Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
why yes I would love a box full of hundreds of discreet messages that all look the same to me but are incredibly important to the person sending it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

logikv9 posted:

why yes I would love a box full of hundreds of discreet messages that all look the same to me but are incredibly important to the person sending it

no email is important

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

logikv9 posted:

yes, they are extremely sneaky

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

logikv9 posted:

Pretty brave of you to come out as illiterate there.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
and outlook as this "clutter" function which increased my "did you get the thing I sent you" factor by 5

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

logikv9 posted:

*turns on receipts*

*does not remove broken image from signature*

*uses three different fonts and text colors per email*

*is literally Satan incarnate*

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

logikv9 posted:

and outlook as this "clutter" function which increased my "did you get the thing I sent you" factor by 5

automatically request read receipts and reply to everything with 'ok'

people will stop talking to u

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

logikv9 posted:

i love that, it's like an extra spam filter that wants something to do after the regular one is done so it throws away important emails

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
a Don is dead and I'm sad now

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its apparently an Old Office Person thing to end sentences with ellipses for no reason and i hate it because it makes them sound like theyre side-eyeing me

"hey heres the draft of the cover letter, let me know what you think"

"okay..."

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

no i'd rather be a smug liberal looking down my nose at anybody that didnt like the yass queen

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Shear Modulus posted:

Here's a good writer's book review of a bad book about Hilary Clinton.

https://twitter.com/onesarahjones/status/849646723848749056

quote:

Bordo’s objection seems to be that anyone opposed Clinton at all, even from the left. What she does not grasp—and is seemingly not interested in grasping—is that Clinton’s critics from the left were not opposing a caricature of her as some kind of right-wing political operator. We opposed Clinton-the-hawk and Clinton-the-means-tester. Our objection was about politics, not personality. Similarly, we do not reject the feminism of Bordo and Clinton because of its ideological rigidity, as Bordo suggests. We reject it because it is insufficient. America was not “already great.” Our lives are proof.

Probably could replace this subforum with a link to that paragraph TBH.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Bordo’s objection seems to be that anyone opposed Clinton at all, even from the left. What she does not grasp—and is seemingly not interested in grasping—is that Clinton’s critics from the left were not opposing a caricature of her as some kind of right-wing political operator.

That explains why Sandernistas couldn't stop sharing Breitbart articles for a 6 month period

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
hillary defense force roll out!!!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

zegermans posted:

That explains why Sandernistas couldn't stop sharing Breitbart articles for a 6 month period

ah yes, a thing that absolutely happened

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

zegermans posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Darkman Fanpage posted:

hillary defense force roll out!!!

*slams hillary pog into belt buckle*

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

zegermans posted:

lol I see our zegermans is almost up to full power again

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

zegermans posted:

Been at the ether again, I see.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Perhaps not on this forum, but it was quite the Thing over on the reddit politics section and other internet armpits

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
It's me, I'm the perfidious brother of st bernard of sanders. Have an infowar, comrades.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
rip frekles, read reddit and brain died

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

zegermans posted:

Perhaps not on this forum, but it was quite the Thing over on the reddit politics section and other internet armpits

at hillaryis44 they talk about how Obama is a muslim, can't believe hillarymen are such disgusting racists

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

comingafteryouall posted:

at hillaryis44 they talk about how Obama is a muslim, can't believe hillarymen are such disgusting racists

You can't really compare dead dumb gay forums like this one or Hi44 to things like reddit and twitter in terms of being able to gauge the sentiment of their userbase.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

zegermans posted:

You can't really compare dead dumb gay forums like this one or Hi44 to things like reddit and twitter in terms of being able to gauge the sentiment of their userbase.

lmao stfu

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Bernie's rhetoric has been very important to me in my formative years. He taught me it's okay to be weird and also to harass women online.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pollyanna posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?

He's doing the ol' standard Zegerman

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i was really shocked to find that all bernie supporters were credited members of run the jewels

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Lying down to sleep I mutter "there are only two genders", quoting Great Leader Sanders. I then dream of dismantling the obama coalition, tossing and swatting away at field mice nesting in my straw-filled body.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's insane to me that America still supports Bernie Sanders after he said that he would, and I quote, "kick the Jew banks right in the oval office."

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
What's keeping u from calling for open revolt in the streets?

Me, I don't want to get assassinated by the fbi

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

reddit during the election was 95% correct the record shills and nazi and russian trolls

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Probably could replace this subforum with a link to that paragraph TBH.

That's great but the reason why she lost and Bernie or Biden would have won is because they can talk like humans and aren't creepy not because she wasn't left enough, as much as I would prefer that.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol that book review linked to this: https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2016/11/21/how-millennials-voted/

50% of millennials voted, compared to national average turnout of 58%

yeah "young people don't vote at all" :jerkbag:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol that book review linked to this: https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2016/11/21/how-millennials-voted/

They don't

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Voting is overrated, I'm all about coups now

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

logikv9 posted:

Voting is overrated, I'm all about coups now

You were always about cucks

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

weird how other millenials found time to vote. I was way too busy posting breitbart articles on Bernie's reddit to vote for Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bip Roberts posted:

That's great but the reason why she lost and Bernie or Biden would have won is because they can talk like humans and aren't creepy not because she wasn't left enough, as much as I would prefer that.

That's very true but misleading because her opponent was Trump, so she was already on extra easy mode. I say it is misleading because of how terrible the dems have done downticket and in state/local races. So the problem wasn't just Hillary but the overall message of the party. Anybody but Hillary would have beaten Trump, but that doesn't change that the Democrats have become a regional party of the Northeast plus a half dozen or so large cities elsewhere.

• Locked thread