Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

So what's the rundown on best guns? Without the ME3 firing range, I just don't have the gumption to craft/find/buy a dozen different assault rifles and trot them out one at a time at forward base. Any particularly good augments also?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

The "don't preorder games" mantra should be expanded to "don't buy games within six months of their release".

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

So what's the rundown on best guns? Without the ME3 firing range, I just don't have the gumption to craft/find/buy a dozen different assault rifles and trot them out one at a time at forward base. Any particularly good augments also?

Remnant SMG with the milky way electric augmentation and a large magazine mod installed.

Yes you will need to move around a lot. That's fine. If you're a standoff sniper kind of player look elsewhere.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

Black Widow sniper and Dhan shotgun, in combination.
(I like big damage numbers)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Lone Badger posted:

Black Widow sniper and Dhan shotgun, in combination.
(I like big damage numbers)

You should be looking at the Angaran one shot sniper & pistol.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
finished the main adventure, i must say i liked the game, the main story was good and the ending felt like what me3's ending should have been in my mind

cant wait for the dlc!!!! hope theres going to be a kett companion in andromeda 2

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
Didn't they say you'd be able to skip Tempest landing and taking off cut scenes in 1.05? Doesn't seem to work for me.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Airfoil posted:

Didn't they say you'd be able to skip Tempest landing and taking off cut scenes in 1.05? Doesn't seem to work for me.

I thought they were talking about the transition scenes in space.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I thought they were talking about the transition scenes in space.

Possibly. I find the cut scenes much more annoying.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Good weapons?

I like the PAW, is a relic automatic rifle that shot a laser beam.
I have a sniper rifle that shot a bullet that explode like a rocket.

A few of the smg (technically pistols) have a good rate of fire and decent damage.
For a long time I have used a automatic rifle that shots in semi-auto mode a small grenade. Splash damage => better crowd control

I universally hate almost all weapons in this game. A "biotic god" feels much better.

I have seen Total Biscuit play with a shotgun in a video, and it looked neat, but ingame they feel puny and unpractical, maybe I am just bad at videogames.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sorry this has probably been asked, but can I turn off the big 'NUMBER 6' labels on the conversation UI?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

Sorry this has probably been asked, but can I turn off the big 'NUMBER 6' labels on the conversation UI?

Go to keybindings and rebind them all to Num1 or something and then clear the last binding.

Using Clear Binding initially seems bugged.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Airfoil posted:

Possibly. I find the cut scenes much more annoying.

Sorry, the planet landing and system transition scenes are unskippable because those are really just fancy loading screens. The ones they made skippable are the flights between planets inside a system, which were hiding nothing and existed merely to... look pretty?

Of course, the landing scenes themselves are a fixed duration, and if you have a decent computer then it's probably done loading assets before they finish, but oh well! Mass Effect 2 had a similar deal, and there was a simple tweak PC users could employ that would let you prematurely end the 'loading scene' once all the assets got done. However, I wouldn't count on a handy hack like that materializing for ME:A. We're on the Frostbite engine now, which is a lot more locked down than the Unreal engine used by ME 1-3.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Apr 7, 2017

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Zzulu posted:

is there any good stuff to do on that poo poo planet. I stumbled on a quest to free some space whales or whatever but I was too lazy to finish it. Is it any good?

No. The first camp you find is empty so you track them (read: follow the quest marker) somewhere else, you kill everyone in a small-to-mid sized cavern and at the end is a lab with one angara who suprise surprise tells you her sole motivation is killing the animals is research to help her own race. Why everyone is shooting the gently caress out of you on sight is a mystery, then. You can choose to stop her or let her continue (if you have Jaal he basically tells you it's up to you because it's HARD. I haven't finished the game but from what I've gathered none of this has any influence on anything.

Except for setting up the base I really liked the planet, driving like some loving madman from the top of the mountains.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The Voeld architect fight is also mildly interesting compared to the other three since there's an environmental hazard thrown into the mix.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lightning Knight posted:

no no no this poo poo was dumb in Fallout 4 and it would've been dumb here too.

A system by which over the course of the game you can take further steps to visually improve the condition of the planets and your colonies visually grew in size as people were thawed out of cryo would've been cool, but for god's sake don't add city management on top of a game with unnecessary open world and crafting elements.

So I've restarted as a girl and so far I feel like Sara Ryder's voice acting is fairly good, and it feels more consistent than male Ryder's (though I feel his is also pretty fine all things considered), and her standard facial animations seem to be fairly good so far post-patch.

I liked that part of Fallout 4! I created entire towns, revived a dead wasteland, all for a singular purpose: building me a god drat laser sight.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RBA Starblade posted:

I liked that part of Fallout 4! I created entire towns, revived a dead wasteland, all for a singular purpose: building me a god drat laser sight.

You are what is wrong with gamers

Serf
May 5, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Same, comrade. I wasted hours building up the settlements and just placing poo poo around the place to make it seem more inhabited. It was like fooling around in the old Creation Kit but actually in the game and a lot less of a hassle. I never messed around with the main story in Fallout 4 because it seemed dumb, but building stuff and crafting my own weapons was fun as hell.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

The tweaks they've done on models and eyes have added a lot of warmth to various characters. It feels like their lighting system has gotten a few tweaks too because Elaaden's lightning looks phenomenal now.

Seeing the landscape actually reflect off of my dude's eyes make me go "Yes, we're almost at 2010 levels, boys. Just a few more tweaks."

Realtalk but the skin and lighting do feel like they've been worked on a bit.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is it just my lovely eyesight, or did they make the subtitles smaller? They were right on the edge of readable before (and kind of impossible depending on the background) but now they seem harder to read even with a dark background.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That poo poo already looked good for me

Is this a low graphical settings issue

I remember screens being posted itt where peoples eyes were super creepy, almost completely white and weird. But they never looked like that in my game

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zzulu posted:

That poo poo already looked good for me

Is this a low graphical settings issue

I remember screens being posted itt where peoples eyes were super creepy, almost completely white and weird. But they never looked like that in my game

Are you on ultra? I'm on high and had the white sclera thing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah ultra. They had normal looking eyes with red in them and stuff

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Vanderdeath posted:

I think you mean he's the motherfucking Kurgan.

:yeah:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zzulu posted:

Yeah ultra. They had normal looking eyes with red in them and stuff

I wonder if this isn't another exciting holdover from Inquisition. I remember if you had your settings on anything but max certain things like hair would render like complete garbage.

Speaking of which the hair in this game look pretty crap compared to Inquisition.

Also I found some Pathfinder armor with the N7 logo on it by default. It looks pretty good. My color scheme is dark blue, light tan, and deep red.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
on the topic of weapons, my inventory for most of the game for insanity was the kett sword that heals you (cephalon?), a hurricane with the bio mod, and a piranha with damage mods. throw in a high damage low ammo assault rifle or pistol of any kind and you're good

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
started a new playthrough... why the gently caress are there so goddamn many unskippable scenes during the whole 'intro to SAM poo poo' thing? even when ppl are just standing around talking and I'm mashing space, nothing is happening. argggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

and don't tell me it's impossible to skip a talking scene with ppl moving around. Just skip to the end of the moving around crap ffs

e. gently caress it, I just rage uninstalled the game. maybe I'll give it another try in a few months after bioware figures out how to make it a real game.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Apr 7, 2017

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay !

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
hey look a mass effect thread that hasnt spawned a single smiley

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

GenericOverusedName posted:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay !

I find Mass Effect Androme play a lot like a episode of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIdFa1qLgNQ

..but thats me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

sneakyfrog posted:

hey look a mass effect thread that hasnt spawned a single smiley

We already have an appropriate one in :stare:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/ACxdLKi.gifv

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Aiiiii :gonk:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Cora out here being Rachel Dolezal

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Look, it's how she sees herself, OK? She clearly self-identifies as an Asari trapped in a Human body.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
But that's clearly a human trapped in an Asari's body.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The initial posemakes her look like she's wearing an Asari mask.

ASARI-WOMAN! BIOTICALLY FIGHTING CRIME!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Cora finally achieved her dream :unsmith: you go girl!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

We joke, but I'd say there's a non-zero chance that some future DLC includes a scene where Cora dresses up as an Asari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Skippy McPants posted:

We joke, but I'd say there's a non-zero chance that some future DLC includes a scene where Cora dresses up as an Asari.

wouldnt that be pretty much the future equivalent of blackface? Welp gotta :sever: