Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

god drat it is so satisfying in duo to get "ambushed" by two guys when you see the door open up and you 360 shotgun them both and take no damage

what are some good tips for duo y'all have found, I know "finding a house with only one set of stairs up" is a pro tip for every game mode, but starting out do you both head to houses very close by? the same house?

obviously the dacia is the fastest car, but does the jeep provide more protection?

I think it's a little easier to see the people in the jeep, but it's pretty obvious where to shoot at all the cars if you want to hit heads. I always try to loot different houses than my duo unless it feels really dangerous or it just wastes quite a bit of time, but I try to stay somewhat close so we can back each other up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Scarecow posted:

Is anyone else really over the rng element of the end game? Having a bubble spawn on the edge of the current one and you being loving miles away from it really sucks

I'm fine with it I just wish the last closes happened a little slower and they weren't in some poo poo field with zero cover 99 times out of 100.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

anyone have some pro rear end starting locations? my favorite so far, and this might seem weird, but northeast Georgopol

everyone with koth experience thinks everyone else is going to go there, so they just don't go, leaving me to murder some idiot new players and take one of the many spawned cars

unrelated but absolute worst building ive ever seen is the circular one where the upper level is much bigger than the lower level and has stairs going up

the visibility is mediocre from there but if someone finds you you're hosed because there's one way out and they probably have grenades

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

StarMinstrel posted:

Is it me or the health you lose per tick outside the white zone is proportional to the distance the blue circle has to travel from the end of the countdown? I seem to have noticed a huge difference between say the first constriction and some the end game ones.

Every round of if closing it does a little more damage. Also, when it is fully closed and stops moving, it does way more damage then when it is closing.

what are some good tips for duo y'all have found, I know "finding a house with only one set of stairs up" is a pro tip for every game mode, but starting out do you both head to houses very close by? the same house?

Drop onto a car at the start and make a beeline for a good loot spawn that isn't in parachute range. Loot up for the 1st circle, then start working your way in. Taking damage from the 1st circle because you were so far away isn't horrible if you had a whole town to yourself and are loaded up on meds. From that point, just circle hump your way into every circle, trying to keep the short side at your back.

Orv posted:

I'm fine with it I just wish the last closes happened a little slower and they weren't in some poo poo field with zero cover 99 times out of 100.

Had one that finished at the school, it was intense, got it down to 1v1 and was flipping out on every room.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Orv posted:

One time the circle ended on the hilly terrain with all the ruins southwest of Rozhok. That was probably the best one I've ever seen, there was so much cover and obstruction around that it was a wild running firefight down to the very last second. I really do with there was a bit more weighting so that there'll be at least some kind of environmental feature around every time.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
Played duos and my friend got snuck up on and murdered right away in his house. Since it was so close to the beginning and all I had was a frying pan I decided to get ballsy and charged into his house. Both were looting his body so I killed both of em with just a pan.

10/10 GOTY

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

This is going to ruin the game unless it can be prevented.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

willie_dee posted:

This is going to ruin the game unless it can be prevented.

there's cheats like that for every fps game ever

they are extremely not prevalent and pubg staff have responded to a few reddit posts with "these players have been banned"

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I really prefer when the circle closes on areas with buildings, its a lot more fun than an open field or open field with two trees.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Whats the trick to getting scopes to work? I put a red dot on and it worked one time I zoomed in, the rest of the games my guy just half assed raising his gun up to aim and both my 4x and red dot didn't work. Also sks or m16 or ak? Whats your favorite loadout? I'm really good at navigating and hiding :D not so good at the killing dudes part

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 7, 2017

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Whats the trick to getting scopes to work? I put a red dot on and it worked one time I zoomed in, the rest of the games my guy just half assed raising his gun up to aim and both my 4x and red dot didn't work.

Tap the right mouse to look down sights, hold for 3rd person aiming. Hold shift while looking down sights to steady and get a bit more zoom.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Whats the trick to getting scopes to work? I put a red dot on and it worked one time I zoomed in, the rest of the games my guy just half assed raising his gun up to aim and both my 4x and red dot didn't work.

Click once to put your scope up

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Whats the trick to getting scopes to work? I put a red dot on and it worked one time I zoomed in, the rest of the games my guy just half assed raising his gun up to aim and both my 4x and red dot didn't work. Also sks or m16 or ak? Whats your favorite loadout? I'm really good at navigating and hiding :D not so good at the killing dudes part

Click right click, don't hold.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

they are extremely not prevalent

LOL

The only meaningful anti-cheat is knowledgeable spectators, which is just not a practical thing in this type of game. Cheating will always be extremely prevalent in this genre.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I honestly don't think I can point to any of my deaths and say with any certainty that it was due to hacking.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

K8.0 posted:

LOL

The only meaningful anti-cheat is knowledgeable spectators, which is just not a practical thing in this type of game. Cheating will always be extremely prevalent in this genre.

ok bud

if theyre hacking then theyre doing a great job of only shooting me when I do stupid poo poo

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.

VikingSkull posted:

I honestly don't think I can point to any of my deaths and say with any certainty that it was due to hacking.

Same, fam. Either they hit me from behind or they've always seemed to have a better position/equipment.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGNJN2Q7gbE

good strat

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
It seems like the world just is never loading in for me when I land, and all the houses are blobby N64 messes. And whenever I try to go in anywhere it's clearly not loaded and I start falling through the world. Is this the server's fault, or should I redownload the game, or what?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

It seems like the world just is never loading in for me when I land, and all the houses are blobby N64 messes. And whenever I try to go in anywhere it's clearly not loaded and I start falling through the world. Is this the server's fault, or should I redownload the game, or what?

Try verifying the integrity of cache or whatever

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I had this problem until I moved my game to my SSD. I had on HDD and it took 45 - 90 seconds after landing until buildings fully spawned

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

creatine posted:

I had this problem until I moved my game to my SSD. I had on HDD and it took 45 - 90 seconds after landing until buildings fully spawned

Bluh, only have an external, which I doubt is faster than this (slightly older) hdd. Guess I just need to wait for them to work on technical fixes?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just found out I love this game holy poo poo.

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

I want to play this game, but I get horrible lag spikes when moving from area to area, or landing in, etc.

I've tried throwing in some launch options, lowering everything to low and tried verifying cache. No luck! The fps itself isn't the problem, it's the few seconds of loading/thrashing of some system resource that's killing me. Any other options open to me? It'd be real nice if there was troubleshooting FAQ in the OP.

If anything I've been enjoying watching others play the game :shobon:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the patch coming out next week (that WAS out yesterday but got pulled due to a memory leak) supposedly greatly improves performance across the board and cuts down on a lot of lag/performance issues, maybe hold off on playing until then if you still want to be in refund territory

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

anyone have some pro rear end starting locations? my favorite so far, and this might seem weird, but northeast Georgopol

I like to start at the southern point of Pochinki in a small group of 5 houses with my squad. We loot those 5 houses and walk away with a couple shotguns at worst and a handful of smgs and rifles at beast and just start clearing our way north through the town up to the 3 story building with a garage at the northern point of town and we like to hunker down there.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Depending on the flight path, I just dive bomb into the 100% car spawns. Drive to one of the high loot areas (military preferred) the furthest away from the flight path and just hope that luck is on your side in terms of loot and squads having the same idea as you.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Constellation I posted:

Depending on the flight path, I just dive bomb into the 100% car spawns. Drive to one of the high loot areas (military preferred) the furthest away from the flight path and just hope that luck is on your side in terms of loot and squads having the same idea as you.

In squad mode, I've ended up in a few groups of three that are using this tactic now. Seems like its gaining popularity.

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

Just needs a bit of tweaking so you don't DIE IN THE END

That is funny as old get out.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Welcome to Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, in which your squadmates shotgun you in the back to take your stuff.

Goddamn Hippy
Jan 18, 2006
Gee wizz this game is super neat. One win in solo and 2 in team. My advice is be patient and let them come to you. Also watch topographical elevations in the landscape and use them to your advantage instead of the end game bollywood jamboree.

The idea of multiple maps for this game makes me warm and squishy.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The idea of optimization makes me feel the same

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Until you realize the encryption on unreal engine textures is poop so people just change the alpha on them to be transparent using freely available Nvidia plugins for photoshop and repackage the texture libraries.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Martytoof posted:

I hope that patch comes soooooooon

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Martytoof posted:

Speaking of optimization, I just want to not die by getting stuck in non-existent crates when they finally decide they exist.

I would also like the ability to open doors before they decide they exist and not after a minute of people looting the houses around me.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Had a good run with the squad tonight, pushed my squad ranking up to 1,191 in the NA servers. :feelsgood:

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/134180349

Hm apparently this is a thing

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Bluh, only have an external, which I doubt is faster than this (slightly older) hdd. Guess I just need to wait for them to work on technical fixes?

Are you saying you have the game installed on an external drive? I'm assuming it's USB? Yeah, don't do that. With any even remotely demanding game.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Internet Explorer posted:

Are you saying you have the game installed on an external drive? I'm assuming it's USB? Yeah, don't do that. With any even remotely demanding game.

No, I'm saying that's my only alternative, which means I won't be doing that.

I've been meaning to get a new hard drive for ages, but I want an ssd too, so I'm torn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

puberty worked me over posted:

Until you realize the encryption on unreal engine textures is poop so people just change the alpha on them to be transparent using freely available Nvidia plugins for photoshop and repackage the texture libraries.

Seems like a lot of effort. I quickly looked into this and I don't even understand how you're opening unreal asset files in photoshop. Either way it seems stupid ti imply a strat is invalid because like 0.1% of the playerbase is going to use some obscure cheat.

Akumos fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Apr 8, 2017

• Locked thread