Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

Meanwhile Iowa signed two top 100 guys and I'm thrilled. We might as well play different sports.

Perhaps you could take McDonald's All American Carlton Bragg.

Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

kiimo posted:

Please.

He can be fixed.

I believe.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

Meanwhile Iowa signed two top 100 guys and I'm thrilled. We might as well play different sports.

It's the weirdest loving feeling having a reason to pay attention to recruiting now. 5* Kevin Knox is visiting Mizzou this weekend and considering playing with Porter. I'd imagine he'll still end up at Duke, but even being in this discussions is insane.

Luckily Missouri will never have to worry about the success of a Roy Williams, probably being a bubble team with a good (hopefully great) player or two is enough to get used to.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Let's make a deal you take Knox, we'll take Duvall and gently caress Duke.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
Grats to JRizzle62. I was really hoping the Zags would be the ones to put a bullet in the Tarheels skull... it was not to be.

This is the best I've ever done in a bracket, thanks OP :)

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
My bracket looked like poo poo and I somehow won

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

My bracket got better as the tournament moved along. Just not enough in the sweet sixteen.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
John Groce to Akron. Bring the TNT (toughness and togetherness) back to Ohio.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Provided Wagner and Wilson stay, I'm interested in seeing what Michigan looks like next year.

Charles Matthews is off his transfer year, MAAR is back - as long as Xavier Simpson can run the offense and hit some outside shots, they should be solid.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

gvibes posted:

John Groce to Akron. Bring the TNT (toughness and togetherness) back to Ohio.

Dammit, I was hoping he'd come be an assistant for Archie in Bloomington.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Hello Towel posted:

Dammit, I was hoping he'd come be an assistant for Archie in Bloomington.
I think he's a bad coach, but it's probably good for us that he can't use his Illinois recruiting connections for IU.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

FartingBedpost posted:

My bracket got better as the tournament moved along. Just not enough in the sweet sixteen.

same and I forgot my bracket in this group till the final four. I noticed I got 2nd place in the group. super fun. congrats to 1st.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lmao

https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/849606554835963904

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Looks like Orlando Antigua is coming in as an assistant. I like the hire.

e: Jeremiah Tillmon decommited. Don't like that.

gvibes fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 5, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hahaha. This is amazing.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Three players are transferring from UConn and a commit released from his letter of intent. None of the players being released were stars or anything, but it leaves UConn with only 8 scholarship athletes and five open slots.

Jalen Adams, who despite everything had a very good season last year, also decided to not declare for the NBA. He's really poised for a breakout year next year, I think. Ollie also added a former Washington assistant Raphael Chillious who's supposed to be a recruiting hotshot.

Ever since the start of last season, UConn is both consistently on fire but also seems to be doing okay. It's like a day-to-day thing in whether they're imploding or not.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

We finished sixth in the final coaches poll. :unsmith: What a loving season.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

RumbleFish posted:

We finished sixth in the final coaches poll. :unsmith: What a loving season.

Congrats, man. That was a great run to watch.

Also Wichita State is now in the AAC, so goodbye MVC ever getting two teams in.

And lastly, I finally saw Disgraced, about the 2003 Baylor scandal. Holy poo poo when old New Mexico fans called Dave Bliss a piece of poo poo I never realized how bad he was.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

gvibes posted:

e: Jeremiah Tillmon decommited. Don't like that.

Decommitted two days after retweeting his original tweet that he's staying with the U of I. drat.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Time for him to fulfill his destiny and come to Columbia, MO.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

americanzero4128 posted:

Decommitted two days after retweeting his original tweet that he's staying with the U of I. drat.

He's another guy who Missouri fans want, I figured it was over after that retweet.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Mike_V posted:

Time for him to fulfill his destiny and come to Columbia, MO.
I assume that's the destination.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

gvibes posted:

Had heard some rumors he could be coming back to UK, which I was excited about. He does good things with bigs. Good pickup for you.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Caleb Swanigan isn't hiring an agent, leaving a slim chance he'll be back for his junior season.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jeez, Northern Iowa is the best program in the valley by a mile now that WSU is gone, assuming the recent drop off isn't a permanent thing. That conference is a shell of what it was like 10 years ago.

PotatoJudge posted:

Caleb Swanigan isn't hiring an agent, leaving a slim chance he'll be back for his junior season.

I don't think there's a lot he can do to improve his stock barring a sudden growth spurt, but he's not exactly a first round lock. I think there's a decent chance he comes back.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 6, 2017

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The Big 10 has so many borderline first round guys, hopefully they all go pro except the Michigan players imo

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Kirios posted:

Patrick Ewing: Head Coach will likely fail as badly as Clyde Drexler as a head coach but it's going to be a hell of a ride.

I was at UH when Drexler was there. That guy (and Houston, for that matter) assumed it was still the 80s and all he had to do was flash a ring and utter the term "Phi Slama Jama" and kids born after the Final Four years would come running to the red and white.

That's a mighty high bar for Ewing to reach.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Proof Duke fans beat their kids?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Well he's not your problem anymore.

Aside from being kind of a dumbass from what I gather what was his problem on the court?

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
Mostly not knowing what to do defensively. His best attribute, mid range jump shooting also just didn't figure in with a 4 guard 1 "big" system that was employed this year.

I think most of the decision was to have a fresh start somewhere though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think the real problem is that he was a hybrid 4 and was asked to play 5 when Udoka went down. Josh Jackson was playing the 4 and running circles around big 4s trying to defend him. So Bragg tried to play back to the basket but he's really not tough. He tried hard and had good numbers offensively but his defense was just....big guys would run over him.

Also, you know, sex n drugs n rock and rolllllll

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Virginia needed a shooter and got one on the grad transfer market from Rutgers, of all places: Nigel Johnson.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Not a shooter. He'll be fine as a bench guard but don't expect anything more.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Kim Jong Il posted:

Not a shooter. He'll be fine as a bench guard but don't expect anything more.

Odd, he's being sold that way and the numbers are decent enough—maybe it's just that UVA was desperate for someone hitting even 36% of their threes toward the end of last season.

Backup guard is fine, though, that's the minutes that transferred out.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
And he hits 38% of his twos! That's not a shooter. He occasionally would get super hot but in general was a giant ball hog that would take dumb shots.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Former 4* Washington commit Blake Harris is coming to Mizzou along with MPJ. MJG, Harris, and Kevin Knox all visited Mizzou this weekend, so it would be nice if they could somehow steal Knox away from Duke et al.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Doh

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Saw that earlier and it's a good thing. I'd obviously love to steal Knox away from Duke (although I still doubt that happens) but I might be more excited about the possibility of Tillmon even if he isn't quite as good of a prospect.

I just want as few minutes for Reed Nikko and maybe Mitchell Smith if his knee heals as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Saw that earlier and it's a good thing. I'd obviously love to steal Knox away from Duke (although I still doubt that happens) but I might be more excited about the possibility of Tillmon even if he isn't quite as good of a prospect.

I just want as few minutes for Reed Nikko and maybe Mitchell Smith if his knee heals as possible.

I assume Cullen Van Leer will become the "white guy off the bench" that Matt Lawrence was and he should have always been.

• Locked thread