Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
They actually added a new class but didn't tell anyone.

Salarian Architect. Remnant VI, Barricade, Incinerate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Apparently they added a new class

https://gyazo.com/9e5de05118ef7aa37a4350e8807a2773

that is such a weird suite of powers

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those are about what's expected from a first patch.

Just that it should have been last week, and something a bit more substantial today.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm waiting for a pet class. Remnant VI, Turret, Shield Boost. Of course it'll be awful but still.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Telemetry shows player population dropoffs after the patch...

The patch inconsequentially buffed a single one of the shotguns in a meaningless way...

Clearly we need to nerf shotguns to bring everyone back!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
So now it looks like sniper rifles are the only viable things now, depending on how shitted up they made melee.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
How the gently caress was this team so bad at copy pasting ME3MP

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Bioware is garbage, how did they gently caress this up so bad?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Zakmonster posted:

Honestly, I'm not surprised by the changes. Even in ME3 they never really made big sweeping changes, just small ones on a weekly basis.

At the same time, I don't really have any issues with the current balance now, overall. The semi-auto rifles sucked, but hopefully the ROF changes fixes that. The automatic rifles were fine. Shotguns were the weapon I thought lacking.

Then again, I pretty much exclusively play the soldiers and the sentinels.

Look at this garbage

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Well our game has been getting shellacked in reviews and everybody has complained that the MP is a buggy piece of junk, let's throw the players a bone here and make everything actively worse.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Guys we understand your problems with multiplayer and we have a patch coming out to fix these issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zakmonster posted:

Honestly, I'm not surprised by the changes. Even in ME3 they never really made big sweeping changes, just small ones on a weekly basis.

Yeah before everyone panics and does the "I'm on fire" dance, remember that ME3MP did balance changes on a weekly/semi-weekly basis. They obviously didn't want to overcompensate in their first balance change.

They did give the Halberd enough of a damage boost to be useful. Lowering the Mattock's damage and increasing its ROF is a slap in the face to console players who are using the default control scheme though because good luck "clicking" R2 fast, sorry about your carpal tunnel.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Almost every change in the ME3 multiplayer improved the weapons and classes to the benefit of the player. It's almost like the team then knew their little MP mode wasn't some super elite grindy thing and just tried to put more cool things into the game.

Seriously read the ME3 changelogs and they're 99% "increased damage of X" while only nerfing the really obvious exploits.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

precision posted:

Yeah before everyone panics and does the "I'm on fire" dance, remember that ME3MP did balance changes on a weekly/semi-weekly basis. They obviously didn't want to overcompensate in their first balance change.

But the problem was they made really fun guns before they got nerfed, and even then it wasn't to bury the gun. Lest we forget: RIP MP Beta Falcon, RIP Krysae on every class, RIP 8 round mag Piranha, RIP Paladin completely making the Carnifex obsolete...

quote:

They did give the Halberd enough of a damage boost to be useful. Lowering the Mattock's damage and increasing its ROF is a slap in the face to console players who are using the default control scheme though because good luck "clicking" R2 fast, sorry about your carpal tunnel.

Can't you guys rebind it to the mouse wheel like in ME3 and get a makeshift Cerb Harrier?

Orv
May 4, 2011

precision posted:

You and whomever else are posting these "They have to make small updates to give things a chance to settle" posts are missing the point so badly it can't even be called collateral damage.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Orv posted:

You and whomever else are posting these "They have to make small updates to give things a chance to settle" posts are missing the point so badly it can't even be called collateral damage.

I'm just looking for the silver lining. I don''t disagree that today was disappointing, but I don't see it as the "welp I'm done with this game" point either.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

precision posted:

They did give the Halberd enough of a damage boost to be useful.

Hmm yes

https://gfycat.com/FamiliarSereneHarpyeagle

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

tribbledirigible posted:

Can't you guys rebind it to the mouse wheel like in ME3 and get a makeshift Cerb Harrier?

I've... never tried using my mouse with our PS4, but I suspect the answer is "no"

I've got Oldschool Button Assignments on though, so L1 is aim/hover and R1 is fire, and L2/R2 for powers like God intended. Still mad I can't switch the bindings for "Triangle" and "R2+L2" though, hitting Triangle in mid-firefight is a lot less of a crapshoot than "I hope I press both buttons at the same time so the game doesn't think I'm trying to hit one or the other"

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
My PS Plus subscription ran out yesterday as well :ughh:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I went from waiting for this patch to... probably waiting for another patch. At least I have plenty of games to play. So with the melee nerf I guess they just want everyone using a sniper rifle?

For anyone planning on continuing to play this, I am curious to know if the stability got any better. The crashes were so infuriating.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Oh see your problem is that you are shooting him in the head and he is wearing a helmet. :v:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

CapnBry posted:

Oh see your problem is that you are shooting him in the head and he is wearing a helmet. :v:

If I'm reading you right, it should be crotch shots all the time?

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
The salarian gimp is quite cool actually

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Houdini posted:

The salarian gimp is quite cool actually

Remnant VI is meh but it's cool that another character has Barricade, which right now might be "least used good power in the game".

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

tribbledirigible posted:

If I'm reading you right, it should be crotch shots all the time?

Based on my experience, this will more reliably get you crits than aiming for the head.

Three bullets right between a raider's eyes? Better work on your aim there. Nail her right in the elbow? Looks like a headshot to me!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'll add those patch notes to the first posts for what it's worth. They read more like notes from playtesting for fucks sake. Not to mention they show bioware have no understanding of what made 3 good.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Pounded in the Butt by Another MAss Effect Game

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014
Just tried a silver run. My Mattock VI with level 4 (ultra rare!!) incendiary ammo and level 3 (+30%) ar booster still takes 20ish shots to kill a single Chosen.
I am done. I am so loving done.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Is bronze still fun at least

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

precision posted:

Remnant VI is meh but it's cool that another character has Barricade, which right now might be "least used good power in the game".
Well, the new melee critters have basically been added to punish sitting in cover for too long ME3 style, ( gently caress Wraiths and Adhi so drat hard ) so it's kind of counter to the new tempo the game is trying to set.

Definitely would've been better as a personal buff or another armour power. Still only applying when in cover, but it would give you a better choice of where and when, as well as keeping you mobile and making it less situational.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is bronze still fun at least

Yeah because it's all the devs tested on. You'll just be getting less money. So do you want to have fun or do you want to get money? Based on an estimated ultra rare rate of 25% from expert packs and 180 unique instances of ultra rare items, you'll just need 72 million credits to max out everything, or 7.2 thousand bronze games where everyone makes it to the extraction! Up and at em, tiger!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Having 2 or 3 people with Barricade can make Objective Waves a lot easier, especially Wave 6 Upload.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Two Finger posted:

I'll add those patch notes to the first posts for what it's worth. They read more like notes from playtesting for fucks sake. Not to mention they show bioware have no understanding of what made 3 good.
Well the devs on the 1P side also don't understand any of what made ME2 one of the best games ever so at least they're consistent. But hey OPEN WORLD

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

ME3 MP balance changes ran the gamut from 'Holy poo poo what were they thinking' to 'Yes this is reasonable and good' but people seem to have diminished the level of dumbshit they went to on Me3 MP because, in the end, it all settled out OK

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

chesnok posted:

Just tried a silver run. My Mattock VI with level 4 (ultra rare!!) incendiary ammo and level 3 (+30%) ar booster still takes 20ish shots to kill a single Chosen.
I am done. I am so loving done.

lol, just lol

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Additional notes:

Stealth Grid

Fixed an issue that caused Stealth Grid to deactivate immediately after being used.

Biotic Ascension

Fixed an issue that prevented the Kineticist from gaining Biotic Ascension charges when not the host of the match.

Vanquisher

Fixed a bug that caused the Vanquisher to have an extra 100% headshot bonus

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

precision posted:

Having 2 or 3 people with Barricade can make Objective Waves a lot easier, especially Wave 6 Upload.

Considering how bad the soft cover system is I figured Barricade would suck but then I played Sentinel and surprise it's great.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Relentless posted:

Vanquisher

lol that explains quite a bit

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Relentless posted:

Vanquisher

Well okay then, that's fair. I guess all the guns suck equally now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Relentless posted:

Additional notes:

Vanquisher

No fuckin way

• Locked thread