Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Yeah where's my Makalov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Yeah where's my Makalov

rotting in the garbage where he belongs.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

akulanization posted:

rotting in the garbage where he belongs.

okay but what about my one true waifu nephenee

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The only fire emblem I've played are awakening and fates so the only hero I'm waiting for is charlotte

E: and reina and aversa

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The character on the horizon I want the most is Faye from Shadows of Valentia

There's other characters I want more but who knows when Ishtar will show up

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Why are so many people shoving 5 Star Alphonses into the gauntlet and who wastes 20k feathers on alphonse
Alphonse is a decent enough unit, he's just completely outclassed by so many other sord lordz. I intend to 5-star him sooner or later. I invested in Brash Assault, which I thought was a good idea (it wasn't), so I might try Vantage-baiting given his sword Volkvangr gets even more powerful when he's under 50% health.

Or, hell, maybe good ol' fashion swordbreaker. He aint doubling anything anyways.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

cheetah7071 posted:

Anna is good

It sounds like you just started playing though? The gacha feels super oppressive at first and then suddenly you have ten 5*s and mountains of feathers and no idea what to do with them all.

I think i started playing not too long after release, but I don't follow the metagame discussions or care about arena score beyond getting 2k feathers per week so I can't evaluate character strength well.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm not quite finished making a Horse Party Starring Blade Reinhardt team, but I've got enough of the components in place that I can tell it's gonna be a blast. Getting Eliwood up to five stars was a pain but things became incredible once he got Durandal. And to think, I haven't spent a dime on this game!

I have decided that when I finally get to play Thracia 776, I'll like Reinhardt.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I started since launch day and still only spam intermediate arena for the 2k feathers because I only play this game like 30 minutes per day at most. Maybe an hour if there's a new event, but this is my stop-go game when actual games are out.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Bongo Bill posted:

I have decided that when I finally get to play Thracia 776, I'll like Reinhardt.
lol no you loving won't

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm not quite finished making a Horse Party Starring Blade Reinhardt team, but I've got enough of the components in place that I can tell it's gonna be a blast. Getting Eliwood up to five stars was a pain but things became incredible once he got Durandal. And to think, I haven't spent a dime on this game!

He isn't recruitable

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I will like him as an enemy.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Oh. Don't tell me that the voting gaunlet quests are supposed to refresh. I didnt even do any of them.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Why are so many people shoving 5 Star Alphonses into the gauntlet and who wastes 20k feathers on alphonse
I suspect one of Anna, Alphonse, and Sharena will be on the arena banner each season. Upgrading them means you can always have a high BST character to give you the bonus instead of wondering if you should work on Ursula for the one season she's on rotation despite not having an Odin to make her any good and her having the lowest BST in the game.

I do wonder if maybe all your teams are empty you donate Alphonse if you don't have Abel due to alphabet shenanigans.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

Oh. Don't tell me that the voting gaunlet quests are supposed to refresh. I didnt even do any of them.

They didn't last time, but the shorter mission timer means they probably changed it for this go around.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

kaschei posted:

I suspect one of Anna, Alphonse, and Sharena will be on the arena banner each season. Upgrading them means you can always have a high BST character to give you the bonus instead of wondering if you should work on Ursula for the one season she's on rotation despite not having an Odin to make her any good and her having the lowest BST in the game.

There have been arena seasons without any of those three already

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

But they're the most likely to be consistently in them.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

But they're the most likely to be consistently in them.

Probably true.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Andrast posted:

The fact that we've seen Anna and now Alphonse in back to back bonus rotations might indicate they've learned that they should include these units in the future. I mean before that they had Alphonse and Sharena as bonus units on the first rotation? I seriously think that none of the starters showed up for a month+.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They basically take their ideas from reddit, because why the hell else is there suddenly a Wrys specific quest

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Tae posted:

They basically take their ideas from reddit, because why the hell else is there suddenly a Wrys specific quest

Wrys is a meme in Japan, afaik. That's why multiple lines of his are just his Shadow Dragon recruitment verbatim.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Has anyone ever gotten an "inconsistencies must be deleted" error when trying to buy orbs? I wanna try for Kagero or Effie but it won't let me throw some money at it.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Has anyone ever gotten an "inconsistencies must be deleted" error when trying to buy orbs? I wanna try for Kagero or Effie but it won't let me throw some money at it.

I've had that error pop up when I had a battle complete without connectivity, I think if you just quit to the main menu a couple of times the game will straighten itself out (presumably giving you the orbs if the store registered your purchase successfully).

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

akulanization posted:

I've had that error pop up when I had a battle complete without connectivity, I think if you just quit to the main menu a couple of times the game will straighten itself out (presumably giving you the orbs if the store registered your purchase successfully).

That's the problem. It won't even go to the point where I have to enter my password to confirm the purchase. I've tried force closing it and clearing the cache but nothing seems to work.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Tae posted:

I started since launch day and still only spam intermediate arena for the 2k feathers because I only play this game like 30 minutes per day at most. Maybe an hour if there's a new event, but this is my stop-go game when actual games are out.

I got lucky.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Nice boys. :)

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

AlphaKretin posted:

Wrys is a meme in Japan, afaik. That's why multiple lines of his are just his Shadow Dragon recruitment verbatim.

It's not as if goons are above this meme. Just look at the ongoing Shadow Dragon LP's fan art section.

(Also he's on the free rotation so it's not a stretch to expect most players can get him easily.)

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Your bunny boys are beautiful and lovely lil sweeties. Please give then a good home.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Those feathers and orbs were the Twitter quiz reward, right?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

Those feathers and orbs were the Twitter quiz reward, right?

Yep and the crystals were presumably from the amount of people that answered as well.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I doubt it, I don't even have a twitter account. Unless you're referring to the voting gauntlet thing, then I guess it is.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Hahaha holy poo poo I pulled Easter Camilla, Azura, and Marth off of this banner. This is the best luck I've ever had in one of these godamn gatcha games.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

I'm gonna go down in flames every round of this event and I'm still gonna get like 8k feathers from it. I hope no-one else joined team Subaki.

EDIT: Also, this may be purely anecdotal but it seems like you get more diverse teams at low levels. I've had a colorless and a non-blue ally in each of my battles so far.

akulanization fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Apr 7, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I hope they never do a battle royale with a grand battle again. I don't have time to grind out new units for Navarre.

At least I got his three stars but still.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I got 3k feathers from Subaki on my main account (147th having spent all available feathers) and 1800 from my backup that I played 2 battles with.

Bros before ladies.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

I got 3k feathers from Subaki on my main account (147th having spent all available feathers) and 1800 from my backup that I played 2 battles with.

Bros before ladies.

I got rank 892 with Subaki and I still had 200 feathers left over.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Andrast posted:

I got rank 892 with Subaki and I still had 200 feathers left over.

Did you get the thank you letter? It wasn't listed in the rewards so I don't know what the rank cut off was.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Huh, I don't think I like this voting gauntlet poo poo. Why yes I do want to get forced to use three loving reds who can't do any damage at all to Cordelia what kind of bullshit is this

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

sassassin posted:

Did you get the thank you letter? It wasn't listed in the rewards so I don't know what the rank cut off was.

Thank you letter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The White Dragon posted:

Huh, I don't think I like this voting gauntlet poo poo. Why yes I do want to get forced to use three loving reds who can't do any damage at all to Cordelia what kind of bullshit is this

Why are you running a red? It takes two people's units at random (one from your flist if available) and whatever you have in your first slot.