Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
is it real straight? seems to be a more curly headed thing i guess? used to know a gal who could shampoo and not condition some days which i avoid as much as possible, even skipping washing it altogether insteade of skipping conditioner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

Pretty straight, sometimes just a little wavy depending on weather. Speaking of weather, I think you can get away with more if you don't live where it gets hot as hell and pretty much just have to.

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
yeah more often in the winter, def

even still, some days it just wants conditioner instead of shampoo. just one of those things you get used to (or not)

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

I also have hair

E: I promise

Twenty Four

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

yeah more often in the winter, def

even still, some days it just wants conditioner instead of shampoo. just one of those things you get used to (or not)

Ah, hmm, opposite where I am now I meant, where winter is pretty mild, and summer is basically one of the worst circles of hell and we already hit the 90's a month ago and the 100s are maybe this week or next and the 120s arent impossible this summer.

The showers, shampoo, and all are basically mandantory on an "I went outside today" basis. At least if you want to be presentable around other people, which I'm down for. I do know the more you shampoo the more you have to keep doing it because your body compensates, but when it is super miserable out, there isn't much of a choice.

Different hair types, climates, and habits are always wierd and interesting to me.

I Was The Fury posted:

I also have hair

E: I promise

I believe you friend, no edits needed!

Also eye chat - taking a shower with contacts in once again has left me with burning eyes and regret, but taking them out and putting them back in would have the same result so it is a lose lose scenario no matter what.

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
reading the last few pages made me realize what's the most popular hobby round these here parts

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Twenty Four

Hogge Wild posted:

reading the last few pages made me realize what's the most popular hobby round these here parts

Talking to and making friends? I'm on board!

cda

by Hand Knit
mykki blanco is fire

----------------

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?
I got a new credit card and its expiry date is 4/20, does this mean I can use it to buy drugs without it being a crime??

Also, re: conditioner chat, I have mega curly hair and do conditioner-only all the time, it's real good!

Turtlicious

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fanky Malloons posted:

I got a new credit card and its expiry date is 4/20, does this mean I can use it to buy drugs without it being a crime??

Also, re: conditioner chat, I have mega curly hair and do conditioner-only all the time, it's real good!

in colorado yeah!

----------------

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://twitter.com/rockcock64/status/849287511583195137

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I have really thick and dense hair, and I shampoo 2 or 3 times in one sesh, and never condition. I probably would only need to shampoo every other day, but I like my hair feelin extra clean.

Macnult

if you shampoo daily it'll take like 2-3 days of not shampooing before your hair stops being extra oily

RalphORama
I have dandruff that flares up if I don't shower enough, but my hair gets to oily if I shower too much. Life truly is hell

Robot Made of Meat

My hair is pretty long (see Mr. Willsauce' pix for scale), and reasonably thick. It used to be slightly wavy, but in recent years (OK, decades) it's gotten pretty curly. Depending on the weather, it either comes down in ringlets or it just gets lots of little curls. I shampoo nearly every day, and use conditioner. I can't imagine how horrible it would be either not using conditioner, or not using shampoo.

If I had to choose, It'd be contitioner only, but . . bleah!

Sorry for the amazingly dull post, but also welcome to new BYOB posters! We're glad you joined us!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?
I'm eating cold pineapple from the fridge and it's deliciously chill.

Also, the trick to having no-shampoo-only-conditioner not be a disaster is to have super dry hair that sucks up all moisture in the surrounding environment and transports it to a secret dimension. I'm pretty sure that's how my hair works, anyway.

SulfurMonoxideCute

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Hello. I started lurking again, figured I'd post, because why not?

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Hi. Welcome back.
I like your mesmerizing av.

SulfurMonoxideCute

🐵❌💀

It's going away very soon, I've been told someone is buying one for me within the next day.

City of Glompton

hi picnic princess, what kind of cool new av you gonna get? do you know?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

SulfurMonoxideCute

🐵❌💀

I got my finger badly bit by a monkey while I was working in Belize and now I'm the Monkey Queen so the guilty monkey is going to be my new av.

City of Glompton

congratulations on your ascendance! :) was the bitey monkey cute, at least?

SulfurMonoxideCute

🐵❌💀

I think she was. She was a little insane, though. Happens to confiscated illegal pets. She liked to press her nose against the fence and open and close her mouth at people.

Even after the bite, I would talk to her and make monkey noises at her. I worked with 19 monkeys and most would make happy noises when they saw me because I brought them food and socialization. Some even groomed me, and one was concerned about my finger, gently touching it and inspecting it. It was really great, and I miss them a lot.

This is Mel, the crazy bitey monkey.

City of Glompton

Picnic Princess posted:

I think she was. She was a little insane, though. Happens to confiscated illegal pets. She liked to press her nose against the fence and open and close her mouth at people.

Even after the bite, I would talk to her and make monkey noises at her. I worked with 19 monkeys and most would make happy noises when they saw me because I brought them food and socialization. Some even groomed me, and one was concerned about my finger, gently touching it and inspecting it. It was really great, and I miss them a lot.

:love: she's a cutie. that sounds like a really amazing experience, sans the bite

Fuck My Ass
when I was in Kenya monkeys and poo poo would always still my food. little fuckers.

Thank you, very nice I like. For the insanely win sig.

evergate
hello again, byob.

hope you all are chillin out this late thurs. night/early friday mornin.

City of Glompton

hi evergate

we all chill down here

RealityWarCriminal

:o:
eonwe i just wanted to tell ya i spent time tonight trying to mirror your av so they would spin like one of those weird vehicles that drives on augers. not much time and i shitp[osted alot, but some time.

----------------

Instruction Manuel

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Fanky Malloons posted:

I'm eating cold pineapple from the fridge and it's deliciously chill.

Also, the trick to having no-shampoo-only-conditioner not be a disaster is to have super dry hair that sucks up all moisture in the surrounding environment and transports it to a secret dimension. I'm pretty sure that's how my hair works, anyway.

Dang, I wish I had some fridge pineapple right now.

Picnic Princess posted:

What kind of conversations do you have with the monkeys? Do you also talk about your hair to them like what's going on in here, now?

TOOT BOOT

I would love to have my food stolen by a little monkey

SulfurMonoxideCute

🐵❌💀

Wamdoodle posted:

What kind of conversations do you have with the monkeys? Do you also talk about your hair to them like what's going on in here, now?

It was kind of like, making a particular almost F shape with my lips and making a really breathy "F F F F F F F F" sound. It's how spider monkeys say "I like you and want to be your friend". I was apparently really good at it according to the staff who was there for years.

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Picnic Princess posted:

Hello. I started lurking again, figured I'd post, because why not?

how did you become monkey royalty

SulfurMonoxideCute

🐵❌💀

Lastgirl posted:

how did you become monkey royalty

Click it!

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

whoa its clickable~

also gnaarrly~

the healing process is fascinating, at one point it looked like u had no finger and then at the end u got it back :eyepop:

Twenty Four

Monkeys got some wierd mouth bacteria or something!

Congratulations on still having a finger!

femcastra

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Hi thread, I just got a new tattoo and so did my husband. Here is mine:

cda

by Hand Knit

City of Glompton posted:

we all chill down here

lol is there a pic of this

----------------

death sext

I have a scar from a monkey. A confiscated illegal pet, much like in Picnic Princess's case. He was given cigarettes by his owners and really didn't appreciate not having those anymore, so he was a grumpy dude. Grabbed my hand when I was putting some watermelon in his dish and scratched the heck outta me.

And that is just one piece in the saga of how I became so rugged.

cda

by Hand Knit
I wonder if there are more people with monkey bites in BYOB or PI

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

is there a cocktail called a monkey bite? because it feels like there should be