Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

ellison / warren 2020 and everyone else can gently caress off

I thought they were both bad now for reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

People can grumble about or disagree with individual decisions, they themselves are still overall cool/good

Like, this whole idea where someone does one thing you're not thrilled with and now even if you otherwise love them they have to be Dead To You or you implicitly endorse that one thing is super dumb

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

here's things i have against warren:
silence on dapl during the protests
lack of interest on foreign policy and just supported obama so far

against keith:
going along with perez's "we won't give you any authority but please be a mascot" plan

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

loquacius posted:

Like, this whole idea where someone does one thing you're not thrilled with and now even if you otherwise love them they have to be Dead To You or you implicitly endorse that one thing is super dumb

Well I got a thread for you to post in then.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Nonsense posted:

Dems are withholding funds from Kansas.

If there's no thread about the Kansas race yet and you know anything about it please make one.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

some people were mad at ellison because he said he thought being madder at hillary than trump was wrong but i think thats a dumb thing to get mad about

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

If there's no thread about the Kansas race yet and you know anything about it please make one.

I really don't know much, I only found out that news from evilweasel in d&d who said that the DNC withheld $20,000 from the race, but that hopefully they are putting effort in now...:smith:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

some people were mad at ellison because he said he thought being madder at hillary than trump was wrong but i think thats a dumb thing to get mad about

I can't articulate my anger with Trump, and I really don't expect better from him anyways. But Hillary *should* have been better than she was and I'm not *quite* completely incoherent about her. Just like, 90% incoherent.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

loquacius posted:

Korea was probably a good idea to have done too

lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Take a look at North Korea and ask yourself whether you want South Korea to be like that too :colbert:

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

loquacius posted:

Take a look at North Korea and ask yourself whether you want South Korea to be like that too :colbert:

lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

loquacius posted:

You can't possibly be this simple

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ok y'know what I'm trying to wrap up my workweek and this is not a terribly important issue to my worldview so whatev you guys can have this one

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hell yeah pizza party time

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

loquacius posted:

Korea was probably a good idea to have done too

maybe if we'd have said "hey, cut that out" when the South immediately murdered all of its political prisoners as soon as the North invaded

of course, the Korean War was inevitable from the moment the Korean peninsula was split up between a rabidly anti-capitalist puppet communist dictator and a rabidly anti-communist puppet capitalist dictator

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Not a Step posted:

I can't articulate my anger with Trump, and I really don't expect better from him anyways. But Hillary *should* have been better than she was and I'm not *quite* completely incoherent about her. Just like, 90% incoherent.

I'm more disappointed in Hillary than angry at her. Like if I were her third grade teacher I'd be sending home letter after letter involving the phrase 'not living up to your potential"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
north korea, a country to be taken seriously

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Juche forever

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

north korea, a country to be taken seriously

i agree. it's a country with many lasting structural problems and it's worth seriously considering how US foreign policy helped bring it to that point

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
haha

*carpet bombs country for years*

look at these funny clowns

*napalms civilians indiscriminately*

look at their stupid little country *commits rape and murder at will*

lol what a goofy place hahahaj

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
love 2 drop 650,000 pounds of bombs on tiny Asian countries

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

loquacius posted:

People can grumble about or disagree with individual decisions, they themselves are still overall cool/good

On one hand, yeah, on the other gently caress anyone supporting this poo poo. I'm done supporting anyone who votes or supports attacking yet another middle east country after the last two times have been obviously bad ideas from the start and they've still learned nothing.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The only reason DPRK does poorly today? The UN bombed its territory in the 50s!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

against keith:
going along with perez's "we won't give you any authority but please be a mascot" plan

do you want him to just not accept the position or what? he can't just demand power

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if a candidate and all their surrogates bluster and honk to all hell and back about how immensely, incredibly qualified they are, only for them to lose, then you find out about the bullshit they pulled (and the important poo poo they shoulda pulled but didn't), and subsequent public statements have all tried to blame external factors instead of owning up to it, a line officially gets crossed from disappointment to bloodrage.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 22:39 on Apr 7, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

docbeard posted:

I'm more disappointed in Hillary than angry at her. Like if I were her third grade teacher I'd be sending home letter after letter involving the phrase 'not living up to your potential"

gosh dangit! i was one of those kids!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GalacticAcid posted:

haha

*carpet bombs country for years*

look at these funny clowns

*napalms civilians indiscriminately*

look at their stupid little country *commits rape and murder at will*

lol what a goofy place hahahaj

we dropped way more bombs on North Vietnam and they're doing OK these days

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/850462261298823168

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Biden was apparently a big anti-intervention force in the White House.

(Biden would have won)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

(Biden would have won)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Of course the entire Obama admin were neocons, they were Clinton people.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

(Biden would have won)

Crooked Hillary by comparison pushed for more military adventure like Libya.

Very bloodthirsty!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

etalian posted:

Very bloodthirsty!

coincidentally, new mideast quagmires started appearing at a drastically reduced rate once kerry became SoS

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

if a candidate and all their surrogates bluster and honk to all hell and back about how immensely, incredibly qualified they are, only for them to lose, then you find out about the bullshit they pulled (and the important poo poo they shoulda pulled but didn't), and subsequent public statements have all tried to blame external factors instead of owning up to it, a line officially gets crossed from disappointment to bloodrage.

turns out the one criminal act she actually committed was destroying the country

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Bernie thread was the best thread in these forums
Faster than the Trump thread, but easier to follow and cool and good.

:smith:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

coincidentally, new mideast quagmires started appearing at a drastically reduced rate once kerry became SoS

nah we just started outsourcing them to ksa and friends

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ThndrShk2k posted:

Faster than the Trump thread, but easier to follow and cool and good.

:smith:

bernie thread went down smooth

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

etalian posted:

Very bloodthirsty!

Dread abuela!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Not from his lack of trying, Obama just ignored him a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

bernie thread went down smooth

Like a crippling anxiety disorder.

• Locked thread