Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Wasabi the J posted:

I liked the slick sleeve E6 instructor we had for premob that told us what it was gonna be like "out there" in Africa, where he hadn't been.

I had a slick sleeve 1sg when I was reclassing tell me how much water I'd need to drink in Iraq lmao

he was like DRINK WATER I DRINK SO MUCH WATER I'D PISS IN YOUR FACE AND IT WOULD BE CRYSTAL CLEAR IRAQ BLAH BLAH BLAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Oh by the way Africa was really easy and chill, the hardest part is joint beauracracy and fighting a lack of mission.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

lmao what unit is that

It's some national guard unit, I forget which. I know a guy who deployed with them before he went active, and never wears it around here because people keep asking him about when he deployed with I Corps.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

lmao what unit is that

Ohio ARNG AFAIK. Whatever BCT.

My only "deployment" was to Kuwait a few months after they took away patches for Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, etc. Although on the upside I had an actual cool job which gave me the opportunity to go hang out in Kuwait City and actually see what the middle east (or at least a small slice of the GCC) is like outside of active combat zones which was genuinely pretty fascinating. I sort of sometimes feel bad about never going to Iraq or Afghanistan, but whatever I probably got the way better end of the deal here.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Hell yeah, y'all psyched for Syria???

Oh, hello, DD-214. I must say, you are lookin' mighty fine today!

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm not going anywhere but YTC and NTC. It could be WW3 and I'm pretty sure we'd still only be doing YTC and NTC rotations.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Well, you say that...

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
The Tinder game is strong here so I'm ok with this

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Guys im putting my uniform on tomorrow.

To do yard work.

Just the pants and boots, though. Going to stain the poo poo out of them with mulch and dirt and grass then probably throw them away. Never having to wear a uniform again feels good.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Mustang posted:

I'm not going anywhere but YTC and NTC. It could be WW3 and I'm pretty sure we'd still only be doing YTC and NTC rotations.

That's the best case scenario. You probably don't live on post, so you haven't been hearing all of the Blackhawks flying overhead every few minutes. Doesn't bode well.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
SOAR dudes getting prepped to go drop off some guys to deep dick some dudes in Syria. Or get deep dicked. Probably both.

Seriously though I was wondering why I was hearing so many blackhawks flying around tonight. I hear one right now in fact.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
When Mustang dies in Syria at least we will all be validated in our belief that the Army is eventually going to gently caress him in the rear end.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Mike-o posted:

SOAR dudes getting prepped to go drop off some guys to deep dick some dudes in Syria. Or get deep dicked. Probably both.

Seriously though I was wondering why I was hearing so many blackhawks flying around tonight. I hear one right now in fact.

Yeah, they're definitely SOAR birds. Got a good look at a few of the sorties flying earlier while the sun was still up. Some SOF dudes weekends just got made/ruined based on where they stand on this cluster gently caress.

Edit: Since within 20 minutes of the news breaking and those things flying over I've been drinking.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 7, 2017

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Obstacle2 posted:

When Mustang dies in Syria at least we will all be validated in our belief that the Army is eventually going to gently caress him in the rear end.

even tho i dont actually know mustang, the idea that he might legit die in some sandy shithole like my buddies is bumming me out

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

even tho i dont actually know mustang, the idea that he might legit die in some sandy shithole like my buddies is bumming me out

Of course. No one wants Mustang to die, even if he is a noble.

If you take nothing else away from your service, the one thing we should all know is that these wars are pointless. It is pretty clear today that regardless of where you are on the political spectrum, both parties of this country are enemies of peace and are more than willing to send people to die in another utterly senseless conflict.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Was gonna post something about how right that is, but I've got my Katy Perry music video playlist on the TV and that's much more worth my attention.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

DoktorLoken posted:

Ohio ARNG AFAIK. Whatever BCT.

My only "deployment" was to Kuwait a few months after they took away patches for Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, etc. Although on the upside I had an actual cool job which gave me the opportunity to go hang out in Kuwait City and actually see what the middle east (or at least a small slice of the GCC) is like outside of active combat zones which was genuinely pretty fascinating. I sort of sometimes feel bad about never going to Iraq or Afghanistan, but whatever I probably got the way better end of the deal here.

Yup.

37TH IBCT out of Ohio, which coincidently has an infantry battalion in Jordan right now.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Weirdly the enlisted medics that are with me as airborne, ranger, and SOAR candidate holdovers here aren't that hooah right now.

I'm genuinely surprised how little confidence they have in their President.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Vahakyla posted:

Weirdly the enlisted medics that are with me as airborne, ranger, and SOAR candidate holdovers here aren't that hooah right now.

"At least he's not the other one!" only stays fresh for so long.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
gonna wait a year for those sweet bonuses to come back then gonna reenlist with my accounting degree and CPA cert

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mike-o posted:

You can hear the choppers coming?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

You're a piece of poo poo

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

They came to get the wounded
But I jumped on instead

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress me now it's stuck in my head. gently caress.

Hey mustang I'll go get drunk with you before you get deployed. Seriously if poo poo kicks off, don't go off dying dude. You either Vahakyla.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Vahakyla posted:

When even the enlisted know the president is a moron.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Mike-o posted:

When even the enlisted know the president is a moron.

Well the enlisted always "know" the president is a moron, but they're right this time at least

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Icon Of Sin posted:

They came to get the wounded
But I jumped on instead

My buddy's in a foxhole
With a bullet in his knee
I went to his rucksack
And ate his MRE

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Wasabi the J posted:

Oh by the way Africa was really easy and chill, the hardest part is joint beauracracy and fighting a lack of mission.

We finally got cider in the non-nobles drinking holes. It isn't Strongbow (which they do get) but it's better than nothing.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

Jesus Christ

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Naked Bear posted:

Jesus Christ

god fuuuucking drat it

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:piss:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Zeris posted:

Well the enlisted always "know" the president is a moron, but they're right this time at least

Even better than I could have said it

:perfect:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

This is just Cold War 2.0. It's a bunch of posturing that will eventually have Putin and Trump shaking hands and the world is great again.

Ain't nothing happening.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
If this is Cold War 2.0 and Putin and Trump are gonna shake hands in the end then can we get some rad 80's synthpop and hair metal please? I'm old and I hate new things/music.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I never stopped listening to industrial

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i can't wait until 50 years from now when Cold War 2 ends we get a bad rear end song like Jesus Jones' "Right Here, RIght Now" or the Scorpions "Winds of CHange"

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Mike-o posted:

If this is Cold War 2.0 and Putin and Trump are gonna shake hands in the end then can we get some rad 80's synthpop and hair metal please? I'm old and I hate new things/music.

Retrowave is already a thing. Fire up Gunship, The Midnight, Com Truise, Dance with the Dead, FM-84, Timecop1983, etc.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i can't wait until 50 years from now when Cold War 2 ends we get a bad rear end song like Jesus Jones' "Right Here, RIght Now" or the Scorpions "Winds of CHange"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMV-fenGP1g

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Retardog posted:

Com Truise

gently caress yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAL4AiuIDw8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002