Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
How do Chem trail people get around the fact of them breathing in chem trails for years but they are not only fine but aware of the chem trail conspiracy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

What if it's the chemtrail vapours that are causing their paranoid delusions, though, and it's just the rest of us that are unaffected? :tinfoil:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The_Rob posted:

How do Chem trail people get around the fact of them breathing in chem trails for years but they are not only fine but aware of the chem trail conspiracy?
every headache they get and every time they feel tired and every time their kid misbehaves or has autism or ADHD is because of chemtrails

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
So, same as for the gangstalking victims.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chemtrails ARE gangstalking

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Ron Jeremy posted:

Might I suggest going a different direction with your facial hair?

No hitler stache here thankfully

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

THC posted:

every headache they get and every time they feel tired and every time their kid misbehaves or has autism or ADHD is because of chemtrails

notice how you never heard of chronic fatigue syndrome or myasthenia gravis or morgellons before chemtrails were all over the sky

makes you think

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
when did the 'conservatives get stuck in elevators' joke start on chapo

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

sexpig by night posted:

when did the 'conservatives get stuck in elevators' joke start on chapo

last year.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I dunno how many other people listen, but injust discovered the Jacobin podcast and it's in the same sphere of politics and culture as chapo. Minus the irony. They've had Matt Brunig and Adam Curtis on recently.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ron Jeremy posted:

I dunno how many other people listen, but injust discovered the Jacobin podcast and it's in the same sphere of politics and culture as chapo. Minus the irony. They've had Matt Brunig and Adam Curtis on recently.

Their interview with Kool AD is really good.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Killer Robot Growing a Flower would be a good username.

Also thread title: Rational Actors in a Broken Machine That Turns People into Blood

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Apr 7, 2017

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/850167785988739072

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Ron Jeremy posted:

Also thread title: Rational Actors in a Broken Machine That Turns People into Blood
Between now and tomorrow when a mod changes it Nine Inch Nails will have already dropped an album by that name

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/sonaralee/status/850153050669019136

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/850198993086763009

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Yessss cum for me Brian cum loud for your pretty pretty missiles nasty boy

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

On a lighter note holy gently caress ppg's username origin

https://twitter.com/RowanKaiser/status/850287525536997377

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I always thought PPG's username origin related to the presumed Trump tape.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

What is the Chapo-sanctioned response to the Syrian gas attacks? Not get involved at all?

Neon Belly fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 7, 2017

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Neon Belly posted:

What is the Chapo-sanctioned response to the Syrian gas attacks? Not get involved at all?

"Lol @ Erdogan "

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
man it's loving terrifying when the centrist political and media machines start winding up for war mode, I don't have anything nuanced to say, but I've got a really loving bad feeling about this

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Neon Belly posted:

Military intervention is a proven losing tactic, and especially when exercised by American hands, will at best lead to the extension of their imperial reach and generally a continuation of the regime apparatus if not Assad himself, and at worst will create the kind of instability which gives groups like ISIL an opportunity to seize ground.

Beyond that, I'm not so sure myself. Condemning Assad is a correct thing to do, but obviously it is insufficient. It is unclear to me how effective economic sanctions are in situations like these, but I know in at least some cases, they can lead to the population itself suffering worse, i.e. Madeleine Albright and the starving kids in Iraq. Providing vocal support for populist insurgency against Assad is also correct but insufficient. Providing material support to them has complications of its own, as it still becomes an exercise in imperialism, and the US has a long history of picking the wrong people to give material support to in foreign civil conflicts.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Opening our borders to refugees would be a start.

Serf
May 5, 2011

just keep out of it. this has never gone well and never will

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

the US likes to argue its military actions in the middle east are somehow humanitarian, but if that were true, they'd be taking in refugees, not bombing the country they're trying to live in

if the issue is attacks on civilians, the solution is to give those civilians a safe place to go

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Oh yes, how silly of me! Of course any leftist (dirtbag or otherwise) should be opposed to closed borders in any case, but offering specific aid to people trying to flee Syria is definitely a response to, "What should we be doing?"

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

i don't understand the point anyone here is trying to make

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

little munchkin posted:

the point is that liberals are stupid assholes and they say tragically funny poo poo because they're stupid assholes

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

little munchkin posted:

Samantha Bee is saying Hillary Clinton is smart and good nerd, like her favorite character.

@FakeEmily is saying that Hillary is royal and fierce, like her favorite character - not like Bee's favorite character. Her interpreteation of Hillary Clinton is more noble and powerful, not diminutive and sweet.

@sonaralee is saying that she wants to die, like we all do. like we must.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Amateur analysis hour I did yesterday (before the bombs started) looked like this:

- The US sells guns to the Saudis
- Who then funnels them to IS
- While the USAF provides support for the Kurdish SDF (YPG/J)
- Meanwhile Russia makes sure that their client doesn't get brutally owned
- And Erdogan/Turkey-as-a-whole has literally no good options

Assad and Erdogan have been in a holding pattern until either Russia or the US makes/made a move. The only one who comes out of this with a net geopolitical gain are the Saudis while the US gets involved with another land war in the Middle East for regime change purposes.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

little munchkin posted:

Liberals are stunted half-wits who were raised by mass media and don't actually believe in anything, so they can't even consider real politics except by comparing politicians to fantasy characters.

Like can you imagine Harvard students in the 60s forming an anti-Nixon group and calling it the Fellowship of the Ring?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

I can totally imagine that

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Thanks for pushing this dork to the top of my results, Grey Wolves.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Opening our borders to refugees would be a start.

Exactly. If we move all the Syrians to the US before the war, the Americans will have a homefield advantage.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Impermanent posted:

Samantha Bee is saying Hillary Clinton is smart and good nerd, like her favorite character.

@FakeEmily is saying that Hillary is royal and fierce, like her favorite character - not like Bee's favorite character. Her interpreteation of Hillary Clinton is more noble and powerful, not diminutive and sweet.

@sonaralee is saying that she wants to die, like we all do. like we must.

ah i could not tell whether either comparison was pro or anti hillary despite reading the entire GoT series and most of Harry Potter. i guess if you think a lot about it hillary has a lot in common with Daenerys and Hermione if you project the traits of "good" and "fierce" onto all three of them and ignore everything else

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 7, 2017

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Hillary Clinton is a lot like the opening theme song to Rick and Morty because I cheer whenever I see one of them on the television

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
My favorite part of the Harry Potter series was the chapter when Hermione made a bunch of real estate deals that were sort of shady but not as shady as House Slytherin made them out to be

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
hillary clinton is like smothering your baby while the nazis search for you because she's also theoretically better than the other option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Ronald Reagan is like Hermione Granger because a lot of Republican dads have a disgusting fetish for them.