Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Linkle is a dumb name but dual crossbows are cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

SA has its problems but just the fact that it has places where you can tell a little joke and people will get it and do their own follow-up instead of going "Actually, it's spelled 'tain'." puts it above 99% of other internet places.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Palpek posted:

SA has its problems but just the fact that it has places where you can tell a little joke and people will get it and do their own follow-up instead of going "Actually, it's spelled 'tain'." puts it above 99% of other internet places.

Actually it's spelled "tane"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

I believe this was Martin Random, who coined the amazing phrase "fecal lasagna" when referring to his alleged roommate's bathtub.

Lobok posted:

I feel like this is right...? I thought his name started with H but maybe Snak's mention of HumperMonkey is influencing me.

No, these are two completely different things. Martin Random told the epic story about the worst roommate ever with the remote controlled car door lock and the fecal lasagna.

This other guy was a gimmick poster who would post new threads in GBS that seemed to be normal stories at first and then all ended with poo poo everywhere.

edit: It was "Hakan" SAclopedia entry

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I will cut you.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Palpek posted:

I will cut you.

It's pronounced sword.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Welcome to SA, the only troll-free community.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ImpAtom posted:

It's pronounced sword.

Sir, the W is silent.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

It's pronounced sword.

Boy, do I feel foolish!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Snak posted:

I miss mIRC, and I'm so glad that discord is a thing now, even though I barely use it, because it reminds me of IRC.

Discord is fantastic, just the way that it automatically parses video and image links and lets you upload files is such a huge quality of life improvement over old chat and messaging programs.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you're thinking of hakan

edit: whoops didn't refresh thread

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's right in my post.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Hakan is my favorite troll character in SSFIV AE, so that all checks out.

gently caress Cody.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

tane.us

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I started lurking SA exclusively for lps around '07-'08. Checking the LParchive, Pokecapn's Sonic 06 lp started in 08, and that was definitely in progress when I found SA. I think that was also around the time the Freelance Astronauts were playing... Oblivion, maybe? I didn't bother to join the forums because I didn't want to pay and I didn't really have anything to say. I still don't, really. It was kind of annoying whenever the paywall came up, but as long as I knew where to find my favorite lper's Google Videos (lol) or Viddler (double lol) videos, I was alright.

Also, I spent so long with the word filter that my mind automatically parses 'lovely' as a bad thing, which makes some things pretty funny to read

"This is one of my favorite recipes. These lovely little lemon poppyseed muffins are just delightful!"

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/KeitaTakahash/status/850069688860069888

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

https://twitter.com/KeitaTakahash/status/849448423761866754

Nice

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
One thing that I like about this place is that it doesn't attempt to placate morons that think that their shitposts are protected by free speech. The admins are allowed to "abuse" their power to remove problems in the community and it's all done in the daylight.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

tap my mountain posted:

One thing that I like about this place is that it doesn't attempt to placate morons that think that their shitposts are protected by free speech. The admins are allowed to "abuse" their power to remove problems in the community and it's all done in the daylight.

Reddit has ruined the internet.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Only 00s goons will get this, gently caress

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

in :2005: a guy asked me if i had stairs in my house

edit: did they get rid of the year smilies? wow. bigger shock than when :awesome: got changed

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mutata posted:

I joined for the BTB and I stayed to effort post in the old school GBS and now I avoid it like the plague.

I got into the Quake Champions beta, but I guess I can't talk about it because it's got one of those "click here to agree" ironclad NDAs, alas!

drat, lucky :(

I wanted in

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

in :2005: a guy asked me if i had stairs in my house

edit: did they get rid of the year smilies? wow. bigger shock than when :awesome: got changed

You just remembered it wrong it's :regd05:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i just notiiced 2017 kinda looks like a ps4's trapezoid if you chop off the top of the two.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

mutata posted:

I joined for the BTB and I stayed to effort post in the old school GBS and now I avoid it like the plague.

I got into the Quake Champions beta, but I guess I can't talk about it because it's got one of those "click here to agree" ironclad NDAs, alas!

please risk the death penalty and break your NDA to tell us if it's good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

popping quake dude's iconic ult

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm going to do it, I'm going to buy the flash-rear end looking Wonderboy remake.

Reminder that there's loving three of these fuckers

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

I'm going to do it, I'm going to buy the flash-rear end looking Wonderboy remake.

only one of them is the good one. choose wisely

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

One wonderboy always lies, the other only tells the truth. The last was farmed out to some random Chinese company and reading the patch notes is hilarious.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/amid-backlash-gearbox-demands-changes-from-controversial-key-reseller-g2a?utm_source=wptwitterus

Looks like Gearbox is trying to salvage what little of their reputation remains.

Real hurthling! posted:

i just notiiced 2017 kinda looks like a ps4's trapezoid if you chop off the top of the two.

Parallelogram

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Phantasium posted:

Is it a remake of the original game or of the lame ones where he's a knight.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Gosh I forgot about gently caress!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

You just remembered it wrong it's :regd05:

:regd16:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Is it a remake of the original game or of the lame ones where he's a knight.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/523810/

I like original Adventure Island, okay.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am in a Persona mood and debating whether to have katsu curry or a beef bowl for lunch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am in a Persona mood and debating whether to have katsu curry or a beef bowl for lunch.

curry like 100% of the time for me but just personal pref

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

like IRL? In all the US cities I've lived I've never been able to get those 2 readily available. It's always "chicken teriyaki"

I cannot cook

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

New york has japanese curry focused shops now. former yankee ws mvp matsui has a chain of them and there are a few others i've seen

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Lakbay posted:

like IRL? In all the US cities I've lived I've never been able to get those 2 readily available. It's always "chicken teriyaki"

I live in a boring dead end town and we had an authentic Japanese ramen place open within walking distance of my house and now it's a daily struggle to not pick up a pork tonkatsu every time I pass by. Once you have the good stuff it's hard to forget about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I am envious of both of you, I just want my authentic Japanese cuisine to appease my weabooness

• Locked thread