Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

"I like a different level of house."

Hope you like your new bathtub on a different level of house, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
yah itd be one thing if it was just a big dumb gently caress up, the unwarranted hubris is what really sells it

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Lookit you guys satisfied with your builder-grade bathrooms :smug:

Personally I couldn't make peace with anything less than a full Grover-grade bathroom.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm a total dummy about construction of any sort, would you guys kindly point out the funny bits for me to laugh at?

e: nevermind, I uh, see now :stare:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Kelp Me! posted:

Apparently tiled countertops are a mortal offense :shrug:

If home improvement and new home shows have taught me anything, it's that granite counter-tops uber alles.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I mean I get it, it makes the countertops look like the floors and having that much white grout is probably a nightmare to keep clean, but drat, just replace the countertops son

I'll admit I really like those weird shallow bowl granite sinks like the one he put in but they also seem really impractical and a pain to keep clean.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Put stainless steel everywhere and be done with it.

EDIT:

Like this or something like it.

Some Pinko Commie has a new favorite as of 16:44 on Apr 6, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

biracial bear for uncut posted:

EDIT:

Yeah that's a great setup if you ever need to slaughter an animal in your kitchen without making a big mess

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Or operate a burger joint from your kitchen

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Or see exactly where everyone has touched at all times

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Cool Walmart chef light switch

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

A Spider Covets posted:

Or see exactly where everyone has touched at all times

That's why Enrique keeps a washcloth at the ready.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

The sleekest, most minimalist bathroom you will ever see. Stainless is where it's at.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

biracial bear for uncut posted:

EDIT:

I have a desire to lick that surface and the thought makes me feel funny inside

edit: applies to the above too

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Phil Moscowitz posted:

The sleekest, most minimalist bathroom you will ever see. Stainless is where it's at.

One of my uncles wanted to install one of these into a tiny little bathhouse he had. Apparently they are super expensive.

edit:
Though he might have been talking about running plumbing and everything to it.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

One of my uncles wanted to install one of these into a tiny little bathhouse he had. Apparently they are super expensive.

edit:
Though he might have been talking about running plumbing and everything to it.

Looks like they run in the $2,500 - $3,500 range so uh yeah, not builder grade

https://www.grainger.com/category/ecatalog/N-1z0drwv

e: lol at the review

https://www.grainger.com/product/ACORN-Floor-Mount-Suicide-Resistant-1JZL9

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Looks like they run in the $2,500 - $3,500 range so uh yeah, not builder grade

https://www.grainger.com/category/ecatalog/N-1z0drwv

e: lol at the review

https://www.grainger.com/product/ACORN-Floor-Mount-Suicide-Resistant-1JZL9

Grainger is notoriously horribly overpriced, but yeah you're still talking in the $1,500-$2,500 range. I wonder why they're so crazy expensive?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Grainier sure has a lot of stuff under "suicide"

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Cool Walmart chef light switch

Yeah, it came from here.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Kelp Me! posted:

Grainger is notoriously horribly overpriced, but yeah you're still talking in the $1,500-$2,500 range. I wonder why they're so crazy expensive?

Because they have a deal where prisons basically have to buy from them or a couple other companies so they can charge whatever they want

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Because they have a deal where prisons basically have to buy from them or a couple other companies so they can charge whatever they want

I'm sure prison-grade steel toilets are just built to an amazingly high standard. Like they will never clog or need to have that little floaty ball thing that makes the water shut off replaced or something.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Not just for prison toilets though. I did a bit of consulting for a company that makes HVAC systems and their margin jumped like 20% on certain products when they stopped sourcing from Grainger.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm sure prison-grade steel toilets are just built to an amazingly high standard. Like they will never clog or need to have that little floaty ball thing that makes the water shut off replaced or something.

They are also built so they are impossible to dismantle, detach from wall, or damage, which is what the suicide reduction tag in that link refers to.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

They are also built so they are impossible to dismantle, detach from wall, or damage, which is what the suicide reduction tag in that link refers to.

They do have lovely sharp corners though so if you have a troublesome bunky you can just bounce their eye socket on that to get some quiet time.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

syscall girl posted:

They do have lovely sharp corners though so if you have a troublesome bunky you can just bounce their eye socket on that to get some quiet time.

Well even Grainger can't build a homicide reducing toilet. That's just impossible.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

A prison cell with toilet sink/combo would make a great guest bedroom.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Snowy posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of a guest bathroom accessible from the backyard. I have a friend that throws a lot of backyard parties and her house has an in-law unit in the backyard. She had a tiny restroom built accessible from outside so guests could take a leak without having to go in and out of the house all night.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well even Grainger can't build a homicide reducing toilet. That's just impossible.

Sirius Cybernetics makes one that is excitingly chunky with no sharp edges but that one popped the suicide rates through the roof. By all appearances some of the prisoners had found the will to hold their breath to the point of asphyxiation.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Whatever happened to hanging yourself with your bed sheets by sticking your hands in your pockets and leaning forward? Prisoners got it easy these days with their swanky suicide toilets.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Pretty sure at least one jail I spent time in had Grainger toilets. Fine plumbing, as I recall.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I wonder if test it by just leaving some dude in a cell for a month and go, "Alright, try and kill yourself with this toilet, no bashing your head on it, and we'll knock a year off your sentence"

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Snowy posted:

lol

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

This got lost in DIY mockery but this is an interview with Lowtax, Fragmaster, Livestock, Dr. Thorpe, and Docevil.

Lowtax posted:

"All I can do is just try to keep the forums running and the people there happy because that's my biggest priority right now. It's kind of a reclamation project for me."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kelp Me! posted:

I mean I get it, it makes the countertops look like the floors and having that much white grout is probably a nightmare to keep clean, but drat, just replace the countertops son

I'll admit I really like those weird shallow bowl granite sinks like the one he put in but they also seem really impractical and a pain to keep clean.

I have granite floors.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

I have granite floors.

are they a pain to keep clean?

also they must get really cold in the winter :ohdear:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Jerry Cotton posted:

I have granite floors.

Are they actual floors or do you just live in a quarry?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Those jail toilets don't get freezing cold at least, one minor consolation.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

This got lost in DIY mockery but this is an interview with Lowtax, Fragmaster, Livestock, Dr. Thorpe, and Docevil.

I wish him luck.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

a DIY reclamation project, you could say...

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

every single one of the people they interviewed have been run off the forums years ago, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

its p hilarious how depressing that article is