Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Haha, "Raini" for "Raimi" isn't too bad as far as phoneposting typos go. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Last I heard, Freeform was also developing a Cloak & Dagger series that's a romance or something. I think Marvel's running out of good characters to adapt into live action.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cloak and Dagger has already begun filming.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
So has the Hulu Runaways, hasn't it?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Inhumans premise:

“After the Royal Family of Inhumans is splintered by a military coup, they barely escape to Hawaii where their surprising interactions with the lush world and humanity around them may prove to not only save them, but Earth itself.”

It's a magical place.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

zoux posted:

Inhumans premise:

“After the Royal Family of Inhumans is splintered by a military coup, they barely escape to Hawaii where their surprising interactions with the lush world and humanity around them may prove to not only save them, but Earth itself.”

It's a magical place.

Seriously?

It's an Earth Girls Are Easier scenario?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Skwirl posted:

I really don't want to see Darkhawk's armor on a live action tv budget.

Just recycle Deathlok's costume and add a helmet!

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

zoux posted:

Inhumans premise:

It's a magical place.

Seriously? What the gently caress.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

zoux posted:

Inhumans premise:

It's a magical place.

Why don't you just make them use the set from Full House while you're at it.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I know we're not supposed to jump to conclusions, but if that premise is real, it just killed a lot of interest I had just because it sounds so loving corny and contrived. Here's hoping it's just awful people in the marketing department making it sound worse than it is.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Scott Buck - Making the Amazing fit for Sitcom Viewing

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Watch out for polar bears and smoke monsters Mr. Boltagon.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I legit would not be surprised if we never see Attilan.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

notthegoatseguy posted:

I legit would not be surprised if we never see Attilan.

Given how Iron Fist turned out, I agree 100%.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
TV executive 1: you know how people seem to love it when movies and tv shows based on comic books go full bore on the insanity of comic books by showing cool powers, ridiculous costumes, weird science, and comic book locations?
Tv executive 2: yes?
Tv executive 1: we don't have the budget for any of it. Get me the writer of Fuller House.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Boy howdy am I glad the Inhumans movie is dead so we can get a Royal Family vacation tv series.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't care about Attilan that much.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ToastyPotato posted:

Boy howdy am I glad the Inhumans movie is dead so we can get a Royal Family vacation tv series.

Lockjaw running on the beach and then shaking off while Medusa is trying to tan sounds like a scene too good for this.

I hope that summery is really off, and I think it might be because it looked like the set photos they were in a major city, which I don't think Honolulu is.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

I hope that summery is really off, and I think it might be because it looked like the set photos they were in a major city, which I don't think Honolulu is.

It's the state capital, surely?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hawaii is a...uh...non-intuitive choice for an Inhumans series, but okay. But at least they're getting introduced to the best of humanity right at the outset? v:v:v

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

zoux posted:

I don't care about Attilan that much.

Tis a silly place.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hope they like pineapple on their pizza :ohdear:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Hope they like pineapple on their pizza :ohdear:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

twistedmentat posted:

Lockjaw running on the beach and then shaking off while Medusa is trying to tan sounds like a scene too good for this.

I just pictured that scene in slow motion set to the Baywatch theme.

Thank you so much.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I don't know why but I keep picturing Thunder In Paradise instead of either Hawaii-50, Baywatch, Magnum PI, or Lost.

Like I see in my mind's eye Anson Mount piloting that sweetass speedboat wind in his hair, and then all the other royals including the dog crammed into the rest of the boat because it was actually pretty small.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's the state capital, surely?

Actually looking at the pictures again, they could be in Honolulu, for some reason I thought they were in a more old East Coast city, but nope, I was wrong.

Medullah posted:

I just pictured that scene in slow motion set to the Baywatch theme.

Thank you so much.

I'll be there!
*Lockjaw running across the beach in slow motion with tongue flopping around*

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

twistedmentat posted:

I'll be there!
*Lockjaw running across the beach in slow motion with tongue flopping around*

Yeah I kinda hate you for getting the theme stuck in my head now even before you started typing lyrics.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I can't wait for Black Bolt to team up with the guy from Lost and girl from Battlestar Galactica to solve crimes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Longbaugh01 posted:

Yeah I kinda hate you for getting the theme stuck in my head now even before you started typing lyrics.

It shows how insanely popular Baywatch is that even though I've never watched an episode, I know exactly how it was presented.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If they crossover with the new Baywatch with the rock I'll watch it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My guess is the IMAX stuff will have Attilan and be the whole battle thing, then the show is the Inhuman's Family Vacation

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Now I'm even more curious to see how they'll introduce the Royal Family in Agents of Shield, since that's the only way for them to advertise this miniseries in universe.

...Is someone going to just open a door to see Lockjaw the 1200 pound non sequitur?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I'd expect a secondary character from Inhumans to show up on SHIELD at most and then for SHIELD to basically never directly reference the Inhumans show again, judging by how Marvel TV works.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ToastyPotato posted:

I'd expect a secondary character from Inhumans to show up on SHIELD at most and then for SHIELD to basically never directly reference the Inhumans show again, judging by how Marvel TV works.

If we are lucky Finn jones will be shuffled off to AoS

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I'd like to see him get beat down by Daisy or May, sure.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

I'd like to see him get beat down by Daisy or May, sure.

Did you ever watch iron fist?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Nope! So all those reports I've heard of poor action scenes and Jones' unconvincing fighting aren't true?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ToastyPotato posted:

If AoS even gets a 5th season.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Takezio posted:

Now I'm even more curious to see how they'll introduce the Royal Family in Agents of Shield, since that's the only way for them to advertise this miniseries in universe.

...Is someone going to just open a door to see Lockjaw the 1200 pound non sequitur?

Why would they? Did any of the Netflix poo poo get mentioned on Agents of Shield?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I mean, the situation is a little different 'cuz the revelation of Inhumans has been the biggest ongoing plot -- arguably, one of the only ongoing plots -- on Agents of SHIELD for like three seasons straight now. Many of the recurring characters on the show are Inhumans, along with the literal main character (again, there's some room for debate, but I would genuinely consider Daisy to be the show's main character). There's far, far more reason for the Inhuman royal family to show up on AoS -- or vice versa -- than there is for some random vigilantes from NYC to show up.