Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nasgate posted:

The lack of ammo makes it good for vanguard. Especially if you fight Remnants. Charge an observer and hover and shoot it to death since it's a big baby that doesn't like getting punched. It's also really accurate which makes it good for softening big targets or sync kill targets.

All guns are bad though, so you're still right. But it's certainly serviceable on bronze since it's not an Assault rifle.

The +50% AR damage made the Revenant I got feel as good as the starting AR in most shooters :v:

My shotgun of choice is the Talon but yeah I was generally just making fun of how bad guns are.

Also, bronze doesn't count :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

i forget, does bioware issue patch notes for multiplayer balance changes or do we have to wait to see if they fixed the guns

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Servers offline after i updated. Very nice.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Zikan posted:

i forget, does bioware issue patch notes for multiplayer balance changes or do we have to wait to see if they fixed the guns

The news post says to check back for more detailed patch notes, which hopefully are gonna be posted real soon.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Nasgate posted:

Servers offline after i updated. Very nice.

They said servers would be down from 8-9 PST.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
http://blog.bioware.com/2017/04/06/patch-1-05-multiplayer-balance-updates/

quote:

Player Abilities

Melee
To reduce the effectiveness of repeated melees against tougher enemies, player melee attacks can now be interrupted by enemy attacks.

Challenge Tracking
Biotic, Tech, and Combat Detonation Challenges now update on the Challenges screen.
Lance and Throw will now successfully increment the Biotic Detonation Combo challenge progress.

Weapons
Generally, we’ve found that semiautomatic assault rifles and pistols are underperforming when compared to their automatic counterparts. We’ve increased the damage per round for most of these guns and fixed bugs that limited the rate of fire for semiautomatic weapons.

Assault Rifles

Mattock
Fixed an issue that prevented the Mattock from reaching its designed rate of fire
Lowered damage per round to partially offset increase in rate of fire
Lowered damage per round from 71–89 to 50–63
Increased spare ammo capacity from 112–140 to 160–200

Sandstorm
Increased damage per round from 112–134 to 140–168

Sweeper
Increased damage per round from 60–72 to 64–77

Valkyrie
Increased damage per round from 80–93 to 86–99

Halberd
Increased damage per round from 73–90 to 92–113

Pistols

Predator
The Predator also benefits from the rate of fire adjustment applied to the Mattock assault rifle.
Increased damage per round from 38–51 to 54–72
Increased Rate of Fire from 450 to 475

Carnifex
Increased damage per round from 155–195 to 175–220

Hornet
Increased damage per round from 37–49 to 44–55

Phalanx
Increased damage per round from 106–113 to 133–142

Scorpion
Increased damage per round from 428–512 to 485–580

Shotguns

Hesh
Ammo increased from 40–50 to 60–75

Sniper Rifles

Shadow
Increased damage per round from 27–32 to 38–46

Indra
Increased damage per round from 84–101 to 105–126

General

Weapon Reloads
Fixed some timings of reload actions so they better match their animations

Boosters

Assault Rifle Amp III
The Assault Rifle Amp III booster now properly states that it gives a 30% boost instead of a 35% boost. This was a text error only. The functionality was always 30%.

Enemies
Kett

Kett Anointed
Players can no longer avoid damage by standing up against a firing anointed

Kett Ascendant
Kett Ascendant’s Orb will now give 15 points when killed, instead of points equal to the Ascendant himself

Kett Behemoth (Boss objective)
Behemoths are more likely to target nearby players

Outlaw

The Outlaws have generally been easier to fight than other factions, so we’ve closed the gap. While Remnant Observers and kett anointed are effective at pushing players into cover, sharpshooters needed improvements to get players to hide. Across the rest of the palette, changes to targeting and the hydra’s sync attack help keep the Outlaws competitive.

Outlaw Adhi
Adhi no longer attempt to chain sync attacks

Outlaw Agent
Outlaw agent’s holographic clone will no longer give points

Outlaw Sharpshooter
Sharpshooters now fire more frequently, especially against targets out of cover
Sniper rifle damage increased by 44%
Sharpshooters sprint more often
Aiming time is now shortened at shorter ranges
Aiming and impact audio are now clearer
No longer pursue melee targets over long distances

Outlaw Berserker
Berserkers are more likely to target nearby players

Outlaw Hydra
Sync attack is now lethal
Hydra is more likely to target nearby players
Hydra now lose their target—but no longer cancel firing—when their target cloaks while locking on
Fixed situations where the hydra’s body would reappear after being destroyed

Remnant

We found that the Observer was a little too good at its job, often leaving players feeling totally pinned down. This could be frustrating when another Observer flanked the player or when a Nullifier attacked. At the same time, the Nullifier felt like a nuisance, but one that was easy to counter in many situations.

To address these issues, we reduced the damage Observers inflict and how long they fire for. We’ve reworked the Nullifier to make its main weapon more powerful, but less frequent against players in cover. The Nullifier is also more likely to stand its ground, helping it to control the space. Repeated melee should now be a less dominant strategy against Nullifiers.

Remnant Observer
Observers can now lose their target while firing when the target cloaks
Maximum beam duration decreased from 6s to 5s
Beam damage decreased by 10%

Remnant Nullifier
Rate of fire has been decreased against enemies in cover
Projectile attacks now travel faster and hit harder
Stays still and fires in more situations
No longer flees in protracted melee situations
[Single player only] Fires less frequently on lower difficulties

Remnant Destroyer
Destroyers are more likely to target nearby players
Fixed situations where the Destroyer’s body and turrets would reappear after being destroyed

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Kett Anointed
Players can no longer avoid damage by standing up against a firing anointed

gently caress

Also it's annoying how the cobra rpg will only kill destroyers half the time.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

quote:

Melee
To reduce the effectiveness of repeated melees against tougher enemies, player melee attacks can now be interrupted by enemy attacks.

This is a slap in the face

Bruc
May 30, 2006
They could have buffed most weapons damage by like half and they still would have been fairly weak compared to the vanquisher thank God for all these incredibly minor buffs.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So nerfed melee made weapons do like 2% more damage then buffed an enemy faction?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Everyone: All the automatic guns except the Charger are useless.
Bioware: We've buffed the Mattock to bring it up to parity with the Avenger

lmao

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ha ha ha ha ha literally not one change to shotgun damage, but they did turn a sync attack into a sync kill and nerf melee

Good loving god

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ainsley McTree posted:

This is a slap in the face

also gently caress

Good thing I'm speccing for the novaguard.

Dick Valentine
Nov 4, 2009

:thumbsup:

It's about what I expected and I'm still surprised they're this loving stupid.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Those changes sound awful across the board except for the damage boosts, most of which still don't look like enough to make the guns decent.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

This is my fault for saying I was glad they didn't gently caress up multiplayer last night. Sorry. I'm sorry

Hactar
Aug 8, 2004

Coup de Grace
Those are pretty big damage nerfs to the Mattock, it must have been a big increase in fire rate.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
They did all the wrong things

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I like this patch because it means I'll have more time to play BotW once I beat single player.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

So I'll be playing my Switch, see ya'll next patch.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Done.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I'm okay with the faction buffs (aside from that Hydra sync kill, wtf?), but the weapon buffs are way too anemic. Vanq will remain the only worthwile gun for the foreseeable future.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Hactar posted:

Those are pretty big damage nerfs to the Mattock, it must have been a big increase in fire rate.

The actual fire rate of the mattock was like 1/3rd of the listed fire rate. It was pretty bad.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

all the guns are still garbage lol

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The only way to level up was to punch things so we made that harder

Outlaw could be finished with pubs so we made that harder

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Skippy McPants posted:

I'm okay with the faction buffs (aside from that Hydra sync kill, wtf?), but the weapon buffs are way too anemic. Vanq will remain the only worthwile gun for the foreseeable future.

I had my first encounter with the Vanq in the wild. I fired a whole clip of raptor ammo into a dude and killed a guy. The other guy killed like three.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 6, 2017

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
lol jesus christ bioware

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

moist turtleneck posted:

The only way to level up was to punch things so we made that harder

Outlaw could be finished with pubs so we made that harder

How else will they get people to buy Andromeda points if it's even remotely possible to get loot crates though successful missions?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Welp. I'm reminded that BioWare hates fun.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So that makes non-Asari sword melees kinda useless now huh

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lmao, laterz

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

RatHat posted:

So that makes non-Asari sword melees kinda useless now huh

Less useful. Not sure how much it'll actually impact damage. The standard melee animation is pretty fast.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I guess since multiplayer is now the endgame, which is kinda like a game's ending in 2017, Bioware had to make sure it really loving sucked.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Welp time to never play this poo poo game again, hello Persona 5

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Honestly, I'm not surprised by the changes. Even in ME3 they never really made big sweeping changes, just small ones on a weekly basis.

At the same time, I don't really have any issues with the current balance now, overall. The semi-auto rifles sucked, but hopefully the ROF changes fixes that. The automatic rifles were fine. Shotguns were the weapon I thought lacking.

Then again, I pretty much exclusively play the soldiers and the sentinels.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
At least they didn't nerf the vanquisher??

Hopefully the stability changes they mentioned in the earlier general notes actually work.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Melee nerf and no buffs for shotguns?

WHY DO YOU HATE FUN?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
I like the Adhi change.

Everything else is extremely questionable; why would you add another sync kill?!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Monolith. posted:

I like the Adhi change.

Everything else is extremely questionable; why would you add another sync kill?!

The sync kill was there before, it just wasn't 100% lethal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
If my interest in MEA MP was a line graph it just went down so hard it went backwards.

• Locked thread