Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Birds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
A gaggle of crows

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
A racist stereotype.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

everyone gets to be cool in One Punch Man, even Sneck.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The collective noun for crow is murder. A murder of crows.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Bongo Bill posted:

:captainpop:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I don't believe you

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

RatHat posted:

A racist stereotype.
I prefer this one!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It's called a murder, yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_terms_of_venery,_by_animal

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Am I being trolled

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
unpossible

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

Am I being trolled

There's a barrel of monkeys there.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

That's why you should memorize the differences between ravens and crows. It's the gulf between murder and a mere unkindness.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Crows also remember everything you do and pass that on to other generations so i wouldn't be caught saying anything bad about crows stay safe y'all

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
ONE sure knows how to tell a good story; highlighting the worst and best aspects of the Hero Society, and hell, humanity. You have your people who can't do anything but freeze up, those who give in to temptation, and those who fight back.

MP100, OPM, and then on top of that Hero Academia give me joy to read, especially after a rough work day. :unsmith:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

RedMagus posted:

ONE sure knows how to tell a good story; highlighting the worst and best aspects of the Hero Society, and hell, humanity. You have your people who can't do anything but freeze up, those who give in to temptation, and those who fight back.

MP100, OPM, and then on top of that Hero Academia give me joy to read, especially after a rough work day. :unsmith:

MHA is fairly generic on the surface but everything is super polished and well crafted and it's just so full of hope and joy that it's super great.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Crows are pretty cool

Except when it's A Song of Ice and Fire volume 4: A Feast for Crows.
Then they're just boring.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Fellis posted:

Crows also remember everything you do and pass that on to other generations so i wouldn't be caught saying anything bad about crows stay safe y'all

Have crows learned to use the internet? Are crows posting about anime? Have all of my worst fears come true?:ohdear:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SpacePig posted:

Have crows learned to use the internet? Are crows posting about anime? Have all of my worst fears come true?:ohdear:

The first BBS was actually run by crows.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

It's worse than that.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Special one-shot out today. whatever

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/Special---One-Shot?id=360596

:allears:

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 5, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's been out for a while.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Mordaedil posted:

It's worse than that.

It's true though!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Don't ever bother him in the middle of his roast potato and soy milk break.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What's this about Saitama destroying the balance of the hero world by being too strong?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

What's this about Saitama destroying the balance of the hero world by being too strong?

Basically threat levels are kind of a crappy approximation as is, but Saitama's tendency to massacre any demon/dragon level threats he happens upon after everyone else is knocked out, often without anyone directly witnessing it, means that they're even less useful since there are a bunch of monsters getting slaughtered by this no name. Or no one knows who did it since he stopped reporting his kills ages ago, but the assumption is that since an A/S rank wasn't in the vicinity that a strong monster was fodder trash.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Saitama's not destroying the balance not because he's not reporting his kills, he's destroying the balance because the Heroes Association has very rigid system that determines how strong they believe a given hero or monster should be, and Saitama is proof that their methods are wrong.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
If this one-shot is anything to go by, you might even say that because the Association assumes that all these strong monsters that Saitama kills and often does not claim are actually weak, that's part of why they're in this situation now. While they knew that monster incidents were on the rise, they didn't realize things had gotten this bad until now.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe the true monster was society's reliance on heroes....

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Maybe the true monsters... were the monsters

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Zzulu posted:

hosed up if true

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Schwarzwald posted:

Saitama's not destroying the balance not because he's not reporting his kills, he's destroying the balance because the Heroes Association has very rigid system that determines how strong they believe a given hero or monster should be, and Saitama is proof that their methods are wrong.

Yes, this is it exactly. They took a guy who broke basically every record they had and ranked him the lowest, and then took a robot who looked cool and was decently strong and ranked him the highest. Saitama's beaten everything that's come at him, regardless of threat level, with ease, despite not having yet broken Rank B, while Rank S Genos has trouble with anything over, like, Tiger threat level. Rankings and Threat Levels are basically loose guidelines that end up being taken very seriously by those involved.

Zzulu posted:

This is a very ignorant statement. How dare you.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Zzulu posted:

Interesting story that relates to this: I was working in my lab late one night when my eyes beheld a fearful sight it was Dracula and the mummy as well all dancing around fairly well they did the mash. They did the monster mash. They did the mash. It was a graveyard smash.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Work Friend Keven posted:

Interesting story that relates to this: I was working in my lab late one night when my eyes beheld a fearful sight it was Dracula and the mummy as well all dancing around fairly well they did the mash. They did the monster mash. They did the mash. It was a graveyard smash.

Wost slashfiction writing ever.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c2RTvP0bEQ

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

biracial bear for uncut posted:

All those monsters, enjoying each other's company, dancing, keeping their evil in check...

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What happens if a monster eats a monster fruit

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Presumably the same as when a human eats too many of them.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Zzulu posted:

What happens if a monster eats a monster fruit

They get punched once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I want saitama to eat a monster fruit

It would probably not do anything to him because he is already physical perfection and can't be enhanced further