Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Direct election of senators IS in the constitution, it's the seventeenth amendment.
woooooooosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

It took years of unprecedented levels of filibustering for Reid to 'go nuclear'. It took Republicans like what, a week?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Internet Webguy posted:

"Good job screwing over the black guy, all of us dead slave owners thought that was hilarious."- James Madison.

Holy God, this drawing is mind meltingly bad. First time I've laughed out loud at a Branco since the Glenn Beck I heart Israel and Apple Pie cartoon.

The only thing I e ever laughed at in a Branco cartoon is the @Reagan.com email address

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Lord Hydronium posted:

So does being a soulless conservative Republican make you look like this, or is it the other way around?

Think of that scene in Revenge of the Sith when Palpatine blasts Mace Windu with Force Lightning, only it's Mitch McConnell's voice screaming about unlimited power. It also works because McConnell can also say that he is the Senate. And that it's treason then.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I got your point your point was just stupid. The filibuster was not a thought out addition to our governmental system like the seventeenth amendment or judicial review, it's an accident that stuck around due to tradition and has been showing cracks in its dubious usefulness for decades

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Laughed so hard I choked on my saliva. My God.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Beetle died at Inchon. The entire strip is a Jacob's Ladder-esque fantasy as his brain shuts down in slow motion.

If I were a better forums historian, I'd even post the edits some goons made of this concept.

I'd really like to see this if anybody has a link and also knows if it predates that similar concept with Garfield.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

The filibuster was not a thought out addition to our governmental system like the seventeenth amendment or judicial review, it's an accident that stuck around due to tradition
The "tradition" here is that the Senate was intentionally designed as an antimajoritarian institution and the filibuster serves those purposes appropriately. The problem is that we now have polarized majoritarian parties not really compatible with antimajoritarian institutions trying to gently caress with those institutions so they can govern. Needless to say, this isn't really "thought out addition," just short term political expediency that can end up with bad long term consequences. For instance, I don't think Harry Reid is feeling great right now about taking the nuclear option on presidential appointees.

cheetah7071 posted:

and has been showing cracks in its dubious usefulness for decades
I'm sure you will still believe that after Justice Kanye West is confirmed.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

I'd really like to see this if anybody has a link and also knows if it predates that similar concept with Garfield.

If it's what I'm thinking of, the thing from Garfield

a) came first by a long time

b) was actually made by Jim Davis and ran in newspapers

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

For instance, I don't think Harry Reid is feeling great right now about taking the nuclear option on presidential appointees.
Considering that if he hadn't, those dozens of federal judgeships would now be filled by Trump, I would expect and hope he feels fine.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I'm sure you will still believe that after Justice Kanye West is confirmed.
No one man should have all that power.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Ah yes. Jewish heaven.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cloks posted:

Ah yes. Jewish heaven.

Everybody goes to good old-fashioned Christian heaven in political cartoons. Leonard Nimoy, Steve Jobs, you name it, it's Christian heaven or it's Christian hell

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

loquacius posted:

Everybody goes to good old-fashioned Christian heaven in political cartoons. Leonard Nimoy, Steve Jobs, you name it, it's Christian heaven or it's Christian hell

Can't wait to see the obit cartoons when Dalai Lama passes of him chattin' with St. Peter and/or ginormous Christian god.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Everyone prepare for poorly drawn tomahawk missiles with random, nonsensical labels over the next couple days.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Looking forward to Benson's depiction of a cowboy-hat-waving Trump gleefully riding a stars-and-stripes-bedecked 50s sci fi rocket into a nondescript amorphous black mass labelled "terror"

Or maybe even "Islamic terror"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

This is one of the edits, from 2007 (thanks to Aardmania in BSS for digging it up):

There's at least one more, which is more involved, but I haven't been able to locate it yet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Don Rickles is dead? :(

I mean... it's not exactly surprising, but still.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Looking forward to :tinsley: "I know our glorious president will do something intelligent in response to those chemical attacks" in two weeks :unsmigghh:

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Evilreaver posted:

Looking forward to :tinsley: "I know our glorious president will do something intelligent in response to those chemical attacks" in two weeks :unsmigghh:

He's not a big fan of Trump, as far as I can tell.

Which is why he's been digging up "Old man yells at cloud" material from 90s.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

I found these cartoons on Sputnik News, a Russian government-controlled website that presents the Kremlin's spin on current events.

I think these guys are supposed to be NSA agents

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I can't wait to see what side Garrison is on in the slapfight between "THE GAS ATTACK WAS A JEW FALSE FLAG TO CUCK OUR COUNTRY AMERICA FIRST MAGA" and "STRONG DADDY TRUMP MAKE THE BROWN PEOPLE SCARED"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

sexpig by night posted:

I can't wait to see what side Garrison is on in the slapfight between "THE GAS ATTACK WAS A JEW FALSE FLAG TO CUCK OUR COUNTRY AMERICA FIRST MAGA" and "STRONG DADDY TRUMP MAKE THE BROWN PEOPLE SCARED"

In the same comic, nonetheless.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
If I had cartooning talent drawing ability middling artistic competence primitive doodling skills, I'd be trying to come up with a way to laboriously depict Major Kong riding a tomahawk missile out of its destroyer's chute.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

It took years of unprecedented levels of filibustering for Reid to 'go nuclear'. It took Republicans like what, a week?

"But both parties are the same!"

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

OH MY GOD DID HE RECORD HIS LINES FOR TOY STORY 5 THRU 382438 BEFORE HE DIED??????

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
glad to see russia is still playing the "and you are lynching negroes" game

wonder what kind of hosed up logic is behind the nato cartoon, russians who collaborate with nato will be killed??

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Kurtofan posted:

glad to see russia is still playing the "and you are lynching negroes" game

wonder what kind of hosed up logic is behind the nato cartoon, russians who collaborate with nato will be killed??

It'll stop working once we stop believing in it. Even Trump is parroting the "Look how bad we are" now when Russia comes up.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kurtofan posted:

Yes. Exactly.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Neodoomium posted:

The caricatures of UK politicians are so loving brutal.

They've turned Theresa May into a plague doctor with that snout of hers.

May is being drawn as looking like Margaret Thatcher, who she idolises and wants to emulate. Unfortunately she's only capable of imitating the brute force and evil, being too incompetent to have an actual end game plan.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Jedit posted:

May is being drawn as looking like Margaret Thatcher, who she idolises and wants to emulate. Unfortunately she's only capable of imitating the brute force and evil, being too incompetent to have an actual end game plan.

sounds like a pretty flawless emulation then

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Selachian posted:

Did someone ask for McConnell caricatures?

McConnell is one of the most odious, cynical politicians in American history and I am not exaggerating, and Telnaes somehow has made him seem adorable. That's talent.

Meanwhile Todd Roll can't even draw an obvious Trump.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
the ben take is in

Garrison posted:

There’s just no way around it. Trump’s action in Syria disappointed me greatly. Before he was elected he claimed he didn’t want to be the world’s policeman. He wasn’t going to be ‘president of the world.’ My cartoon has Rand repeating Trump’s words to Obama.

Did Trump forget his own advice? Apparently. He just bombed Syria to punish Assad, who almost certainly did not use poison gas on civilians as the mainstream media claims. Why would Assad make such a drastic mistake? More likely, it was poison gas held by ISIS in a nearby warehouse. They probably got it from our ally who loves to fund radical Islam: Saudi Arabia.

Lies and false flags are now routinely used to draw us into war and strip us of our liberties. The gassing strikes me as an excuse to distract from the Rice scandal as well as get Trump to get more aggressive toward Russia. It’s a bad sign when warmongering Neocons such as McCain are praising the bombing. Even CNN applauded it. A very bad sign indeed. They wanted Hillary who would be more than happy to carry out their endless wars. She enjoys a good cackle after killing people.

President Trump, we did not elect you to carry on status quo policies that include even more useless wars in the middle east and the lies used to start them. We especially don’t want WWIII with Russia. We don’t need another cold war with them either. They should be our allies in the war against Muslim terrorism.

Why can’t we concentrate on our own problems? We need to rebuild our infrastructure. We need more jobs and less taxes. We need to end Obama care. We need to build that wall. We need to wrest power away from the deep state and return it to We The People. President Trump, forget about bombing the middle east. Stop trying to control the world. Instead, please concentrate on making America great again.

—Ben Garrison

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

McConnell is one of the most odious, cynical politicians in American history and I am not exaggerating, and Telnaes somehow has made him seem adorable. That's talent.

Meanwhile Todd Roll can't even draw an obvious Trump.

Part of what makes Mitch so dangerous is that he really does look like a harmless hapless cartoon turtle man. If he looked like an eldritch horror like Ted Cruz he probably wouldn't be as successful.

Trogdos! posted:

the ben take is in

:eyepop: It finally happened. Ben is turning on Trump. Slowly and with a generous helping of denial, but the support is beginning to waver.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Trogdos! posted:

the ben take is in

hummmm yeah that's my poo poo

edit; hahahah he believes the gassing happened to cover for susna rice??

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
haa stantis has learned a new word

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

I severely don't get this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This whole "war" thing must be like a breath of fresh air to Ramirez

before this, all he had connecting himself to today's GOP was his persecution complex, but now that they've really committed themselves to blowing poo poo up he has something to grab onto and hold himself steady

• Locked thread