Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Kurtofan posted:

hummmm yeah that's my poo poo

edit; hahahah he believes the gassing happened to cover for susna rice??

Well yeah, obviously. Why would things happen that weren't planned because of American events, the only ones that matter? Doesn't make sense.

Edit: oh I page sniped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Trogdos! posted:

the ben take is in

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

whomupclicklike posted:

I severely don't get this

Neither does Stantis.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Prickly City is the chronicle of one man withdrawing into catatonia. Every strip is a sign of randomly firing neurons as his brain shuts down

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

whomupclicklike posted:

I severely don't get this

I think it's just "ha ha stupid liberals complaining about mansplaining", but I'm honestly not sure.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I think it's just "ha ha stupid liberals complaining about mansplaining", but I'm honestly not sure.

It is, Stantis is that terrible at writing jokes.

Trogdos! posted:

the ben take is in

It's amazing how his own comic doesn't mention that Trump ordered the missiles, just the argument for and against.

Shoving Rand into the comic brings up a fun question: what are the odds Garrison switches his praise a personified Garrison viewpoint while ignoring Trump vs actually portraying Trump as wrong?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Is "well, let me say" the new "um, actually"?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

No Ramirez, that's Assad. He's the president of Syria, not the country itself.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

No Ramirez, that's Assad. He's the president of Syria, not the country itself.

Ramirez is about to resume ordinary turbohawk status so look forward to that distinction never being made ever.

Garrison slowly realizing his beloved husbando is actually just a rude but otherwise bog-standard Republican is starting to become my favorite trend in the thread.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

How can you keep going on as a cartoonist when your poo poo is constantly lagging behind the times with a 2 week delay? I know it's just the funny pages but how do you as a newspaper editor look at this and not go "Well the US just bombed a Syrian air base and the duck is complaining about people texting in line at quiznos."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Kurtofan posted:

haa stantis has learned a new word

Well, I'm not sure he "learned" it as such.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

So Syria is a hero for stopping the terrible and deadly wave of children that was going to crush the United States?

VanOwen
Oct 8, 2011

Any group that controls this many fonts and is bold enough to use all these exclamation marks must be incredibly powerful! And soon, in fact this Thursday in the cafetorium, I shall become their leader!
I don't understand. Why is that not a picture of O'Bummer and why isn't the scythe labeled 'Taxes'?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

For a moment there I read the label as 'Scalia', and was like 'makes sense'

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

VanOwen posted:

I don't understand. Why is that not a picture of O'Bummer and why isn't the scythe labeled 'Taxes'?
If you put on the glasses from They Live, every person in a Ramirez cartoon is Obama and every word is Debt.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i hope dees work fast

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I checked his site thinking the same thing, and his latest is still calling trans kids a Satanist's gift to honour Baphomet.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

Just a couple of days 'til Seder night! So you'll have to act quickly.

quote:

Welcoming our new U.S. Ambassador.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

No one came to the skeleton frat party. :(

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Harry S Truman posted:

I fired him because he wouldn't respect the authority of the President. I didn't fire him because he was a dumb son of a bitch, although he was, but that's not against the law for generals. If it was, half to three-quarters of them would be in jail.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm sure glad they labelled Syria, otherwise I'd get them confused with all the other gas attacks on people in the last few days.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

"Liberal nitwit"! Wrecked'em! :smug:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The donkey is attacking the elephant's racism, while the elephant attacks the donkey's... unspecified political leanings. AGC.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Didn't think I'd find a MacArthur apologist these days.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

seiferguy posted:

Didn't think I'd find a MacArthur apologist these days.

Dugout Doug almost got us into WW3. It's actually a lot easier to maintain your honor and love for your country when you've been blown into a radioactive vapor, doncha know?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Notorious biblical villain Samson.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hey, sounds good to me.

quote:

ooh, Trump so manly, Branco thinks, as he comes to the unfortunate conclusion that he has to wash another pair of pants.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Foreign cartoons!

From Bulgaria

From the Netherlands

From Australia

From Australia

From Costa Rica

From the Netherlands

From the Netherlands

From the Netherlands

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wait, is this an anti-Trump cartoon? Or does Branco just not know that the pharse "Here, hold my (whatever)" is used to mock someone who's about to do something stupid and self destructive? It originally comes the old joke: What are the most common last words of a redneck? "Here, hold my beer".

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Wait, is this an anti-Trump cartoon? Or does Branco just not know that the pharse "Here, hold my (whatever)" is used to mock someone who's about to do something stupid and self destructive? It originally comes the old joke: What are the most common last words of a redneck? "Here, hold my beer".

None of these troglodytes know anything, Branco least of all. On the other hand -

King Possum III posted:

From Costa Rica

That cartoon can't be any worse than this one, which suggests that the USA managed to do something positive as opposed to the reality where we made ourselves an even bigger joke.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It's Branco, so of course it's the latter:

DAF Branco posted:

Unlike Obama, Trump followed through striking Syria when it crossed the red. ISIS, N.Korea and the world take heed.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

King Possum III posted:

From the Netherlands

the happiest giant golf ball

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Xi Jinping's meeting with Donald Trump – Chinese president arrives in Florida for his first face-to-face meeting with his US counterpart, which is likely to focus on tensions over North Korea and trade"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... Taking children on holiday during term time

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

I have no idea where this is supposed to be but all I can think of is the LA River.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Whether or not taking your kids out on holiday during school time is an imprisonable offence or not is a long-running thing in Britain. Here Mac playfully places this concept into his rogues gallery of the undeserving poor, whose sprogs never go to school anyway.
e: gravel beaches and groyns are just what the beach is over here too.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

"Yeah righto, what's your name then?"

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I...so the Democrats, dressed in a loincloth labeled "filibuster", destroyed the evil temple, labeled "Supreme Court" that had captured and humiliated them? Democrats are powered by God to destroy evil? Is that...is...why is the loincloth labeled? Democrats are using the filibuster as cover to avoid exposing their genitals?
Heh. Remember when Obama asked the republicans to authorize him to strike Syria and they refused? BRANCO DON'T. Though I also remember Branco would make "God drat you're a bloodthirsty monster for going after Syria, Obama" comics and the very next day "God drat you're a bloodthirsty monster for NOT going after Syria, Obama" comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pentaro posted:

"Yeah righto, what's your name then?"

Can we thank Bill Leak for another universal punchline?

• Locked thread