Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

wow he even has a "dummy turn ur monitor on" tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

quadrophrenic posted:

zelda is really loving fun, and i say that as a dude with healthy skepticism for open-world games

It is!

HereComesEverybody
Mar 2, 2007

a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs.

loquacius posted:

I could get one for Zelda purposes and then just kinda let it sit for a while until the next thing comes out, that's what you do with Nintendo consoles

Still playing Torment though and after that I have a hacked 3DS full of content I missed over the years which I still haven't gotten much mileage out of yet

I realized recently that one could play every single numbered Dragon Quest game on a hacked 3DS...if one were so inclined.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

cummings is still really hopeful trump will do something about prescription drug prices but the politics are just impossible for a republican.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
MR BLUNT
MR BLUNT

AYE

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

punchymcpunch posted:

dopey i never had sex with donald duck

buy my new lp, Donald Duck Sex Noise

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/CharlesPPierce/status/850004178369904640

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
"we had better not get rid of the filibuster we might need it later when republicans have power"
"we are blocking your supreme court nom for an entire year lol"
"still we better not use the filibuster, we have it against Trump's pick"
"the filibuster is gone, lol"

Senate Democrats—too dumb to see what literally everyone else in America predicted.

Primary everyone.

Academician Nomad
Jan 29, 2016
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/850005696951222272
Rebels block Assad forces from advancing, paving the way for chemical weapon attacks.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

HereComesEverybody posted:

I realized recently that one could play every single numbered Dragon Quest game on a hacked 3DS...if one were so inclined.

I have 4-9 on mine and have played 8 in its entirety and approx 20 minutes each of 4 and 7. I'll get back to them eventually.

DQ4 is cool so far but you can tell its DS port is a really early DS game because they had no loving idea what to do with two screens and just sort of made them one big portrait-oriented display

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Phone posted:

I'm getting real sick of talking to dudes who are like "pence can't be worse than trump because trump is real bad and evil, mannnnn"

Motherfuckers with no imagination

Pence is at least a predictable evil that follows "the rules" of politics. Trump's agenda will shift depending on which of his Inner Circle is currently in favor and out of prison and the man himself is volatile as all hell. Pence is just a slightly Jesusier George W.

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

quadrophrenic posted:

i almost feel like the mayor of new york has more de facto power than the governor of new york

you have broader control over the business of nyc, and your actions probably directly affect more people

and a whole lot of direct authority over the nypd, who could absolutely take on the combined forced of the ny state police and the ny natl guard if it came to a my dads military could beat yr dads fight

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

drat, they are replacing them with even more insane incompetents? This should be good :smugdon:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

tenderjerk posted:

dawww, his family (still!) thinks they're popular in NY state

his dad i get because of his brain, but this??? :kiddo:

Smoothbrain is a genetic trait

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
55-45

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

lol gowdy

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Phone posted:

I'm getting real sick of talking to dudes who are like "pence can't be worse than trump because trump is real bad and evil, mannnnn"

Motherfuckers with no imagination

Check out Corey Robin's book The Reactionary Mind and his recent podcast appearance on The Dig for more on why Trump is not an aberration for the conservative movement, which is now a victim of its own success.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I've bitten my tongue for long enough.
"Bustin'" is a good song but there are other bustin songs.

Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers - "Bustin' Loose": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwHi10qX8u8

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

however governor is seen as a stepping stone to federal politics in a way that mayor isnt

also a trump will never win in the city, at least not in my lifetime

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Did I hear correctly that McConnell was a "no" on cloture?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

tenderjerk posted:

dawww, his family (still!) thinks they're popular in NY state

his dad i get because of his brain, but this??? :kiddo:

*cranes neck to see how up state and Long Island voted*

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

loquacius posted:

Pence is at least a predictable evil that follows "the rules" of politics. Trump's agenda will shift depending on which of his Inner Circle is currently in favor and out of prison and the man himself is volatile as all hell. Pence is just a slightly Jesusier George W.

Also, Trump is more powerful with the looney alt-right cultist types.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we nuclear yet

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Who were the 3? Manchin, Heitkamp, and who else?

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/849997533694881793

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Tainen posted:

majority leader usually goes down with the ship if the vote is foretold not to pass

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Chokes McGee posted:

"we had better not get rid of the filibuster we might need it later when republicans have power"
"we are blocking your supreme court nom for an entire year lol"
"still we better not use the filibuster, we have it against Trump's pick"
"the filibuster is gone, lol"

Senate Democrats—too dumb to see what literally everyone else in America predicted.

Primary everyone.

I'm not sure what you think Democrats should have done last year though?

e: the filibuster was not relevant to Gorsuch as Republicans had the majority and simply refused to bring him up for consideration.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Tainen posted:

The majority leader routinely votes "no" on things that are going to fail because the Senate rules allow him to bring them back up later only if he does so. If it looked like his vote was required to pass, he would vote "yes".

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

Who were the 3? Manchin, Heitkamp, and who else?

NYT has a good tracker on their homepage. Bennet (CO), Donnelly, Heitkamp and Manchin

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lmao bitchell owns

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Scoreboard says 35% approval, Muslim ban blocked twice, half the people connected to Trump are under some form of investigation and the other half are seeking immunity, Congress refusing to touch Obamacare

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I've bitten my tongue for long enough.
"Bustin'" is a good song but there are other bustin songs.

Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers - "Bustin' Loose": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwHi10qX8u8

bustin loose makes me feel good

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol reading about why out of 550 positions, Trump only has nominees for 50 or less of them.

quote:

On Election Day, Trump’s transition advisers presented the president-elect’s inner circle with 30 binders of materials. One binder provided the overview and outlined detailed recommendations for the 73-day presidential transition then commencing. This was to serve as a road map designed to assure, to the extent possible, an orderly start for the new administration. A copy of that transition planning material was provided to The Post.

The documents included proposed hour-by-hour schedules for the president-elect as he began the transition; week-by-week transition messaging themes aimed at highlighting Trump’s campaign promises; ambitious timetables for completing congressional action on those promises; drafts of executive orders; policy backgrounders; a lengthy memo analyzing a White House staff structure; and landing teams assigned to key executive branch agencies, most approved by members of Trump’s family.

quote:

Although Trump remained aloof from the transition team, his family provided oversight on his behalf. Transition leaders met weekly with an executive committee composed of Trump’s children Ivanka, Don Jr. and Eric, as well as Kushner and other campaign officials.

quote:

Instead of an orderly rollout, however, the process quickly went Trumpian. Candidates were called to meet with Trump at Trump Tower or at his golf course in Bedminster, N.J., in a process that critics likened to a reality-TV show. Announcements sometimes were made through press release rather than by the candidate in a public setting. The process rather than the announcements became the theater — and the narrative.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.9666967c6fc0

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/850006078683308032

I always wondered (since I'm no good at this politics stuff), is McConnell in such a great position that he got no blowback from declaring he would keep Obama a one-term president (and failing)?

gregday
May 23, 2003

this, but the yellow is pee

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

Scoreboard says 35% approval, Muslim ban blocked twice, half the people connected to Trump are under some form of investigation and the other half are seeking immunity, Congress refusing to touch Obamacare

You're looking at a troll scoreboard, obviously

The real scoreboard says Bill Mitchell is super cool, and awesome, and not weird-looking at all

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

Jesus Christ! Well, no more drinking and reading SA posts

you have not yet mastered the nite crew arts friendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

fits my needs posted:

NYT has a good tracker on their homepage. Bennet (CO), Donnelly, Heitkamp and Manchin

so bennet wants to lose his seat. ok then lol

• Locked thread