Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
They should honestly kill the old servers. I have no loving idea why they'd run two instances of the same game at the same time, one old, dated, and poorly designed, the other newer and with an emphasis on being less poo poo.

Guess their financials are way better than we thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Just don't talk about Legends on the main TSW forums. They don't want anyone hyping up the game for reasons.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You finally get unbanned, express genuine excitement for the relaunch, and promptly get banned again.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

They should honestly kill the old servers. I have no loving idea why they'd run two instances of the same game at the same time, one old, dated, and poorly designed, the other newer and with an emphasis on being less poo poo.

Guess their financials are way better than we thought.

Because they're not the same game, and the cost of keeping the old game running (in maintenance mode) is a hell of a lot less than the PR hit they'd take for going 'hey, we're killing off this game you've played for years and years BUT we have a fresh new version of it that you can play! it doesn't have everything you're used to and doesn't have all the content yet but you can overlook that, right?'

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Is there a timeframe for this relaunch?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I think they claimed Spring 2017 but from the sounds of it that's really pushing it, so the answer to your question is more :shrug:

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I might as well wait for the relaunch before returning. At least that will give me time to consider what faction I want to be.

Illuminati I didn't like the overall feeling, as much as I liked Geary. I'm not really fond of the corporate culture and that they yell at me for helping people.

Templars I have no experience with, but I heard they're a little boring? They do have the coolest looking outfits though.

Dragon's schtick doesn't interest me, but I heard they get very interesting later on?

I'm leaning at on picking Templar for the reboot, and I hope that's not a mistake.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Colgate posted:

I might as well wait for the relaunch before returning. At least that will give me time to consider what faction I want to be.

Illuminati I didn't like the overall feeling, as much as I liked Geary. I'm not really fond of the corporate culture and that they yell at me for helping people.

Templars I have no experience with, but I heard they're a little boring? They do have the coolest looking outfits though.

Dragon's schtick doesn't interest me, but I heard they get very interesting later on?

I'm leaning at on picking Templar for the reboot, and I hope that's not a mistake.

I like templar. You handler is a super smug guy named Sonnac, and I've regularly had him send responses back to reports that said "I'm going to pretend this was spam and you didn't actually think I cared about this." He also tends to wax poetic during reports, so he's a giant nerd too.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
One other question since I haven't played in forever I missed a bunch of adventure issues. With Legends are you gonna have to purchase them or will they all be unlocked(I assume the former).

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Apparently all free.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I like templar. You handler is a super smug guy named Sonnac, and I've regularly had him send responses back to reports that said "I'm going to pretend this was spam and you didn't actually think I cared about this." He also tends to wax poetic during reports, so he's a giant nerd too.

The old lady you go to occasionally is awesome too. In a "tut-tut stiff upper lip gentlemen" kind of way.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Gawain The Blind posted:

The old lady you go to occasionally is awesome too. In a "tut-tut stiff upper lip gentlemen" kind of way.

And a "Back in my day we had to make do with remembering the briefing, none of this cell phone garbage"

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

angerbeet posted:

Apparently all free.

Well poo poo I'll definitely be back if all that content is included.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Len posted:

Just don't talk about Legends on the main TSW forums. They don't want anyone hyping up the game for reasons.

The players or the devs?
(I'm going to assume the answer is merely "yes")

For my part I'm currently dorking out in the current game unlocking my aux weapons, and doing dumb poo poo.
I still never have gotten around to reaching or playing through Tokyo or any of the content that follows season 8.
Mostly because I've not ground up enough AP/SP to unlock enough chunks of my tree (yet) for the pistol/shotgun build I wanted - which is entirely because I got bored of grinding, and went off to do more fun things in other games.
That said the whip is still my favourite aux weapon so far, because I find it childishly amusing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

mcjomar posted:

The players or the devs?
(I'm going to assume the answer is merely "yes")

For my part I'm currently dorking out in the current game unlocking my aux weapons, and doing dumb poo poo.
I still never have gotten around to reaching or playing through Tokyo or any of the content that follows season 8.
Mostly because I've not ground up enough AP/SP to unlock enough chunks of my tree (yet) for the pistol/shotgun build I wanted - which is entirely because I got bored of grinding, and went off to do more fun things in other games.
That said the whip is still my favourite aux weapon so far, because I find it childishly amusing.

Devs. There's a sticky announcement that if you post on the forums about the relaunch you're breaking your NDA and gently caress you

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The chaos rework seems pretty interesting, a lot more healing focused, sort of leech tacky?

https://m.imgur.com/a/dLWgS

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Len posted:

Devs. There's a sticky announcement that if you post on the forums about the relaunch you're breaking your NDA and gently caress you

Being charitable I assume this is because they don't want to go through the effort of verifying who is or is not a beta tester.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
According to those NDA-breaking reddit miscreants, lasers in sabotage missions are no longer an instant kill. :swoon:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Pilchenstein posted:

According to those NDA-breaking reddit miscreants, lasers in sabotage missions are no longer an instant kill. :swoon:

Comin back day one for this now

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Colgate posted:

I've always found Dragon super interesting, but as the game goes on you're in for more and more of a ride with them, yeah. The philosophy of the faction doesn't change, though- you should pick them if you enjoy having no clue why you're being sent anywhere.

Just have fun! a wetware pc baang hivemind probably fractal'd things out two months ago.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Eh, okay so dumb newbie question - I finished grinding to unlock all the SP for all my aux, and give them all at least one passive and one active.
I'm now in CoV and I paid 1BB (it falls on me like rain) to get my seal etc etc.
Looking at the gear vendors, is it worth me upgrading to purple QL10s around my current (terrible, slow, but stupidly boringly survivable under pretty much any circumstance) leech ar/blade build, or should I plot out the pistol/shotgun build I will probably need if I'm to survive Tokyo before I buy the talisman gear?
Also, now that I quickly knocked it out of the way, should I go back and gently caress around in "The Room" anyway to learn some things, or just faceplant my way directly into Tokyo for stupid story fun times?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Don't play this game its about to be abandoned for a new version

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Leak galleries from people in Beta

Basic info

http://imgur.com/a/85zsj

Assault Rifle

http://imgur.com/a/7msJO

Pistol

http://imgur.com/a/QADJa

Shotgun

http://imgur.com/a/35qls

Elemental

http://imgur.com/a/ziOV3

Chaos

http://imgur.com/a/UwqB9

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

please don't dumb down the investigation missions :(

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ruzihm posted:

Yeah. But this is also a Beta rear end Beta. They could have just made them obvious so people could just test mechanics and not have to worry about thinking outside of the game.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Actually, nevermind, I just unlocked my augment skill points/AP stuff, so holy poo poo I have a lot more grinding to do than I thought.
(Yes I know this will be a dead game soon, but gently caress it I may as well mess around until I either a) get access to the beta, or b) the full game launches)

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

If they weren't keeping the old servers up they totally should have an Azathoth style world ending to bring us into the new servers. But oh well.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I'm getting more excited for this relaunch with every bit of info I hear about it.

Except for that investigation mission news. I hope it's just making info more accessible in-game and not, you know, dumbing them down. Investigation missions are basically one of the most unique things about TSW, and it feels rewarding going through them.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Ruzihm posted:

Romain Amiel posted:

There is too much here to address individually, but one example of misinformation is the idea of the investigation missions having changed: they haven’t. We added one investigation mission tutorial.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Colgate posted:

templars are the faction most open to helping people, yeah. Sometimes Sonnac is like "dude the sky is on fire you don't need to save every kitten from every tree" but he still gets where you're coming from.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Hmmm the Illuminati has all of the music videos, Hollywood, the internet, cell phones with cameras in them, energy drinks, MDMA, vaporwave, Tesla Motors, keys to videogame betas, etc

And you're over there in a candle lit hellhole with no indoor plumbing because "sometimes the templars are nice" and "the dragon used to have implied rape as part of its induction but now it's only referenced constantly"

Can't believe how willfully ignorant some of you are in the face of the best and longest globe-spanning PR campaign possible

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Capntastic posted:

Hmmm the Illuminati has all of the music videos, Hollywood, the internet, cell phones with cameras in them, energy drinks, MDMA, vaporwave, Tesla Motors, keys to videogame betas, etc

And you're over there in a candle lit hellhole with no indoor plumbing because "sometimes the templars are nice" and "the dragon used to have implied rape as part of its induction but now it's only referenced constantly"

Can't believe how willfully ignorant some of you are in the face of the best and longest globe-spanning PR campaign possible

Yeah. I mean I sorta get the dragon if you are into that sort of thing.

But between Illuminati and Templar it's not even close.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WbVqS0SWAs
Post the most illuminated vids you got, folks

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lIqNjC1RKU

Wait poo poo nevermind.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://youtu.be/r3YpchC4wyc

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Dexo posted:

Yeah. I mean I sorta get the dragon if you are into that sort of thing.

But between Illuminati and Templar it's not even close.

Yeah, because illuminati is poo poo.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Wait are Templar allowed to swear like that?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Templars: Don't do drugs
Illuminati: Do all the drugs
Dragon: We are drugs

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Yeah, because illuminati is the poo poo.

I agree entirely!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Templar are very dry and some people don't have the breeding to appreciate it.

• Locked thread