Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

"We hate cops"

that one is strong too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

"level up temperance asap" is the only hint i'm using

I figured as much. It's expensive, though...

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

HolePisser1982 posted:

im really into it. im also really into the possibility that by painting it ive made my copy of P5 tax-deductible

Do you do other cool art or did you just accidentally make something incredibly epic, because if the former I wqould like to see more of your work

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's the best way to level up guts

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

Death link and going to the burger joint at night. Don't forget about the DVD rentals, there's a DVD that raises Guts a fair amount.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

In Training posted:

I think the burger challenge, or the job that gives it to you. There's also dvds and movies.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pole-Jack Norsemen posted:

Do you do other cool art or did you just accidentally make something incredibly epic, because if the former I wqould like to see more of your work

haha, im just really well practiced with art. i havent updated this in a few years but if u wanna scroll through some stuff: http://scrollingmarquis.tumblr.com

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This game is all I can think about during the day.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

I think the burger challenge, or the job that gives it to you. There's also dvds and movies.

I was doing the burger stuff but the DVD worked a lot better, I didn't even know there was a DVD rental place

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm already looking forward to following the perfect run in ng+ that some godly autist has nearly completed by now

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

In Training posted:

I was doing the burger stuff but the DVD worked a lot better, I didn't even know there was a DVD rental place

I don't really like doing the DVD, because if you get caught out by a string of story events like I did, you automatically fail to bring it back on time.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

also, that art reminds me of Frazer Irving's Klarion.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
thanks to exam week and dungeon two, I will be finding out what happens when a DVD is late

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

HolePisser1982 posted:

haha, im just really well practiced with art. i havent updated this in a few years but if u wanna scroll through some stuff: http://scrollingmarquis.tumblr.com

thank you for putting good stuff into the world

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh wow the temperance confidant power is blowing my mind

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Seriously guys where is the DVD rental store?

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
DVD rental store is on Central Street in Shibuya

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Dan Didio posted:

"...meow".

In Training posted:

"We hate cops"

these are irresistible

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

these are irresistible

Yeah lol

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Second dungeon was gorgeous. Finished it last night and about ready to begin the next one. Madarame's racket was even more twisted than volleyball oval office. Villains gonna get even more hilariously convoluted schemes that i cant wait to thwart with my telepathic cat. With the explicit introduction of Momentos, tha muthafuckkin collective unconscious, how deep is this game gonna go?

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

I named my dude Ernie, cuz he looks like an Ernie. I couldn't think of a Japanese last name so i tried typing in Toyota and ended up with Ernie Toynpo

I named the group FreudsBoys but missed an excellent opportunity to name them JungMen (btfo Ann)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I took a break from persona 5 to play the new Miku dlc but it turns out it adds in some persona 5 crossover costumes + song thank you sega

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

is there anywhere on the battle ui that says if you already have an enemy in your compendium

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i love stealing loot around the dungeon and ambushing all the monsters

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

persona 5 is good,, and I'm enjoying it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

is there anywhere on the battle ui that says if you already have an enemy in your compendium

the enemies have bad nicknames ify ou don't have them

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Twilight prostitute

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Fungah! posted:

the enemies have bad nicknames ify ou don't have them

good nicknames imho

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
This is too real...

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
This is a good game. It's my first persona. Is there any downside to always responding like an rear end whenever the dialogue option is there? I can't resist some of these answers sometimes they're just too funny

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

IdealFlaws posted:

This is a good game. It's my first persona. Is there any downside to always responding like an rear end whenever the dialogue option is there? I can't resist some of these answers sometimes they're just too funny

If you're on an event trying to build rank with a confidant it's probably not a great idea in terms of maximizing relationship growth. Otherwise it's probably fine.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

some noob thoughts since this game's been on my mind a lot:

I played the first chunk of SMT4 last year as my first dip into the series and im really really really surprised by how much more engaging and inviting this game feels in comparison. The lively mood and music and art are doing so much to bring me into the battles and day-to-day stuff. I trust that SMT4's an amazing game to the people that are really taken by it, but it seems less and less likely I'm gonna open my 3ds to go back to blurry dirty apocalyptic Japan

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SMT4 has nothing but dungeon crawling basically, so it lives and dies by if you like the combat enough to get really into fusing min/max mega demons. It's definitely got less to draw people in, just a pure system. Which I like but I also love persona's style and everything else on the edges

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I think most of what you can get from SMT you can get that and more from playing persona on whatever the hardest difficulty is

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Except for an ending where you kill god and let demons roam the earth which honestly now that I think if it is kind of a mark against persona

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also really really like SMTIV's insane setting. Apocalypse is probably my favorite JRPG outside of Persona4. Although now probably Persona 5 is toppling it haha. Atlus is good at what they do

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
is anyone playign the ps3 version

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The temperance confidant is the most insane social Link they've done

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

The temperance confidant is the most insane social Link they've done

it really is. it starts out as a train wreck and from what I've seen never stops being a train wreck and it's glorious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training posted:

I also really really like SMTIV's insane setting. Apocalypse is probably my favorite JRPG outside of Persona4. Although now probably Persona 5 is toppling it haha. Atlus is good at what they do

nocturne-esque smt using this engine might manage to topple p5 but right now i agree

• Locked thread