Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to tap out on turn 3 to be able to cast a free 1 mana cantrip next turn that doesn't exist in Standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

where's the smash mouth split card

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

ZeroCount posted:

Apparently if you play Plunge into Darkness' second mode on MTGO it doesn't let you confirm when you stop wanting to pay life, forcing you to pay life until you lose. It's been this way for at least a year too.
That was the funniest thing I've ever seen SO do

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ZeroCount posted:

Apparently if you play Plunge into Darkness' second mode on MTGO it doesn't let you confirm when you stop wanting to pay life, forcing you to pay life until you lose. It's been this way for at least a year too.

There were multiple bugs that were in the game and publicly known prior to the the Standard Throwback going online:

• Buyback costs were not reduced through effects like Sapphire Medallion
  • Natural Balance did nothing.
  • Undiscovered Paradise had no drawback.

Those are the ones that got fixed after the Throwback was put up and taken down a couple hours later since several of the decks didn't function. There are still plenty of bugs that have been in the game for more than a year and aren't going to be fixed because WotC isn't embarassed enough at their poo poo product. That Plunge bug is dumb but Plunge is a really fringe playable. loving Reanimate doesn't function correctly - if there's a Containment Priest in play and Reanimate resolves, the creature gets exiled but the Reanimate player doesn't lose life. Reanimate is not a fringe playable. Containment Priest is not a friend playable. poo poo I don't even know if Spinning Darkness works yet and that's the only card that can make MBC good in Pauper.

MTGO is bad. WotC does not see a problem with cards being nonfunctional forever.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Sickening posted:

Seems medium, but I am also probably underestimating the cycle. As long as there are some limited option in white or green then thing should feel more balanced.

I think it's really good for the limited format, where at worst it replaces itself cheaply, and at best badly disrupts their late game by taking their embalm guys and Aftermaths. In standard it can grab some Scroungers or disables delirium. Since it's instant a 4/4 Flayer can become a 2/2 when it's blocked by a 2+/x, or a traverse suddenly only fetches a basic instead of any land or a creature.

Could this also boost black Eldrazi back into relevance? Exile your pick of their yard to power Strangler.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Cat Lord!

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

for a working image:

Cat Lord!

5 mana for 7 points of power & toughness, two of which stick around through removal. Synergy with Leonin & random Felidar.

Seems good?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
There's not really anything around in Standard that makes Harmless Offering worthwhile, is there? Apart from maybe Midnight Oil, in the edgiest of cases.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Niton posted:

for a working image:

Cat Lord!

5 mana for 7 points of power & toughness, two of which stick around through removal. Synergy with Leonin & random Felidar.

Seems good?

Wanna play that cat.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Niton posted:

for a working image:

Cat Lord!

Seems good?

Someone really wanted to play Cat Tribal.

kas
Sep 9, 2003
I am a snoot.

I should probably apologize for creating this monstrosity, but I won't.

The glorious next evolution of Magic:

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

kas posted:

I should probably apologize for creating this monstrosity, but I won't.

The glorious next evolution of Magic:

Learn should be an instant.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Niton posted:

for a working image:

Cat Lord!

Seems good?

reprint Trained Caracal

Aggro Cat tribal should be a thing

kas
Sep 9, 2003
I am a snoot.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Learn should be an instant.

More garbage for the garbage fire:

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

This seems low key VERY good

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Skyl3lazer posted:

...Followed by the Hour of Devastation, it seems.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Skyl3lazer posted:

Some synergy with vehicles, and you get a little more mileage from creatures you exerted.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

gently caress Yeah Magma Spray!!! And they didn't bump it to uncommon like assholes!

Manglehorn is pretty nice too.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Manglehorn hoses the Felidar combo by the way, since Saheeli's copies are artifacts

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

RIP scrapheap scrounger.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Niton posted:

for a working image:

Cat Lord!

Seems good?

I want this to be good so badly. It's probably not though. It's probably one of the best limited rares in the set though.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Skyl3lazer posted:

EDH superstar

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Im more thinking it's a 4 point burn spell in zoo or similar

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

YggdrasilTM posted:

RIP scrapheap scrounger.

good catch, totally didn't think of that

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Skyl3lazer posted:

Im more thinking it's a 4 point burn spell in zoo or similar

this is a card for standard?

*laughs maniacally*

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's kinda like a Hellrider, except legendary, doesn't have its own reasonable body attached to it, and also it doesn't work if your attacking creature gets blocked and dies. So not much like Hellrider at all, really.

While it might be a reasonable card in an aggro deck, it's also a card that you really really really don't want to draw more than one copy of.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I feel more and more like trying to make some sort of janky "T3: Land, Hazoret, discard everything, rumble in?" deck for FNMs.

I promised myself I'd stick to limited. :negative:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Actually, that 2 mana artifact seems really nutty to me in Elves

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

80s James Hetfield posted:

reprint Trained Caracal

Aggro Cat tribal should be a thing

FInd a loving Savannah next to this desert shithole

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

Actually, that 2 mana artifact seems really nutty to me in Elves

I was thinking the same thing, I'm going to proxy it and test it this weekend when I play modern with my friends. It looks great in Elves, and when I chord of calling all of the creatures being tapped will pay off as a burn.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I want Throne in Cat Combo as tech versus the Manglehorn. Make a bunch of tapped tokens, play Throne, win.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

This is pretty irrelevant in most cases, but can you tap extra cards to power an improvise spell or to crew a vehicle?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Siivola posted:

This is pretty irrelevant in most cases, but can you tap extra cards to power an improvise spell or to crew a vehicle?

You should be able to tap all your creatures if you have a vehicle in play...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I've kinda lost track. There will be three Planewsalkers this set, right? Gideon, Lili, and a mystery entrant?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Siivola posted:

You can only improvise up to the spell's generic cost, but you can over-crew a vehicle, or crew it multiple times.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

mcmagic posted:

You should be able to tap all your creatures if you have a vehicle in play...

Yeah, you definitely can crew a vehicle with as many creatures as you want to tap them.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Rinkles posted:

I've kinda lost track. There will be three Planewsalkers this set, right? Gideon, Lili, and a mystery entrant?

Nissa. Her art was released.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Nissa. Her art was released.

How very boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I'm actually not fine with the Gatewatch if they're gonna take up so many planeswalker slots in each block.

• Locked thread