Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Rexroom posted:

From what I gathered from the reviews, the game is great if you wanted Banjo Kazooie to have a graphics bump to this day but not have any of the gameplay improvements such as maps or working camera.

not having a map and working camera is kinda stupid tho

ill pick it up when its $30 or under

Im just waiting for the OG spyro spirtual successor. God, I love those games

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Why do you need a map for a sm64 type of game

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Vikar Jerome posted:

Why do you need a map for a sm64 type of game
Because no map was fine when the levels were small but now they're huge.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
I'm never use the map in zelda and have the mini map turned off. True freedom.

I imagine yl is not that size, i thought they were roughly bj size.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Apparently they expand at certain points. Until they're expanded there's dead-ends everywhere. Sounds super frustrating.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Infinitum posted:

:siren: ATTN Aus Goons :siren:

Target has the best deal for Mario Kart if you're buying physical

Valid until 30/4
eShop is $80AUD

Remember that EBGames price matches as long as you have a picture (So save it to your phone)

Just want to jump in and say thanks for these posts, you saved me like $20 on Zelda at launch. Appreciate it!

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Some of you guys were talking about FAST rmx on the last page, I should share probably the most important trick for going fast (in case someone hasn't already)

A lot, maybe even most of the jump pads just slow you down, so the trick is to boost into jump pads with the wrong colour.
Doing this stops you from going airborne and also gives you a full boost without draining your meter. Even if you only have a tiny bit in your boost meter- if you press it just before touching the jump pad (so you don't run out before touching the jump pad) you'll still get the full boost time as if you had a full meter.

Obviously there are still jumps where you definitely need the height the pads provide, so don't just go boosting into everything with the wrong colour. Kamagori city and Alpine trust are two tracks that come to mind where all the jumps slow you down, you can also do this on the UFO tractor beams :tipshat:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Yo is there a price tag on that Spelunky game? Or should I wait in hopes that they actually bring it to NA someday?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Was there a release date announced for Jackbox Party Pack 3? I can't find it and I was sure I had seen it before.

I'm about to finish Blastermaster after a month playing it on and off on the subway. It's ok, but not great. I could've passed on it and played Shovel Knight again instead tbh.

Feels like lots of parts in the game are sidepaths with absolutely no reward at the end besides some health and weapon power. The bosses are extremely easy and the platforming isn't that challenging.

I dunno, it seems everyone loved it but I thought it was a bit boring. I'm still finishing and the price tag is ok for what it is but I expected something a bit better.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Weird Sandwich posted:

Just want to jump in and say thanks for these posts, you saved me like $20 on Zelda at launch. Appreciate it!

:hfive:
Read http://www.vooks.net/
They do really good coverage of aussie deals

I really want digital for this release, but it is sorely tempting... There is a new EBGames that is opening up near me locally and I think they're having a 10% off store wide sale for a day, so I might be able to snag it for like $55
If I can I'll buy physical

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Was there a release date announced for Jackbox Party Pack 3? I can't find it and I was sure I had seen it before.

April Aussie Coming Soon Section
13th - Jackbox Party Pack 3 - $32.37 AUD (Less than a week!)
18th - Wonderboy Dragons Trap
28th - MK8 Deluxe

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I rely heavily on the map in zelda to orient myself, not to mention literally every other game. Not having one I can pull up will be horrible, since while I do build internal maps easily enough, thats for the real world where i am literally in it. Games are different and I don't have the same intuitive sense for a portal view :(

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Dizz posted:

Yo is there a price tag on that Spelunky game? Or should I wait in hopes that they actually bring it to NA someday?
I would expect that it'll be released in the West (I can't imagine there being too much text to translate), but it looks like it'll be 4.980 Yen which I think is about $50? e: Apparently more like $45.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Ya know what's lame? You can get SOPHIA stuck in a wall in area 5 of blaster Master and have to start over :argh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bad at Mafia
Bad at Vidya Games

The Tale of Kashuno

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Was disappointed at lack of Yooka-Yaylee until May 2, but Jackbox 3 on the 13th makes up for it. Perfect timing since I'll be going back home for the Easter holidays and meeting up with friends!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

May 2nd is actually a lot sooner than I thought it would be.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
My Switch has a dead pixel already :(

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Well its coming out on everything else 11th this month though, so May 2 still feels like a big delay. Hopefully the fact that Playtonic are handling this port will mean less technical issues so it will be worth the wait.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Unmature posted:

My Switch has a dead pixel already :(

As in... it didn't have one and then it did?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Overcooked and Wargroove, where the deets at.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Less than a month when they didn't even have a dev kit until recently. Also that it's so fast indicates they either a) haven't had any significant technical hurdles or b) gave up on making it run well and are just releasing as is.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Kashuno posted:

Ya know what's lame? You can get SOPHIA stuck in a wall in area 5 of blaster Master and have to start over :argh:

It always makes me happy when people properly capitalize SOPHIA.

or talk about blaster master at all, which is a Cool and Good Game

Subatomic Omni-directional Probative Hyper-responsive Indomitable Abdicator

Deviant fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 7, 2017

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Feenix posted:

As in... it didn't have one and then it did?

Unless I just didn't notice it until yesterday, but I've been staring at this thing nonstop since Monday.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

.TakaM posted:

Some of you guys were talking about FAST rmx on the last page, I should share probably the most important trick for going fast (in case someone hasn't already)

I had not learned that trick. Neat!

A little less helpful, but I learned that in Has Been Heroes when you hold the fast-forward button (especially, say, after beating a boss) the voices are pitched up to match the speed.

It's a nice touch.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Power is out, gonna enjoy Switching anyway because superior battery based console :smug:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

LethalGeek posted:

Power is out, gonna enjoy Switching anyway because superior battery based console :smug:

Hope it comes back on in 3 hours

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Unmature posted:

Unless I just didn't notice it until yesterday, but I've been staring at this thing nonstop since Monday.

It's probably more likely a stuck pixel then, but since you can't access the web browser to go to one of those spastic color things that claim to fix it, there's probably not much actual difference.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It sounds like if you WANT YookaLaylee to be good you'll probably like it, it's a perfectly serviceable Banjo followup. It doesn't go above and beyond and present a modern interpretation of the formula (like how, say, Shovel Knight modernized a NES platformer), but if you're dying for a game that feels like if a new Banjo came out in 2001 with HD graphics this will scratch that itch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Soul Glo posted:

It's probably more likely a stuck pixel then, but since you can't access the web browser to go to one of those spastic color things that claim to fix it, there's probably not much actual difference.

You can, there's tutorials for how to get YouTube. It's convoluted and involves failing to login to Facebook on purpose but you can get there

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tender Bender posted:

It sounds like if you WANT YookaLaylee to be good you'll probably like it, it's a perfectly serviceable Banjo followup. It doesn't go above and beyond and present a modern interpretation of the formula (like how, say, Shovel Knight modernized a NES platformer), but if you're dying for a game that feels like if a new Banjo came out in 2001 with HD graphics this will scratch that itch.

A lot of reviews are docking points for glitches and stability problems that have already been patched. I can't blame them, they are reviewing the game they were given, but a lot of complaints are already improved.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

parallelodad posted:

You can, there's tutorials for how to get YouTube. It's convoluted and involves failing to login to Facebook on purpose but you can get there

That's been patched, google is inaccessible now

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Astro7x posted:

Someone had a good post in the thread earlier... let me find it and edit

Here it is:

They automatically upgraded mine to next day UPS shipping both ways. Put it in the mail Friday, got it back today.

Just called them for this; I'm shipping mine back today. Rep said she was going to upgrade my shipping but the label says UPS Ground.
:negative:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I'm about to finish Blastermaster after a month playing it on and off on the subway. It's ok, but not great. I could've passed on it and played Shovel Knight again instead tbh.

Feels like lots of parts in the game are sidepaths with absolutely no reward at the end besides some health and weapon power. The bosses are extremely easy and the platforming isn't that challenging.

I dunno, it seems everyone loved it but I thought it was a bit boring. I'm still finishing and the price tag is ok for what it is but I expected something a bit better.

I feel the same way. I don't consider it "wasted money" but not a game I'd go out of my way to play either.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Underrated Switch feature: 5GHz Wifi, Wii U only supported 2.4GHz, I had to go into my new router and turn that puppy on, a few months ago.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

Just called them for this; I'm shipping mine back today. Rep said she was going to upgrade my shipping but the label says UPS Ground.
:negative:

Waiting until after the weekend to send mine. Wanted to get a little more Zelda in first. Looks like I'll be playing a lot of BOI next week.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
The Yooka Laylee May 2 date is just a rumor right now, unless I'm missing something. I got all excited from this thread and then didn't see anything on Playtonic's Twitter and Google didnt turn up anything besides some unsourced throwaway line in a review somewhere.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Norns posted:

Hope it comes back on in 3 hours

Playing blaster master so I got more than 3 hours for sure, plus a 5000mah battery pack. Plus the car battery if we get that far lol

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.

Kashuno posted:

The game lets you summon SOPHIA III at save points. The main menu tells you how.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Nolgthorn posted:

Underrated Switch feature: 5GHz Wifi, Wii U only supported 2.4GHz, I had to go into my new router and turn that puppy on, a few months ago.

Yes, having a condo rather than a house in the Bay Area means that 2.4 is congested beyond belief. At my old place 2.4 was literally unusable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Vikar Jerome posted:

I'm never use the map in zelda and have the mini map turned off. True freedom.

I imagine yl is not that size, i thought they were roughly bj size.
Stop lyin.

• Locked thread