Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Helter Skelter posted:

If you want to build for bleed procs, you want to build for as much slash damage as possible and ideally have some way of stripping armor reliably.

Something something Tallgeese something Corpro. :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Jabarto posted:

I just got Nyx Prime and am having some fun with her, but there's something I've been wondering about. Apparently her Assimilate augment got changed to absorb friendly fire and this made a lot of people really angry, on the grounds that a teammate could shoot it and drain your energy.

Which is exactly how the unmodded ability works. So I don't know why people are surprised that it got changed or blaming the augment for anything.

People are upset because the augment removed friendly fire, and it was assumed that this was intentional because DE never bothered to fix it for months. Now that it's "working as intended", players are supposed to use it as a nuke that lets them walk around very slowly, but at half of the original range, which is quite small, and for a pitiful amount of damage dealt.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Penis Vanguard posted:

and for a pitiful amount of magnetic damage dealt.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Being on a team with a Limbo is just the worst. You kinda stand around waiting for him to let you do stuff.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

Being on a team with a Limbo is just the worst. You kinda stand around waiting for him to let you do stuff.

I haven't played in a while, but whenever I got sent to Limbo's shadow dimension I'd tap shift/sprint to dodgeroll out of it. Also warframe powers worked regardless of who is or isn't phasehole'd.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Xarbala posted:

I haven't played in a while, but whenever I got sent to Limbo's shadow dimension I'd tap shift/sprint to dodgeroll out of it. Also warframe powers worked regardless of who is or isn't phasehole'd.

That worked up until the rework. Now he spams Cataclysm and a power that freezes all bullets (including yours) in air until whenever he gets bored of interfering.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ElegantFugue posted:

That worked up until the rework. Now he spams Cataclysm and a power that freezes all bullets (including yours) in air until whenever he gets bored of interfering.

That's horrible.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

He might be able to stop time, but he can't stop your fists from smashing into spaceman faces.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Sandweed posted:

Do you want an ability that lets any other player instantly put your energy at zero? Nyx is the frame for you!

Yeah I know but my point is, no one is saying "Absorb is bad". Everyone, without exception, is saying "Assimilate is bad", even though the base ability always worked this way and there's no logical reason to think the augment also wouldn't work this way.

That said I think having an impenetrable shield that absorbs gunfire and releases it in a radial explosion on a frame designed around mind control is really weird and I wouldn't mind seeing Nyx get overhauled.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Xarbala posted:

That's amazing.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Rainuwastaken posted:

I've had mine collecting dust in the arsenal for years now. What do you do to get 100% status, just four hybrid mods?

Four 60/60 mods is all it takes. It's pretty great.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jabarto posted:

Yeah I know but my point is, no one is saying "Absorb is bad". Everyone, without exception, is saying "Assimilate is bad", even though the base ability always worked this way and there's no logical reason to think the augment also wouldn't work this way.

That said I think having an impenetrable shield that absorbs gunfire and releases it in a radial explosion on a frame designed around mind control is really weird and I wouldn't mind seeing Nyx get overhauled.

No one really uses absorb because of all the reasons we outlined (it's bad and your team drains all your energy), we use(d) Assimilate because​ you could move around like the Terminator and not lose all your energy

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

ElegantFugue posted:

I put a forma in my Limbo so I could learn the rework from a fresh start, theoretically.

I really, honestly think I prefer the original setup over the new one. Freezing time hasn't done anything but cause problems so far, and having it on 2 has been a headache. What seems like the combo is his 1, and then his 3. When you're in the middle of a big fight, it's a lot more intuitive to just go 1-2. Even after training myself to do 1-3 for a while, I still end up loving up and freezing my bullets in place.

This is ignoring the part where his 4 is most DPS effective when you don't even use it for the rift effect, but rather the immediate damage. Just activate, deactivate. Clap those hands, Limbo.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I just got a +354% damage Riven for the Vasto.

Annnnnd -104% status duration. Guess I'm not building this for Slash.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Official word on that Zenistar visual bug is that they're keeping it, btw.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I just got a +354% damage Riven for the Vasto.

Annnnnd -104% status duration. Guess I'm not building this for Slash.

Dead is the best status anyhow :black101:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Mimesweeper posted:

Dead is the best status anyhow :black101:

Yeah it has 114% electricity too. It's like a Lex Prime that's been juiced by Volt.

I also got a 162% damage and 53% reload speed decrease Braton Riven that I threw in the Prime version.

They both held up pretty well until I ran into a level 60-65 Corrupted enemies. That armor scaling is ROUGH.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Holy poo poo does that last Octavia quest suck. Now to go get them parts.

e: Oh man those drops. Alright, guess I'll be working on this for a while.

... have you done the Limbo and Nidus quests?

Because the Octavia quest is just a bit too long and repetitive.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I think Nidus wins the "long and repetitive" award by a long shot, both the quest itself and farming the pieces. I never want to do an infested salvage or Index match ever again.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I thought Limbo was a lot dumber than Nidus, but I actually kind of like Index.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The Index when you've got a credit booster and can go all out with Fatal Teleport, Pox, and a Tigris Prime is fun sometimes. 10 mins, close to 200,000 credits, and a chance at Shield Charger and Tether Grenades is okay by me.

Anyone have any other good combos for it? I hear Hek works well too.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 7, 2017

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Rainuwastaken posted:

I've had mine collecting dust in the arsenal for years now. What do you do to get 100% status, just four hybrid mods? Do I need Nano-Applicator?

Because a rapid fire blast-cannon sounds pretty fantastic.

In case it wasn't clear, yes the dual mods are all you need. It has just enough base status chance to work out to 100% after all four of them are installed. Primed Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, and one for Riven. Last slot is up to you, but I've been using Shotgun Spazz for massive ammo dumping.

If you try to replace two dual mods with Nano-Applicator, you can only get to 99.7% status chance. Depends on how much you case to juggle that at a reduced chance. But that means a free slot for more damage potential.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
I've heard some people say Hikou Prime is a great weapon for Saryn, why is that? It's got fairly average status chance and no gimmicks.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

The classiest crazy bullshit magic Half-Elf, you'll ever meet.
I'm guessing because the Covert Explosives mod makes it easy to pop spores.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

What's up with those common tier +status mods? It's like they originally intended them to be additive but changed their minds and made them multiplicative. 7 drain for +15% status is mindbogglingly awful.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Pretty sure that is exactly what happened. Older versions of the mod system were additive. But DE never got around to to giving those mods any relevance.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jabarto posted:

I've heard some people say Hikou Prime is a great weapon for Saryn, why is that? It's got fairly average status chance and no gimmicks.

I've given Hikou Prime plenty of chances and it's pretty good but I just don't like it because self damage with explosives is not handled well in this game. Also I think you need to hit the ground or walls/ceiling around the enemy or Concealed Explosives doesn't go off, if I remember correctly.

Quoting myself:
I've tested most weapons with her.

Primary: Ignis with gas damage and vile acceleration, 4 forma. You can also use any other explosive weapon like Tonkor or Zarr and Synoid Simulor. Quanta Vandal with Vile Acceleration and using the secondary fire will deliver really strong gas procs that spread and kill everything. Shotguns are OK.

Secondary: Pox, Hikou Prime with Concealed Explosives, Akstilleto Prime

Melee: Twin Basolk with Condition Overload, Lesion with Condition Overload, Lacera, Ninkondi

Edit: I have tried pretty much every weapon with her you could imagine, these are by far the best. Usually I roll with Twin Basolk, Pox, and Ignis.

Also the Mire has far too low of a status chance to be useful and the viral damage doesn't spread with Saryn. Only toxin damage (from gas and toxin) spreads with the spores and turns into Viral. The Lesion, when it procs a status, will gain plus 100% toxin for 6 seconds without needing a mod. That's why it is so powerful with not so great-looking stats

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Apr 7, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Baro's got Primed Reach, all the electrical dual-stat mods, and a prisma grakata.

For once, I am in no way disappointed.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Yeah he's real good. Get on and get ducats and cash.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
I'm actually tempted by that Ki'Teer Razza Syandana.

BUT HE'S BURNED ME BEFORE ON STUPID loving CAPES

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

S.D. posted:

I'm actually tempted by that Ki'Teer Razza Syandana.

BUT HE'S BURNED ME BEFORE ON STUPID loving CAPES

Don't lie you're going to buy it. Fashion is the only thing worth suffering for in this game

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
It's a nice looking cape, too.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Wait, is Primed Reach actually worthwhile? It seems kind of lame. The stats boost/damage boost mods seem great, though.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Imagine your whip. Now imagine another whip on the end of your whip.

For your consideration.

Reach...

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Broose posted:

Pretty sure that is exactly what happened. Older versions of the mod system were additive. But DE never got around to to giving those mods any relevance.

No, they were always that awful. It's the puncture mods that used to be practically mandatory.

Sdoots posted:

Wait, is Primed Reach actually worthwhile? It seems kind of lame.
Oh hell yes. It is tremendously good on anything that has decent range to begin with. Slap it on a whip or polearm and start blending rooms.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

My next project will have to be maxing prime reach now, so that my Galatine Prime can count as a ranged weapon.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Primed Reach is ridiculously good. I'm surprised they let it exist.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

If you can only ever get one Primed mod, let it be Primed Reach. It's absolutely bonkers if you enjoy melee in the slightest.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Rainuwastaken posted:

If you can only ever get one Primed mod, let it be Primed Reach. It's absolutely bonkers if you enjoy melee in the slightest.

No I changed my mind, I don't like killing that many enemies at once

Anyway, do resource boosters increase Kuva drop quantities? I have extra plat and not much to spend it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I'm still hoping DE will release Primed Stretch, Intensify and Streamline if only so I can complete that set.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

No I changed my mind, I don't like killing that many enemies at once

Anyway, do resource boosters increase Kuva drop quantities? I have extra plat and not much to spend it on.

Yes!