Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

spectralent posted:

I thought DOTF was Muslim and Christian only, so surely that's basically just the Shia?

yeah I meant Christian/Muslim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Alikchi posted:

Thank you - it's so cool to see this! I just pushed out a final 1.19/pre-MoH update adding four new Christian remnant states and fixing some localization and other stuff.
I don't think the Sami were Christianized yet at the start date

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Elotana posted:

I don't think the Sami were Christianized yet at the start date

You're right! I need to put together a religion for them, Animist is too boring.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Just got my pre-order Mandate of Heaven key from the Paradox store; looks like they're staggering the release with Stellaris at 3pm and EU4 at 5pm (CEST).

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

canepazzo posted:

Just got my pre-order Mandate of Heaven key from the Paradox store; looks like they're staggering the release with Stellaris at 3pm and EU4 at 5pm (CEST).

Yes - Stellaris: Utopia went live around 90 minutes ago, EU4: Mandate of Heaven will go live in around 30 minutes.

They're currently streaming some new features: https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Just in case you need more reasons to buy off the Paradox store instead of on Steam, RoM and Leviathans are both at 1/3 off on the Paradox store, in case you aren't all the way up to date on DLC.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

RabidWeasel posted:

Just in case you need more reasons to buy off the Paradox store instead of on Steam, RoM and Leviathans are both at 1/3 off on the Paradox store, in case you aren't all the way up to date on DLC.

All of the Europa DLC has been on sale all week on the Paradox store

Has anyone compiled the differences in free content vs content only available with the DLC or is that something only likely to come out once the community has dug into it? If the QoL and UI changes are free I don't think I care enough about China to get this one at full price

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
I think diplomatic macros are a paid feature

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you're playing as the Shogun, don't be fooled by the -500% liberty desire from the Expel Ronin decision. It's actually only -5%.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Fister Roboto posted:

If you're playing as the Shogun, don't be fooled by the -500% liberty desire from the Expel Ronin decision. It's actually only -5%.

yeah it's in yen

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Fullhouse posted:

All of the Europa DLC has been on sale all week on the Paradox store

Has anyone compiled the differences in free content vs content only available with the DLC or is that something only likely to come out once the community has dug into it? If the QoL and UI changes are free I don't think I care enough about China to get this one at full price

http://www.eu4wiki.com/Patch_1.20

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

oddium posted:

yeah it's in yen
:golfclap:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

woa that's a lot of changes guess I'm buying this

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
Quick question: Do rebels get idea bonuses to armies, or can you be comfortably ahead of rebels man-for-man after some quality/defensive/national ideas?

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010
I'm pretty sure rebels inherit your morale but not your other bonuses.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

spectralent posted:

Quick question: Do rebels get idea bonuses to armies, or can you be comfortably ahead of rebels man-for-man after some quality/defensive/national ideas?

Rebels are part of their own weird shadow empire with it's own ideas. However certain types of rebels seem to be different as well (patriot rebels seem to get their parent nations NIs, peasants get additional negatives added to them, etc) so nobody really knows 100% how it works.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
Oh poo poo! The gold province in Japan is gone. No wonder I couldn't find it.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
A little cheaper and no tax, gmg

Uziduke fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 6, 2017

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Guess who plays in the HRE so rarely that he still always gets blindsided by Imperial Cities being a thing?

It's me and gently caress playing Dithmarschen I just want to annex Hamburg gently caress you Austria. I'm not even allowed to vassal them when they're a non-cobeligerent for some reason :mad:

Time to actually go play with all the new toys in Asia. I can't decide between Japan or Manchu.

p.s. anyone spotted any particularly cool new NI sets in Japan? The southmost Daimyo has almost Prussia-tier military ideas.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Uziduke posted:

A little cheaper and no tax, gmg

Image is broken.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

spectralent posted:

Oh poo poo! The gold province in Japan is gone. No wonder I couldn't find it.

Yeah but uesugi has +10% production efficiency as a tradition, that is good. 35 years in and I own half of Japan :getin:

I made a random new world hoping to get it close to me and feeding trade, let's see...

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

RabidWeasel posted:

Guess who plays in the HRE so rarely that he still always gets blindsided by Imperial Cities being a thing?

It's me and gently caress playing Dithmarschen I just want to annex Hamburg gently caress you Austria. I'm not even allowed to vassal them when they're a non-cobeligerent for some reason :mad:

Time to actually go play with all the new toys in Asia. I can't decide between Japan or Manchu.

p.s. anyone spotted any particularly cool new NI sets in Japan? The southmost Daimyo has almost Prussia-tier military ideas.

I've been looking and I can't find the Daimyo ideas anywhere. Interested in what they might be. Also wondering if they gave the non-1444 start Daimyos unique ideas like the Oda Shogunate.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

fixed

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

Now to try to form the Qing. Every other time I played Jianzhou when the Qing should of been formed the Ming just eat me.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
How are you supposed to deal with Ming now? They make everything around them a tributary and then you're hosed as Japan because you can't really take on Ming early.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

deathbagel posted:

I've been looking and I can't find the Daimyo ideas anywhere. Interested in what they might be. Also wondering if they gave the non-1444 start Daimyos unique ideas like the Oda Shogunate.

I took a peek at all daimyos' ideas before starting, can't remember exactly but there's a lot of +1 diplo relation slot, +10% morale, +10% infantry combat ability, +prestige/legitimacy and a few trading bonuses. Also some -idea cost, +fort defense and +attrition.

Uesugi is one of the more outlandish with +10% production efficiency, coupled with -1 army trad decay as traditions and +0.5 yearly army tradition as 3rd idea (and +10 infantry combat as ambition), which can potentially give God-tier generals once you get defensive and/or quality up and running.

Basically they all have some pretty good boosts to combat and diplomacy, and some lesser boosts on trade, stability or governance - mixed in various ways - and no one struck me as being miles better than the others, also if Japan ideas are unchanged they're going to be almost surely better than any daimyo's.

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 6, 2017

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

RabidWeasel posted:

AFAIK making a Free City a co-belligerent will not call in the emperor to defend them.

Did Paradox change it back so the fort owner no longer counts as the defender when attacking enemies on their own forts? I keep getting terrain penalties against enemy armies sieging my forts or allies' forts.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Tahirovic posted:

How are you supposed to deal with Ming now? They make everything around them a tributary and then you're hosed as Japan because you can't really take on Ming early.

Become a tributary. They don't care if they fight each other.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tahirovic posted:

Far as I can tell the moment a Daiymo becomes independent the entire thing becomes impossible. I have half the island as Uesagi and the other half hopped into the Ming tributary system. I don't really see a way around squashing this last Daiymo because Ming gets called in with a navy that is 80+ strong, 20 of which are Heavy ships alone. Their Army is around 100 units and that adds in with the 20 units from the last Daiymo.

There needs to be an almost insurmountable malus to joining the tributary if you're outside of the Ming cultural group.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Noteworthy things in the patch notes:

quote:

Tech impact for administrative efficiency is now 0-30% instead of 0-60%, as absolutism impacts it 0-40% as well.

I recall the thread lamenting over this administrative efficiency nerf, but I didn't realize that absolutism would push the cap up to a total of 70%. This is definitely still a nerf to republics since their passive absolutism is really low

quote:

Spies no longer are sent home when discovered, but instead have a -100% to network buildup during a year.

I thought this might be a paid feature, but it's free

quote:

Mercenaries now cost twice as much to reinforce.
Mercenary regiments now cost 10 more as base purchase price, for a static 20, 35 & 40 cost per regiment.

This has been discussed in the thread before, a tragic nerf to mercs

quote:

Reduced Liberty desire from development in vassals. 100% liberty desire at 500 development

This is a nice buff; it used to be +0.25 liberty desire per development regardless of the vassal's size, effectively limiting how big you could make a vassal. Capping it at 500 development lets you feasibly grow a vassal forever. It also makes reducing liberty desire via the development system even better (because developing a province gives a huge reduction but also a small increase, since the vassal now has +1 development)

quote:

Removed Protectorates, they are now all considered vassals instead. You can do divert trade & seize territory from vassals & send officers to marches.

Already discussed in the thread, but this is a really good change. No more vassal/protectorate releasing bugs. Maybe it's a small nerf to nations who would normally acquire a ton of protectorates, since those don't take diplo slots

quote:

No longer possible to increase autonomy if you don't have authority to lose.

Interesting

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

GRRRRR the MING are even worse now trying to play as Jianzhou.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

YouTuber posted:

Far as I can tell the moment a Daiymo becomes independent the entire thing becomes impossible. I have half the island as Uesagi and the other half hopped into the Ming tributary system. I don't really see a way around squashing this last Daiymo because Ming gets called in with a navy that is 80+ strong, 20 of which are Heavy ships alone. Their Army is around 100 units and that adds in with the 20 units from the last Daiymo.

There needs to be an almost insurmountable malus to joining the tributary if you're outside of the Ming cultural group.

Well I have a similar story but Ming just didn't give a drat.. ? Japan is still "united" under the emperor even though I own half of the island and the rest is divided between the Emperor, a OPM Daimyo and a 7 province Daimyo. I am going to grab the OPM and half the big daimyo, then wait out the truce, eat the rest of the big daimyo and go for the emperor's throat to avoid any mingling by mainlanders. It's 1490 or so and I'm getting started on the Philippines and discovering the random new world that is quite close, I only need 1 more DIP tech to actually be able to explore its coast...

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Open it in a new tab. The forums no longer support non-https images.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Becoming a Ming tributary isn't that big of a deal. You can do whatever you want as long as you pay the toll. If you wish to muck about in East Asia, just suck it up and bend the knee to the Ming.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Started a new game on the new patch.

Didn't realize that Steam hadn't activated Mandate of Heaven for me until I was 2 hours in.

Thanks gabe you fucker.

Edit: lol "achievements can't be earned now" because I started the game without the DLC.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

surely the lack of ages was suspicious

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Ages are there (you get the little ... pull downs? and the "Age of whatever" bar up top) but I figured it was just a dumb Paradox UI thing that I couldn't get the big Ages window to open up.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

This is a nice buff; it used to be +0.25 liberty desire per development regardless of the vassal's size, effectively limiting how big you could make a vassal. Capping it at 500 development lets you feasibly grow a vassal forever. It also makes reducing liberty desire via the development system even better (because developing a province gives a huge reduction but also a small increase, since the vassal now has +1 development)

doesn't it just change it to +0,2 lib desire per development?

still nice though

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
... is there no scroll bar for the Age window? The bottom of it is cut off and I can't read the last two goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Becoming a Ming tributary isn't that big of a deal. You can do whatever you want as long as you pay the toll. If you wish to muck about in East Asia, just suck it up and bend the knee to the Ming.

Yea you just pay a few ducats or points a year in return for a free hand attacking other tributary states and the Ming's protection from outsiders. Also, and this is probably a mistake, but someone on the Paradox Plaza forums said tributaries can't be coalitioned, so uh, feel free to eat Europe as well.

• Locked thread