Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

I'm also almost certain enemies have less health,

I agree. Subjectively it seems like I'm doing a lot more damage with the same weapons, same character, in both bronze and silver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

I agree. Subjectively it seems like I'm doing a lot more damage with the same weapons, same character, in both bronze and silver.

Absolutely. Gold doesn't seem different though.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
I ran the Asari Adept with the War Amp and the biotic amp 3 to get a feel for the adept's maximum power. I would say that perhaps that is what the Adept should be baseline... disclaimer I played on Silver not gold.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

It's worth noting that like ME3, "power damage" doesn't affect combo damage.

It's also worth noting that unlike ME3, neither does power rank. All detonations are the same strength whether generated by rank 1 powers or rank 6 ones.

The only thing that affects combo damage are the traits that specifically say they do. And those are worded a bit inconsistently, so it's hard to tell exactly how it all works at the moment. Some say combo damage, some say detonator damage... which could mean wildly different things.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

tooterfish posted:

It's worth noting that like ME3, "power damage" doesn't affect combo damage.

It's also worth noting that unlike ME3, neither does power rank. All detonations are the same strength whether generated by rank 1 powers or rank 6 ones.

The only thing that affects combo damage are the traits that specifically say they do. And those are worded a bit inconsistently, so it's hard to tell exactly how it all works at the moment. Some say combo damage, some say detonator damage... which could mean wildly different things.

Yeah the terminology on some of these tooltips is pretty opaque. "Power restoration" is one that throws me still (since 'recharge' is a separate thing I guess?)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This is a mattock 3 on silver with an AR Barrel VI and a soldier with several + weapon damage mods

Thank god they nerfed the damage after fixing the fire rate!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

IcePhoenix posted:

This is a mattock 3 on silver with an AR Barrel VI and a soldier with several + weapon damage mods

lmao

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

IcePhoenix posted:

Yo it's fine you just need to get it to rank X.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
Can we swap Claymore to Mattock in the thread title now

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah the terminology on some of these tooltips is pretty opaque. "Power restoration" is one that throws me still (since 'recharge' is a separate thing I guess?)
Power restoration and defence affects the amount of shields or health that powers return on use (so things like energy drain, charge etc). The "and defence" part also implies it affects things like damage resistance, but I've no idea if that's true.

Sometimes it's a general "power restoration", sometimes it's specific "tech power restoration" or "biotic power restoration". I'm assuming that's deliberate, and something to watch out for on classes that have cross discipline powers and passives.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The scattershot does like no damage at all jfc. I tried it and just swapped out for the charger almost immediately. So of course my second gold pack gave me a second scattershot.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Not sure why you're surprised, the Mattock has never been a good weapon.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Observations I don't think were mentioned in the patch notes:

-Disarming is way faster now. Feels like 3x faster.

-You can now get giant enemies as assassination targets. On silver it gave me hydras 3/4 times. So basically welcome back assassination as the RPG-or-get-hosed objective type on gold.

-They fixed stealth grid's visuals going away early so well that stealth grid will now sometimes make you permanently appear invisible.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Digirat posted:

Observations I don't think were mentioned in the patch notes:

-Disarming is way faster now. Feels like 3x faster.

-You can now get giant enemies as assassination targets. On silver it gave me hydras 3/4 times. So basically welcome back assassination as the RPG-or-get-hosed objective type on gold.

-They fixed stealth grid's visuals going away early so well that stealth grid will now sometimes make you permanently appear invisible.

Eh, there's only 1 hydra per wave anyway, unless they increased the number of giant enemies that spawn.

And the stealth grid perma-invis one has been there since before the patch.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I only have the huntress and not the avenger but I haven't noticed any changes to the stealth grid visuals when off host. She doesn't actually turn invisible but the cloaking effect does work.

Bizarre Echo
Jul 1, 2011

"I am pleased that we have differences. May we together become greater than the sum of both of us."
So the patch today changed my "break free" button from E to F, that was a pleasant surprise.

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
Bad patch. Have they at least addressed the stability issues at all?

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Stranger Danger Ranger posted:

Bad patch. Have they at least addressed the stability issues at all?

I'm pretty sure they're in denial about that much like the game being balanced.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Zakmonster posted:

Eh, there's only 1 hydra per wave anyway, unless they increased the number of giant enemies that spawn.

except that 3 of the 4 targets in the wave were hydras like I just said, and yes you can see 2 hydras at once.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

the experience has really been shaken up

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Digirat posted:

except that 3 of the 4 targets in the wave were hydras like I just said, and yes you can see 2 hydras at once.

Yeah, I misread what you typed. That's pretty poo poo, though.

I thought part of the balance of the game was having lesser giant enemies to your relatively lower damage output, so this isn't a fun change.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Zakmonster posted:

Yeah, I misread what you typed. That's pretty poo poo, though.

I thought part of the balance of the game was having lesser giant enemies to your relatively lower damage output, so this isn't a fun change.

ME3 had a max possible giant targets per spawn, so you always nuked the first one.

What I'm more worried about is when it's a hydra followed by 3 bersekers. Those things have a TON of hp for always spawning in pairs and being able to one shot your shields on gold.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
My Apex rating went down? It was around 3,200 earlier today and now it's 2,800

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

How exactly are you supposed to launch enemies when you hold them with Pull?
I've tried just about every button combination I could think of

SmallpoxJenkins fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Apr 7, 2017

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

How exactly are you supposed to launch enemies when you hold them with Pull?
I;ve tried just about every button combination I could think of

Use throw to fling them real far/off the map or curveball them at enemies to deal some damage. Or use melee to shove them a fair distance, like off a cliff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

comatose posted:

I'm pretty sure they're in denial about that much like the game being balanced.

So in denial it's listed as a patch note.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

AngryBooch posted:

Use throw to fling them real far/off the map or curveball them at enemies to deal some damage. Or use melee to shove them a fair distance, like off a cliff.

I was using the human adept, so no throw to use.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
I thought they nerfed observers? On gold they don't feel nerfed AT ALL!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I was using the human adept, so no throw to use.

Yeah then you just have to melee them or no launching.

it's super dumb, they absolutely should've condensed Pull and Throw into one power, The Force Unleashed style. :colbert:

dazoner posted:

I thought they nerfed observers? On gold they don't feel nerfed AT ALL!

10% less damage and one less second of max firing duration but yeah, they still do a fuckload of base damage.

Honestly I wish they'd just reduce the height limit on them, let me loving punch the bastards and I wouldn't care how much damage they do.

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 7, 2017

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So, I have a question for something I've always wondered. Maybe one of you fine folks will be able to answer.

For the Valkyrie, is the listed damage per bullet or per burst? Because each pull of the trigger is a 2 shot burst.

So, is it 99 damage per bullet (so 198 per trigger pull), or 99 per burst (or 49.5 per bullet)?

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
I believe its per bullet. There's a goon who's making a spreadsheet on TTK for all weapons, he'd probably be able to confirm.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

I thought the raider faction (outlaw?) was supposed to be tougher but they seemed easier with less health. Although the did have two mechs in one of the later rounds which an rpg fixed.

Zakmonster posted:

There's a goon who's making a spreadsheet

lol

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
Welp it's still crashing constantly. Seems to happen at extraction a lot as well, it's pretty god damned annoying.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Digirat posted:

You've never known true pain until you end up with three ascendants during a wave somehow. :stare: It was a brutally quick wipe.

Stranger Danger Ranger posted:

Welp it's still crashing constantly. Seems to happen at extraction a lot as well, it's pretty god damned annoying.
I swear it's something to do with Strike Teams or some fuckery related to it. I still get some times when I can play actual MP fine, but as soon as I go to send a Striketeam, it boots me out with a connection error. It even happens while playing campaign too.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The scorpion is not as good as i hoped, but still better than most pistols i guess. drat salarian infiltrator and his weak rear end arms.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Did they shorten the time it takes to use devices? It seems faster than it used to be.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Nasgate posted:

The scorpion is not as good as i hoped, but still better than most pistols i guess. drat salarian infiltrator and his weak rear end arms.
Besides the Charger, the Phalanx isn't too bad. The Carnifex seems good in theory, but the RoF is too slow for decent follow up shots.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Equalizer is pretty great too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

limited posted:

Besides the Charger, the Phalanx isn't too bad. The Carnifex seems good in theory, but the RoF is too slow for decent follow up shots.

Yeah, the Carnifex sucks a lot this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

limited posted:

The Charger is insane with an ammo mod on it. It's my go to weapon with any class really, especially with the melee mod and light weight

Houdini fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Apr 7, 2017

• Locked thread