on friendly platonic dates with her though.

:chanpop:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2djHEIxPVs

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

C-SPAN Caller posted:

True but I was hoping for more since I would like to play a platformer not named Mario that was really really good. This seems to fall below some indie platformers despite its pedigree.

I don't really see a lot of highly-rated 3D indie platformers out there, so I'm not sure what you're comparing it to.

Not to mention what reviews are basically saying is, "It's a Rare platformer", which sounds like it's living up to it's pedigree, no?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nintendo Switch: Don't talk to me if you wouldn't gently caress an amiibo.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have a Isabelle amiibo where she's waving and looking happy. My mother stopped by a couple months ago and handed me the other one. I asked her why she felt the need to buy it and she just said that it was a cute dog and I collected the smash series so v:shobon:v

"Jay, you don't want the cute dog???" was not something I was expecting that evening.

Unrelated but have a lot of people encountered a bugged battery reading? Friend of mine said his switch is charging overnight but constantly says 84% left. When it's down to like 1% it can still go for over a over and a half and it's kinda news to me.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Where's my loving Seinfeld amiibo???

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have three amybaes.

Mr Game and Watch.
WiiFit Trainer.
8Bit Mario (from my awesome Super Mario Maker game :D)

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i understand why you'd think that, but no, sex is not on my mind. what i share with isabelle transcends such earthly concerns

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Let's nip the weird 'having sex with Nintendo characters' derail in the bud right here :)

Iwata would be sad and Shiggy definitely is.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Zas posted:

i understand why you'd think that, but no, sex is not on my mind. what i share with isabelle transcends such earthly concerns

Exactly. These goons just don't understand. Isabelle is a lil sweety.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

enojy posted:

Exactly. These goons just don't understand. Isabelle is a lil sweaty.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
STOP!!!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I have three amybaes.

Mr Game and Watch.
WiiFit Trainer.
8Bit Mario (from my awesome Super Mario Maker game :D)

Which one do you want to 'hold hands' with?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I got the Guardian Amiibo so I could hold 6 hands at once.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I got the Guardian Amiibo so I could hold 6 hands at once.

This post is highly offensive

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week on the eShop, both regions are getting the latest ACA NeoGeo game, Alpha Mission II. Lego City Undercover is being released on Friday. Graceful Explosion Machine is a pretty anticipated Nindie, although there's not much word on it yet.

In PAL-land, there's a demo for Just Dance 2017 going up on the eShop.

In Japan, there's a demo on the eShop for Minna de WaiWai! Spelunker, which is a platformer based on Spelunker. It supports up to 4-player co-op (either local or online). The demo is in Japanese only but it seems like a game which is pretty playable regardless.

Here's a trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zes66QiDWrg

The full game is being released on 20th April. No news on a PAL or NA release yet.

Next week, the ACA NeoGeo game is Samurai Shodown IV.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I like how the Aussie eShop has Graceful Explosion Machine as a 6/4 release date and it's almost 9pm here, but we have to wait until the US wakes up for it to actually launch because ~regions~ :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

In PAL-land, there's a demo for Just Dance 2017 going up on the eShop.

Kinda lookin forward to this one to see if it's any good for a cheapy pickup later for my Niece whenever she's over.

Just so long as it's not Watch me Whip because she's finally stopped doing that every 5 seconds :v:
Now if we can get her to stop dabbing we'll be golden

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Enjoying has been heroes but Jesus Christ could they have made the font any smaller and harder to read in docked mode? I got eye surgery last week and I'm literally having to stand next to a 60" TV to read the loving text

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I like how the Aussie eShop has Graceful Explosion Machine as a 6/4 release date and it's almost 9pm here, but we have to wait until the US wakes up for it to actually launch because ~regions~ :allears:
You should only need to wait until 3pm CEST (90ish minutes from now) because that's when the shop updates in EU.

The Just Dance 2017 demo on the WiiU just had a Justin Bieber song so I'd guess it's the same on Switch.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

Infinitum posted:

Nintendo Switch: Don't talk to me if you wouldn't gently caress an amiibo.

Sorry, i am in a committed relationship with my anime body pillow. Sorrynotsorry!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I can't even bring myself to try the Just Dance demo alone in my own living room. I've never danced once in my life, excluding years of DDR because that's like the antithesis of dancing.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I downloaded the demo on WiiU, my boyfriend was in the room and he thought I was totally cool and macho (haha just kidding he thought I looked like an idiot).

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i had the callie and marie set but i threw marie into the trash where she belongs

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Blazing Zero posted:

i had the callie and marie set but i threw marie into the trash where she belongs

Reported, hope you like being banned, idiot

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Blazing Zero posted:

get this filth off of my forum

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Given that we've been talking about amiibo, and my collection in particular at times, I thought I'd share this picture Facebook pulled up for me from 2 years ago today:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

iajanus posted:

Enjoying has been heroes but Jesus Christ could they have made the font any smaller and harder to read in docked mode? I got eye surgery last week and I'm literally having to stand next to a 60" TV to read the loving text

that's just what hd stuff has trended towards, super small text/ui elements. i get it, but it's not very good for people with eyesight issues, or smaller hdtv's for that matter. it'd be nice if there were size options.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Zelda and Binding of Isaac work fine for me in tabletop mode but Lego City Undercover's text and other elements are too small to play comfortably. Handheld and TV mode work fine, though.

Well actually in TV mode it's still kinda too small but that's my fault for sitting ~10 feet away from my 42" HDTV.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

jivjov posted:

Given that we've been talking about amiibo, and my collection in particular at times, I thought I'd share this picture Facebook pulled up for me from 2 years ago today:

Please pay someone to install your shelves next time.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

KingEup posted:

Please pay someone to install your shelves next time.

I actually went out and bought a level and a 4th shelf later that same day.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Blazing Zero posted:

Truly a man of impeccable taste. :golfclap:

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

My wife, a Social Studies teacher, covered Amiibos in some of her Government and Economics classes back when they first came out, and the economics behind them etc. She then asked me if I was going to buy any. "No" was my response. That christmas she bought me Kirby , and last year she bought me Wolf Link. Our younger dog has since murdered Kirby gruesomely. That's my amiibo story.

Also holy poo poo lol at the video in the eShop for Vroom in the Night Sky.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I loving love the Switch.

I wanted to play Zelda, so picked up the pro controller, hit the button and two seconds later the Switch fired up Zelda right where I left it and even switched my TV over to it. I know some have said that maybe that's a glitch with Samsung TV's, but I like it. I went from zero to Zelda in 3 loving seconds. No system boot up. No choosing Zelda from a menu. No game boot up loading screen. No selecting your save file.

I want to play Zelda and three seconds and one button push later I'm playing Zelda.

The future of gaming is Nintendo.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
Oh poo poo oh poo poo my Switch has been confirmed for delivery on Monday!!!!!! :D

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

enojy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW72HrWZtlU

This is the sound cue I use when I walk away from a conversation like this.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Now we're taking about loving Amiibos? I don't even know y'all's anymore.

And VideoGames shouldn't be okay with this :colbert:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Norns posted:

Now we're taking about loving Amiibos? I don't even know y'all's anymore.

And VideoGames shouldn't be okay with this :colbert:

Excuse me I'm NOT OK with this!! Have you not seen my posts?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

lmao if you don't want to get a latte with isabelle while you play snipperclips together at the coffee shop

• Locked thread