Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
:laffo: there's no way there won't be a 2.6.4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

"No 2.7 confirmed" => "a fat idiot who's constantly wrong said he doesn't think there will be a 2.7"

Cool definition of confirmed.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

http://i.imgur.com/zOEjakl.mp4

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I guess I should be thankful he didn't go with something even lamer like Hades, Pyro, Nexus or Terra

I'm going to live in Terra, but not that Terra, the other one.

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Terra

quote:

This article isn't about the "Terra System" as a whole, but rather about one planet named Terra. The formal name for the solar system that Terra sits in hasn't been described in the lore, yet.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

I guess I should be thankful he didn't go with something even lamer like Hades, Pyro, Nexus or Terra

To be fair, cliches are a dime a dozen in science fiction.

It's why I tend to subscribe to the T Pratchett school of planetary naming, and my home planet in Stellaris is 'Bad rear end'.

peter gabriel posted:

I hate Star Citizen

Good, good, let the anger flow....

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Chalks posted:

"No 2.7 confirmed" => "a fat idiot who's constantly wrong said he doesn't think there will be a 2.7"

Cool definition of confirmed.

"3.0 schedule next week confirmed" => "they are working on it"

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Man, that's gonna be awesome in VR

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Its not like ben "two weeks to starmarine" lesnick has ever been misleading.
:allears:

http://www.justagamemode.com/

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Foo Diddley posted:

Man, that's gonna be awesome in VR

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

- Guys, how hosed are we?
- Yes.

http://i.imgur.com/HR0MFe6.mp4

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
ben so fat when he's on around the verse he's around the verse

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

You know, if my game were more than two years late, with rumors of Chris Roberts playing movie director for more than half the budget, and constant problems with his preferred choice of shooting, i might be worried that the only actual, real development anyone has ever seen is endless motion capture shoots of baffling things like floor mopping and every aspect of someone eating lunch.

Wait did I say worried, I meant buy more ships.

games dead jim

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

you dumbs really need to stop skipping posts :colbert:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Somebody, caption this. Or give him a beret and fuzzy mikes.

http://i.imgur.com/p9JigVh.mp4

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ben so fat when he's on around the verse he's around the verse

Ben's so fat that small moons feel disgusted.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i hope ben finds the willpower to lose a significant amount of weight and improve his overall health

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

A loose canon, a tough nut with a heart of gold in the cut and thrust world of space. She's turned her badge in but has come out of retirement for one last assignment, she may not play by the rules but she gets the job done in the cut and thrust world of space. With her rag tag team of misfits and space ship that looks like hell but gets the job done and is the fastest ship around she cuts through red tape and bullshit to get results, no one stands in her way, even herself. As she reflects on life she gives us a glimpse of her real self, inner demons and all. Then, with a swig of whisky and a snarl she's off once more to get things done with no bullshit in the cut and thrust world of space. Her one weakness is her love for one man, they call him Ace and he's a hard assed stubble faced rogue. Last she saw of him was in the 76 quadrant when poo poo hit the fan in space. How was she to know the aliens would be there? She may have well signed his own death warrant and she knows it. Every day she lives in space with a bad attitude and it's all to do with that. Ace never stood a chance in the end with all the aliens but they never found a body in space. Could Ace still be out there somewhere in space? "Pull yourself together Pusher" Pusher says to herself and spits a spitty spit and gets in here spaceship and flies away.

PUSHER storms out of the room

ADMIRAL BISHOP: (about PUSHER) I hope she heeds my words about dealing with this in an orthodox space manner.

Lt Cmdr STEVE "OLD MAN" COLTON: She will. She's the best drat pilot on the space wing, or any other space wing for that matter.

BISHOP: She's a wild space card.

COLTON: But I'm glad she's in our space deck.

BISHOP: Let's hope she plays a fair space hand.

COLTON: She'll come up space trumps.

BISHOP: If there's not a joker in the pack, and sometimes there is!

PAUSE

BISHOP: ... in space.

Extract of script by Ryan Archer, do not steal.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

:laffo: there's no way there won't be a 2.6.4

Counterpoint: they could fold before getting past 2.6.3z

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sunswipe posted:

PUSHER storms out of the room

ADMIRAL BISHOP: (about PUSHER) I hope she heeds my words about dealing with this in an orthodox space manner.

Lt Cmdr STEVE "OLD MAN" COLTON: She will. She's the best drat pilot on the space wing, or any other space wing for that matter.

BISHOP: She's a wild space card.

COLTON: But I'm glad she's in our space deck.

BISHOP: Let's hope she plays a fair space hand.

COLTON: She'll come up space trumps.

BISHOP: If there's not a joker in the pack, and sometimes there is!

PAUSE

BISHOP: ... in space.

Extract of script by Ryan Archer, do not steal.

Man she's a loose canon

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://sputniknews.com/in_depth/201704071052402474-star-citizen-how-gamers-created-their-own-universe/

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

GTFO with your fakey fake news.

edit: But giving interviews to Sputnik seems somehow strangely fitting. I wonder when they get airdropped a pallet of Russian cash to launder.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Hav posted:

Shame. While you're here, we can go through the list of things that they've managed to sort out.

Guild Wars

(Credit: SomethingJones)

They're going to remake the original Guild Wars?!. Completionist package, here I come!

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Even if all gods (religion+scifi) joined forces they couldnt deliver that.

PRAISE (C)ROBBERS!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

There's just no amount of :rolleyes: to do this justice

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Although it does confirm MoMA's "summer" prediction so I guess we either have confirmation, or I just doxxed him

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Planning stages.

Early days.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
"Pull yourself together Pusher" Pusher says to herself and spits a spitty spit and gets in here spaceship and flies away.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.
What a fantastic update. Anyone can easily crash the server:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha/SC-40231-Causing_server_lag_and_fps_drops_crash_

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Not the first time this has happened.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Although it does confirm MoMA's "summer" prediction so I guess we either have confirmation, or I just doxxed him

I'm not doxxable.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Exactly how much does it cost for this kind of puff piece? A media buy in some larger online publication would be pricey (if they would take money at all for selling out their scruples). Is a piece in Sputnik News dot biz somewhere in the price range of hundreds of dollars? Tens of dollars?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

hot balls man no homo posted:

Exactly how much does it cost for this kind of puff piece? A media buy in some larger online publication would be pricey (if they would take money at all for selling out their scruples). Is a piece in Sputnik News dot biz somewhere in the price range of hundreds of dollars? Tens of dollars?

Just ask them , hey I have a video game nowhere near finished and I need you to write a super positive article on it

Please read from this provided marketing material , ignore the 'twitch streamers script' scratched off the top of the page

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm not doxxable.

I can't wait to see all the "major systems" implemented this year and the huge release this "summer"

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

I can't wait to see all the "major systems" implemented this year and the huge release this "summer"

Stop doxxing me.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm not doxxable.

Toast just threw down the gauntlet

:boom:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Alright. But this time I'm going to role play as Derek, so before we can get down and nasty I'm going to read all of the blogs to you starting from the first one. I figure this will get us all in the mood and whichever one of you is Cymellion can stop and tell me how wrong I am every few paragraphs. But you must do it in blog format, and I need to rebuke you in 160 character or less comments.

It's going to be a fun night guys I hope you are ready for this. :pervert:

I'll get my printout of the Stimpire.txt ready and waiting for a hot night of pvp action with you for sure!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
fuckin lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkO04zW0i_E

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Emergent Gameplay 2.0

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
3.0 will be great because the second every single citizen tries to log on, poo poo is going to break in spectacular ways they can't imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sillybones posted:

Derek is insane and so are you.

I think eccentric is the term you are searching for friendo.