Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Beet Wagon posted:

lmao someone is extremely close to seeing the forest instead of the trees. CIG better send that dude some sweet screenshots quick before he realizes they're trying to cater to regular people and insane life-replacement sim people at the same time and it won't work. I love that every time they gently caress up they redouble their efforts but in some completely lateral move like making a discord clone instead of making their game, because they know they can't actually do the second one. Stoked for Star Citizen brand tv-sets and poo poo, tbh.

I'm hyped for the Saitek MadCatz Logitech Star Citizen HOTAS, the BDSHOTASE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Did someone ask for a boring spergy space man space simulator in space? That's actually out right now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaTHjUMuLKg

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Beet Wagon posted:

lmao someone is extremely close to seeing the forest instead of the trees. CIG better send that dude some sweet screenshots quick before he realizes they're trying to cater to regular people and insane life-replacement sim people at the same time and it won't work. I love that every time they gently caress up they redouble their efforts but in some completely lateral move like making a discord clone instead of making their game, because they know they can't actually do the second one. Stoked for Star Citizen brand tv-sets and poo poo, tbh.

I can think of like two times in my life I've ever had a game with proximity-based VOIP and it was at best a mediocre gimmick, I'm not sure why people are so excited about it.

The spies vs mercs mode of that one splinter cell game is the only time I think it was worth bothering with. As the spies, being able to whisper in the mercs ear as you choked him out was pretty great.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Fil5000 posted:

The spies vs mercs mode of that one splinter cell game is the only time I think it was worth bothering with. As the spies, being able to whisper in the mercs ear as you choked him out was pretty great.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory was actually one of the ones I was thinking about lmao

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

KEYNUMPAD SUPREMACY

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
ummmmmmmmmmmmm hello I guess

quote:

Nothing Derek is saying is true. I know this account is made up of multiple people trolling Derek and Reddit at the same time but come on guys. Really. You spooned him too much crack this time.

There's no investigation. Tony Z and all the executives you continue to claim are gone are still here. I talk to them daily. I get there's some laughs to be had but this account used to be at least somewhat accurate. Did all the crying little boys stop writing in because they couldn't handle the stress of real development? Look how wrong you idiots have been lately. How anyone buys your garbage at this point I don't know.

Beta is where a lot of the systems we have will start coming online - albeit in their first, smaller iterations. It's this year 100%. Cargo, mining, bounty hunting is in right now. Playable and testable with our internal QA. Not only that but we have several ships done and ready for release far ahead of schedule. Some of the systems - like CIC - are still in their infancy but are being worked on. Every piece of gameplay has to fit into a near infinite puzzle.

Next month Chris will be a lot more open with the schedule. The realistic schedule. It's still a long road ahead - no doubt about it. The backers will see important progress this year, with both Squadron 42 and the Star Citizen Beta. They know that even if it takes years we will do it right.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Next Month.

Its always next month.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Did someone ask for a boring spergy space man space simulator in space? That's actually out right now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaTHjUMuLKg

I'll see your Hellion and raise you Rogue System - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4jTLNabT94

MarcusSA posted:

Next Month.

"Next month Chris will be a lot more open with the schedule. The realistic schedule. It's still a long road ahead - no doubt about it. The backers will see important progress this year, with both Squadron 42 and the Star Citizen Beta. They know that even if it takes years we will do it right."

Years.

Years.

Community is going for 3-4 years at the moment.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
what happens when the ELE and 3.0 being released as advertised collides?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Star Citizen: A Near-Infinite Puzzle

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Hav posted:

I'll see your Hellion and raise you Rogue System - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4jTLNabT94

"Next month Chris will be a lot more open with the schedule. The realistic schedule. It's still a long road ahead - no doubt about it. The backers will see important progress this year, with both Squadron 42 and the Star Citizen Beta. They know that even if it takes years we will do it right."

Years.

Years.

Community is going for 3-4 years at the moment.

Crobberts knows he is a damned liar and always has been. If his KS campaign told everyone they would need a decade + to make this game he would not have made a fraction of the sperg lottery he was given. I think what really grinds the nerves is that Chris acts like he actually earned that money.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

TheAgent posted:

That reads very like Sandi's e-mails to beer.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Star Citizen is like a Mandelbrot set of stupid, whatever aspect of it you zoom in to examine is exactly as stupid as the whole thing.

:insert appropriate appreciative smily:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
are you guys writing to me now

quote:

Listen "Agent" otr "Derek" should I say? (We tracked that IP address to Florida exact same area as Derek so we know who you really are) You keep your agenda and we will keep speaking the TRUTH, ie.. the TRUTH about YOU the TRUTH about YOUR SCAM the TRUTH about YOUR WIFE the TRUTH about YOUR FAILED LIFE the TRUTH about YOU DEREK SMART FAILURE!

T - TRUST
R - RESPONSE
U - US
T- THINK
H - HELP

THATS what we do. Every live from you we back up with the TRUTH. REMEMBER THIS

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Please don't post from my manifesto

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

What the heck?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheAgent posted:

lol

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheAgent posted:

normal and sane imo

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

TheAgent posted:

lol 2.6.3

just lol

I wrote about this several pages back. I am The Agent now!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

quote:

TheAgent (n): An elite hive mind of trolls lead by Derek Smart.
that's a loving tight compliment right there

mods please change my name to an elite hive mind of trolls tia

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

TIL Derek is the only person in Florida.

quarkman
Feb 7, 2006

I'ma fucking KILL you Spuds Mackenzie
I'm still about 20 pages back catching up (great stuff around the 2.6.2 patch and the ridiculous logo wars), but thanks very much to the person who mentioned the filter for blocking that garbage green color. Lol that FYAD is still this jealous about our dead gay game thread

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

that's a loving tight compliment right there

mods please change my name to an elite hive mind of trolls tia

So you're a collection of goons led by Derek that exists to troll Derek? Seems reasonable.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm tracking your IPs

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sunswipe posted:

TIL Derek is the only person in Florida.

I actually no poo poo live in the same part of florida too lol

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

"Several ships done and ready for release way ahead of schedule"

Dude, I hate to break it to you, but everything is way behind schedule even if it releases tomorrow

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

I'm tracking your IPs

Good luck, I'm behind seven proxies. :smug:

Sorry, not proxies, chins.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Of course you live where Derek lives... BECAUSE YOU ARE DEREK.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

i feel that somewhere out there is a basement, wallpapered with pages torn from a bible wing commander manual, and those words are scrawled across every available surface

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sunswipe posted:

I'm hacking your gibsons, I'm seeing results

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TrustmeImLegit posted:

My initial IP hacking can confirm this, I'm running more numbers but so far this seems correct

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I've printed the results out and I can now confirm we are posting on somethingwaful dot com

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'll be off grid for a while, I need to transfer some moneys to a very important contact I made recently via electronic mail

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

I've printed the results out and I can now confirm we are posting on somethingwaful dot com

:monocle:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sunswipe posted:

Nice try goon. Your IP is 127.0.0.1

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Just saw some pics of this chick getting tickled, can confirm I am heterosexual.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

TheAgent posted:

"Officer, I'm scared. They sent me another threatening acrostic!"

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
And I think Beet lives vaguely near me too. Is there a tyler durden thing going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

Nice try goon. Your IP is 127.0.0.1

Not according to my trace routes it isn't