Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Phantasium posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/523810/

I like original Adventure Island, okay.

I'm wishlisting that just for the original being the only game I enjoyed on my Sega Master System, which my dad bought instead of a Nintendo because he's a cheapskate.

It was also better than Adventure Island because it's less bullshit hard and looks better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lakbay posted:

like IRL? In all the US cities I've lived I've never been able to get those 2 readily available. It's always "chicken teriyaki"

I cannot cook

In Los Angeles there are currently three Japanese restaurants within walking distance from me right now. And I'm not even close to the actual Little Tokyo, which has some amazing places.

I'm gonna go with the curry, those dialogues about it in Persona have pushed me in that direction :cabot: and I'm already drinking coffee, so we'll see if that combination actually works

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Infodumps about Coffee Beans whenever you make a cup in Persona 5 are the best part so far

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

tap my mountain posted:

One thing that I like about this place is that it doesn't attempt to placate morons that think that their shitposts are protected by free speech. The admins are allowed to "abuse" their power to remove problems in the community and it's all done in the daylight.

Totally. It sounds terrible on paper, especially because you pay for the privilege of posting, but is amazing in practice assuming you choose good mods. loving with people's posts, making jokes out of probations, banishing them to only certain forums, Mod Challenge bans, Toxx clauses, etc. It adds to the whole subversive quality of the place while also showing you that enforcement is done by people who are not above it all but are heavily involved with the communities. I used to be on a forum that ended up getting bought up by some weird Bro Marketing website and the moderating turned corporate and it felt so lame.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
A well made beef bowl is a portal to the delicious dimension

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/merrittk/status/849799649628172288

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
It's Mario time! Ahhaa!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
https://twitter.com/SharkticCircle/status/849467022228553728

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, its mostly journalists and weirdos now. its all political threads and graphics fights now too.

The board culture there is insanity. They have a thread about the new PS blog post where they discuss the P5 localization and the board just assumes it's in response to the thread on neogaf about the localization and not all because the game released 2 days ago.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Breath of the Wild is the one Japanese game where everybody everywhere is more than happy with there being absolutely no clothing/armor damage.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Breath of the Wild is the one Japanese game where everybody everywhere is more than happy with there being absolutely no clothing/armor damage.

Nobody has ever liked those mechanics.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Katsu curry is insanely boring food

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fridge corn posted:

its comfort food

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No armour durability means no realistic and tasteful battle damage though

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jay Rust posted:

No armour durability means no realistic and tasteful battle damage though

Rest in Peace Aya Brea

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

fridge corn posted:

It may be boring, but it's still tasty.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I regret nothing, SP up

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I have been making the boringest vegetarian curry to eat as a healthy filler while trying to cut carbs. It's like onions and tomatoes and either artichoke hearts or brussell's sprouts with coconut milk. It's pretty tasty. Obviously like, spices and such.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

I have been making the boringest vegetarian curry to eat as a healthy filler while trying to cut carbs. It's like onions and tomatoes and either artichoke hearts or brussell's sprouts with coconut milk. It's pretty tasty. Obviously like, spices and such.

how you gonna eat curry without rice tho?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Curry is good, be it Japanese, Indian, Thai, Ethiopian or other.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Curry is good, be it Japanese, Indian, Thai, Ethiopian or other.

Especially other.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
:(

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

how you gonna eat curry without rice tho?

Like soup. I bought riced cauliflower, but I haven't tried it yet. You honestly don't need that much rice with curry, and since this curry is pretty mild, as far as "heat" goes, I don't mind skipping it. I forgot I put a red bell pepper in it when I have one, but that adds not heat at all. I use a tablespoon of storebought red curry paste, add some more tumeric and cumin, as well as mustard seed and minced garlic. It comes out like a pretty mild yellow curry.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nah bro i didnt hear that.

Nah

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lobok posted:

Especially other.

oh poo poo I have to post this again oh no how terrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm only 12 hours in but man Persona 5 has so many QOL improvements over 4 and the presentation is top notch. Seamless transition in and out of battles, fast travel from anywhere to anywhere, etc. It's so good!!!!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I really wish Persona 5 was on PC, I was too bored with 3 to make it more than a few months in but I really just want to throw money at Atlus to spite all the Twitter crybabies.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Borrow a ps3

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Guy Mann posted:

I really wish Persona 5 was on PC, I was too bored with 3 to make it more than a few months in but I really just want to throw money at Atlus to spite all the Twitter crybabies.

What are people throwing a fit over now?! The streaming thing? Because that's a valid complaint. But it's probably something else and awful, isn't it?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

precision posted:

What are people throwing a fit over now?! The streaming thing? Because that's a valid complaint. But it's probably something else and awful, isn't it?

It's possible Guy Mann is insane and still thinks the mild crticism of the translation job I posted earlier counts as being a crybaby in his mind.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

precision posted:

It's the streaming thing, yeah

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ImpAtom posted:

It's the streaming thing, yeah

When I went to play some earlier today, I saw that 7 people were "streaming the game", so I went to look and all of them were, apparently without knowing it, streaming the "no streaming" screen :newlol:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

precision posted:

When I went to play some earlier today, I saw that 7 people were "streaming the game", so I went to look and all of them were, apparently without knowing it, streaming the "no streaming" screen :newlol:

That's kind of great.

Did Atlus even say why they're not letting people stream the game? It seems very odd in this day and age.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Beat Specter Knight, yay

But now I'm bored again, boo :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Guy Mann posted:

Sorry about your broken brain that causes you to spend money out of spite.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I can't imagine watching someone play a persona streamed since you can't necessarily always watch when they're playing, nor can you pick which s links they pursue, so it seems it's all around a weird way to experience the game.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Guy Mann posted:

Support the anime cause by buying nier

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

That's kind of great.

Did Atlus even say why they're not letting people stream the game? It seems very odd in this day and age.

They claimed it was because of spoilers. Seriously.

http://atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I can't imagine watching someone play a persona streamed since you can't necessarily always watch when they're playing, nor can you pick which s links they pursue, so it seems it's all around a weird way to experience the game.

Living vicariously through a streamer seems absolutely insane even if you have no money or friends and infinite free time, but there are millions of people out there who think otherwise.

• Locked thread