Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
h

shiksa posted:

hey dont tell him that man

he told them that, obvz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Chunky Salsa posted:

I just got here how dead are we?

same as always, which is to say, extremely

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

u dun hosed up mitch

https://twitter.com/jonward11/status/850042865485008897

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

No surprise there. Obama was still using the aumf from Afghanistan.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Office Pig posted:

people here seem pretty angry with the senate democrats beyond the usual suspects (manchin and so forth) and I'm not entirely sure the precise reasons for why

They're all a bunch of baby bitches

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

mr president it seems that motor torpedo boats have attacked some of our ships in the gulf of tonkin *wink wink*

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Chunky Salsa posted:

extrememly. you will not enjoy it. it will not be quick.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Update:

The Scorpio "Reveal" was so lovely and info free that even the dedicated Laugh At Xbox thread can't be arsed into laughing much about it

Hearthstone let me buy 30 packs of cards, kicked me out before I could open them and now it won't let me load the game at all

And lol nothing matters

bonus: and the supreme court is hosed for the rest of my life probably

is the new hs good

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

sexpig by night posted:

Jared got called a cuck jew (I'm sorry 'globalist') by Bannon

Who could have guessed that having two of the most powerful people in the West Wing being the President's Orthodox Jewish son-in-law and Alcoholic Geobbels could lead to such tension?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

- "smart" people, October 2016

Lmao "smart people" think that you can't turn back the clock on progress.

We just need to wait for them to die and then their poo poo head kids will vote Democrat somehow even though their schools are now all public private Christian charter schools? Lmao

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
whats up with the dipshits whining about senate democrats in this situation, they opposed this to the literal fullest extent possible

even manchin voted to keep the 60 vote threshold

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Chunky Salsa posted:

lets check

http://isdeathcertain.com/

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Perfectly Safe posted:

Strategically it would be an incredibly bad move, and I think they know it. As far as I'm aware, Rs are still in the same position as they were before the election - their base is shrinking, and they appear to be trying to shrink it further by either championing legislation that appears designed to kill off their core constituents, and passing legislation/removing regulations that will lead to the deaths of their core constituents. At the same time, there are tons of bubbles around the GOP that are under strain at the moment - not least of which is the conservative news bubble.

What I'm saying (and, for all the lol nothing matters posters, this isn't a prediction) is that their prospects are in the direction of their becoming a persistent minority party until they can reinvent themselves. They need the legislative filibuster more than the dems do.

Yeah, without the gerrymandering, they're facing an upward battle to maintain power. The only times they've gotten someone into the Executive over the course of three administrations is by a fluke in the Electoral College followed by a war on made-up reasons.

But let's see where this goes. I think the only thing we can really count on is if the Democrats regain power in the future there might not be anything they can do to fix the problems we have. Obama didn't even get a good chance to resolve the problems posed by Dubya. What do you think anybody coming after Trump will have the chance to fix? And with the rage in the Democratic Party, who really wants to spend the time fixing something that the hillbillies that will benefit the most from it will just flush in the future anyway?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Agean90 posted:

extrememly. you will not enjoy it. it will not be quick.

as long as i can stare into the face of a regretful trump voter as we die of radiation poisoning i will still enjoy it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Also we're technically still at war with korea so we dont need an aumf for that. Everything s coming up TRUMP

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i think china's president might be more high maintenance than ours

https://twitter.com/kristindonnelly/status/850042127019114496

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Squizzle posted:

You've shown interest in Ed Balls.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Also we're technically still at war with korea so we dont need an aumf for that. Everything s coming up TRUMP

i can't wait for trump to accidentally nuke seoul because he doesn't know poo poo about korea

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

financially racist posted:

as long as i can stare into the face of a regretful trump voter as we die of radiation poisoning i will still enjoy it

lol if u aint killen every truck voter u see once the bombs drop and the law melts away

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

shiksa posted:

to be fair if I was him I'd feel there's fair odds I'd end up owning Maralago by the end of these 'talks' too considering how Trump's recent 'deals' have gone.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Office Pig posted:

people here seem pretty angry with the senate democrats beyond the usual suspects (manchin and so forth) and I'm not entirely sure the precise reasons for why

They want the Democrats to run in with canes and beat the Republican senators

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

*congressional backroom*

uh guys, let's just tell some press folks that donnie probably doesn't need congressional authorization to unilaterally strike syria

whoa, if we do that, he's liable to do something completely moronic at a delusional whim

who has the number for ABC news?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

shiksa posted:

Gotta have space for all the bugs mar a lago is soon to be covered with

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Not available without a male doctor's prescription in 40 states

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol if we're gonna kill some sirans just so trump can be like "lol i killed some sirians when obama didn't"

no plan at all, just trump.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/850037953955065857

I hope all those kids that don't even remember 9/11 are ready for some action in Middle East Forever War part 3!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Consummate Professional posted:

Gotta have space for all the bugs mar a lago is soon to be covered with

lololol "soon"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Venuz Patrol posted:

whats up with the dipshits whining about senate democrats in this situation, they opposed this to the literal fullest extent possible

even manchin voted to keep the 60 vote threshold

if you arent complaining about democrats being worthless, youre likely not a democrat

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/TomPerez/status/850044496998019072

Gorsuch should only get 3 5ths a vote imo.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

shiksa posted:

well, he has to get used to being the adult in the global war room somehow

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Hypha posted:

Democracy was a mistake.

Now watch this speedrun

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Office Pig posted:

dems bad

republications bad

everyone bad

nothing matters

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i hope trump pisses off xi so much that xi just destroys our trade relations immediately

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
saw thread title and hoped/worried my faith in SS-18's cleansing fire was ironically coming to pass in canned sunshine rapture.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i hope good things happen rather than bad things

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Former Everything posted:

*congressional backroom*

uh guys, let's just tell some press folks that donnie probably doesn't need congressional authorization to unilaterally strike syria

whoa, if we do that, he's liable to do something completely moronic at a delusional whim

who has the number for ABC news?

yea if there's one things the republicans don't want it's a war in Syria!!!!

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Yeah, without the gerrymandering, they're facing an upward battle to maintain power. The only times they've gotten someone into the Executive over the course of three administrations is by a fluke in the Electoral College followed by a war on made-up reasons.

But let's see where this goes. I think the only thing we can really count on is if the Democrats regain power in the future there might not be anything they can do to fix the problems we have. Obama didn't even get a good chance to resolve the problems posed by Dubya. What do you think anybody coming after Trump will have the chance to fix? And with the rage in the Democratic Party, who really wants to spend the time fixing something that the hillbillies that will benefit the most from it will just flush in the future anyway?

Well sure. These are serious and real questions which will benefit from introspection on the part of the country and politicians both. I am cautiously optimistic about this, but the situation is extremely volatile and we'll have to see what transpires. But I was simply expressing part of why I think it's unlikely that the Rs will nuke the legislative filibuster. It wasn't and isn't an argument for how everything will be ok in the end.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

fits my needs posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/850037953955065857

I hope all those kids that don't even remember 9/11 are ready for some action in Middle East Forever War part 3!

WHAT IN THE gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Office Pig posted:

lol can't tell if this is irony posting or not

• Locked thread