Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

the setup/characters in Sakura Quest weren't as immediately interesting as shirobako's and I didn't really get a feel for anybody, but the comedy in the back half was amazing and there was some good character animation. Definitely going to keep watching.

The bit with Yoshino ignoring the prop sword and just loving decking gramps, only to accidentally send him to the hospital was really great, did a great job of toying with my expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Endorph posted:

why would you think that

they're a fly-by-night western vn company

how would they get an anime made

Not knowing anything at all about them outside of being clicker games and being bad helps

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Knorth posted:

Not knowing anything at all about them outside of being clicker games and being bad helps
this still seems like an extremely dumb assumption to make!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

See, it wasn't just me

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

sakura just means cherry blossoms lol

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Endorph posted:

this still seems like an extremely dumb assumption to make!!

I mean, it lasted the whole 5 seconds before I read the synopsis but it was a pretty easy assumption after the however many months of occasionally hearing 'new Sakura [word] game is out and is being bought as ironic gifts for people'

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
In the wake of a nationwide movement during the Bubble economy period, a small town in the countryside has revived its "mini-nation" tourism program; hiring five girls as travel ambassadors. The series will follow a year's time of the five girls as they come together at a prestigious academy for young sexy aspiring knights.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sakura Knights?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Endorph posted:

why would you think that

they're a fly-by-night western vn company

how would they get an anime made

i didn't ask questions. i just assumed they maybe got enough money to pay for some garbage to be made.

the fact that they have like 5 games or something called "Sakura [other word]" has conditioned me to immediately skim past and ignore when i see that.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
why would western titty vn people who have zero audience in japan and rapidly dwindling sales with each release spend money on an anime animated by pa works

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I can't believe someone out there doesn't know where the lovely clicker games were made...

or how they sold with each iteration :cripes:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

this is a dumb pile on

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

The Colonel posted:

why would western titty vn people who have zero audience in japan and rapidly dwindling sales with each release spend money on an anime animated by pa works

i don't think you understand how little i care.

yes, doing a bit of research and thinking about it would have proven it wrong. but that requires caring.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think it's cool to care about things and show interest in them

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Endorph posted:

i do too. the sakura clicker games just aren't something i care about or show interest in.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake Attack posted:

this is a dumb pile on

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

Pff. Get a load of this nerd.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sakura Thread AIDS Simulator

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Three days until Eccentric Family :toot:

People should go watch that

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Knorth posted:

Yeah, this one was a standout during the season it aired and I cannot wait for more of it.

Also I'd never heard of the Sakura Clicker games before this thread which I guess was a good thing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I feel this is relevant to the Sakura Quest discussion.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

chumbler posted:

I feel this is relevant to the Sakura Quest discussion.

those are real?? :eyepop:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Are they ever

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It's the open feet that I find really strange

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think you can zip them up but then you have a cold zip against them all night...

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Knorth posted:

will they kill the humans who eat them this time

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm guessing~ no but it'll be interesting to find out

god drat it that show was gorgeous

https://u.pomf.is/brozec.webm

Knorth fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Apr 7, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I hope Sakura Quest gets some good scenery too, episode one wasn't bad looking at all but it definitely wasn't as immediately pretty as some other PA Works shows

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I wanna believe, but Kamiyama's projects have been on a downward slope in quality since SAC.

And Aramaki is a cool designer but if he has anything to do with stuff outside that, welp

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Another thought: considering what both of them have been working on for awhile now, I think it's a safe bet to assume this new series will be CG.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think Shinji Aramaki has worked on anything that wasn't CG unless he was just doing mecha design

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't think Shinji Aramaki has worked on anything that wasn't CG unless he was just doing mecha design

As a designer he has worked on non-CG shows but as a director it has been like, 25 years since he last directed a non-CG thing.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
seikaisuru kado looks pretty decent for ajin-style 3dcg, surprised no polygon credited

writing is a bit slow and tepid, even if alot of what it goes for clicks

also the show is incredibly gay

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

lol

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
New stories begin. Meanwhile, an old gust of wind heaves its final sigh.

(ending spoilers for Hayate no Gotoku)

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Apr 7, 2017

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

writing is a bit slow and tepid, even if alot of what it goes for clicks

The slow pace feels intentional and helps with the tone/style they are going for.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Things I watched today, Love Tyrant, bad, Clockwork Planet, bad, Tsukigakirei, seems like it might be cute and good?

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Ooh boy, exciting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZhOVnowpAM

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hinako Note was nice enough. Reasonably pretty show, cozy tone, characters seem nice enough. The "this girl eats books' thing all the summaries mentioned doesn't seem to actually matter at all outside of a gag? But other than that it seems as good a pick as any if you're looking for a cozy CGDCT show. Staying on the queue for now.

So, so far I've got Alice&Zokurou, Sakura Quest, and Hinako Note. Plus my continuing enjoyment of DBS and maaaaybe Attack On 2itan. Reasonable enough load for a season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
Shows that feature characters that can control gears are batting .000 these past 2 seasons. Although I'll give Planet the 3 episode test that I could muster myself to do for Handshakers

• Locked thread