Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

irlZaphod posted:

I would expect that it'll be released in the West (I can't imagine there being too much text to translate), but it looks like it'll be 4.980 Yen which I think is about $50? e: Apparently more like $45.

Jeez Louise. I'm pretty sure this same game is freemium on PS4. I was actually mildly interested after the demo, but Square is out of their god damned minds.

LethalGeek posted:

Playing blaster master so I got more than 3 hours for sure, plus a 5000mah battery pack. Plus the car battery if we get that far lol

I found myself in a ridiculous victory lap loop in Binding of Isaac yesterday and got like 6 hours out of my 5000mAh battery pack alone without touching the internal battery. Rules.

enojy fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Apr 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

secret volcano lair posted:

The ergonomics of this thing are interesting. My wrists get uncomfortable after an hour or so in handheld mode. Using the joycons separately feels nice, but the Switch screen is too small to play Zelda propped up in front of me.

I could go for an XL revision that's more oriented toward tabletop usage

A Switch XL would own if it also came with Duke sized joycons.

Just cut the Duke in half and slap a full size iPad in between there and I'd buy it for like $499.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Waiting until after the weekend to send mine. Wanted to get a little more Zelda in first. Looks like I'll be playing a lot of BOI next week.

I have the pro controller so I guess I'll just be stuck in TV mode. Not a big deal.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Just cut the Duke in half and slap a full size iPad in between there and I'd buy it for like $499.

I'll strap some Joycons onto a 50" plasma

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

try it, be free of your shackles.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Thankfully the power came back after a few hours.

I got these gripsthe other day and gave them a spin. I thought they were a vast improvement when trying to multiplayer and hit those little shoulder buttons. I don't even have big hands. So if you're thinking about some local multiplayer fun might want to look into those.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 7, 2017

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

I might be the biggest Shovel Knight fan here but dudes, the Plague Knight control mechanics are mad frustrating. I mean, this seems like a fun mechanic, but jesus it's tough get good.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Isn't a Switch XL just a Wii U with Wii motes that can slide off and on?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

I might be the biggest Shovel Knight fan here but dudes, the Plague Knight control mechanics are mad frustrating. I mean, this seems like a fun mechanic, but jesus it's tough get good.

How is that not just hitting the A button three times

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's charging an attack, jumping, releasing charge, attacking again. It's a little convoluted. Specter Knight is miles better.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

Everyone who sings the praises of Plague Knight says the controls eventually "clicked" for them, and it was blissful and they love the game 10x more than vanilla Shovel Knight.

Unfortunately I've never experienced that and still find the controls a bit clunky and cumbersome.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
New Smash Bros. announced!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lol. Can't decide if I want to contribute to this or Star Wars OPEN RPG

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Bill Barber posted:

Everyone who sings the praises of Plague Knight says the controls eventually "clicked" for them, and it was blissful and they love the game 10x more than vanilla Shovel Knight.

Unfortunately I've never experienced that and still find the controls a bit clunky and cumbersome.

This is me. I did a big wtf is this poo poo when I started my plague knight campaign. 5 minutes later and this is easy peasy mode. Breezing through the game right now. I'd love to know the psychological reason why certain mechanics just work for some and not for others.

Edit: Oh, this link also really helped: http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/09/pkmobility-tips-and-tricks/

Lobstertainment fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Apr 7, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lol, no stretch goals?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Tht made me sad I will never see Goemon in smash

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Tht made me sad I will never see Goemon in smash

I always read this as Guilmon

I'd be ok with a Digimon in Smash but they'd probably make it something ugly as gently caress like agumon or togemon.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So what 128gm microSD card have people been using? Haven't ordered one yet but was thinking of getting something like:
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDXC-Standard-Packaging-SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA/dp/B010Q57S62/

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

holy poo poo the video is so weird

Evil Fluffy posted:

So what 128gm microSD card have people been using? Haven't ordered one yet but was thinking of getting something like:
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDXC-Standard-Packaging-SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA/dp/B010Q57S62/

i'm using that exact one. it's an sd card, it works fine. fast enough.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Huh, didn't really consider memory issues. I like not needing to buy physical copies of games. I might wait a while longer than I thought before getting a Switch, long enough for relatively cheap/affordable large capacity storage solutions to show up. I'm thinking half a terabyte at least.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Huh, didn't really consider memory issues. I like not needing to buy physical copies of games. I might wait a while longer than I thought before getting a Switch, long enough for relatively cheap/affordable large capacity storage solutions to show up. I'm thinking half a terabyte at least.

that'll be a long time, 256gb microsd cards are the max available right now and they cost $160-200

it's important to keep in mind that switch games aren't going to be as big as xbox one/ps4 games in terms of size so you won't really have to worry about games taking up 60gb of space

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I don't think 'affordable half a terrabyte mini-SD cards' will be anything more than a "wow, they can do that now" by the end of the Switch's life cycle, but maybe the 256 GB ones will go down by 10s of dollars. And a 256 GB will get you far on a machine like the Switch

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Ok I'll bite. What edgecase scenario necessitates 500 GB of storage for the Switch?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cardboard Box posted:

that'll be a long time, 256gb microsd cards are the max available right now and they cost $160-200

Oh well, I'll see what the situation is in a year or two. Won't be the first time I was behind the console-curve, and my compy still has some kick to it.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Ok I'll bite. What edgecase scenario necessitates 500 GB of storage for the Switch?

I like overkill, but you're right, maybe a 4th of a TB will be more than enough.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

C-compy?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Why do my 30 year old electronics keep breaking on me

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

it means "computer" :eng101:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Chernabog posted:

I feel the same way. I don't consider it "wasted money" but not a game I'd go out of my way to play either.

A lot of those dead ends were there in the original but had literally nothing of value and were just there for attrition and exploration since it wouldn't tell you where bosses were; it's an intentional holdover but now you get something for your trouble, plus the extra ending section after you get them all.

It is much less punishing by default than the original.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

People own lots of games

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Soul Glo posted:

People own lots of games
Even if you digitally download every single game ever available for the Switch, you won't fill up a 256GB card until at least 2019.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The current full switch library probably barely breaks 64 gigs

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Oh well, I'll see what the situation is in a year or two. Won't be the first time I was behind the console-curve, and my compy still has some kick to it.

I like overkill, but you're right, maybe a 4th of a TB will be more than enough.

LethalGeek posted:

I have a huge chunk of the Wii U library on digital and used 200GB. Things like Bayonetta 1 & 2, Smash, MK8, Splatoon, Mario 3d World, on and on. And that's without ever deleting anything.
Probably

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

it means "computer" :eng101:

I was hoping he had a dinosaur, smh

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
add me SW-2248-5108-8315

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

eonwe posted:

add me SW-2248-5108-8315

'Kay! :buddy:

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Apr 8, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Calaveron posted:

It's a long term move. However, I'd advise from buying too much storage space. My Wii U has a giant HD attached that I never came close to filling.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Calaveron posted:

yeah but only like 4 of those games are worth owning. indie games in particular are gonna be really small.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah but only like 4 of those games are worth owning. indie games in particular are gonna be really small.

Yeah like I don't it'd actually go iver 64 gigs. Zelda is 38 gigs and the rest are just indies or dogshit minigame collections who barely go over a gig most likely

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Yeah like I don't it'd actually go iver 64 gigs. Zelda is 38 gigs and the rest are just indies or dogshit minigame collections who barely go over a gig most likely

Where'd you get that number, I thought it was 13 gigs

Some lego game apparently takes up more than the capacity than the Switch can hold on its internal storage, even if you buy physical, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Bill Barber posted:

Even if you digitally download every single game ever available for the Switch, you won't fill up a 256GB card until at least 2019.

Really depends what games and what developers. Zelda on Switch is under 15 gigs; but a developer splurging in textures and voice while skimping compression can pull a Lego City--which still managed to be 23 gigs last gen on Wiiu. A big game like Mass Effect 3 earned itself around forty gigs last gen.

If the new ME came out on Switch, and you missed the boat on Lego City last time plus obligatory Zelda, that's like a third of your space gone. New Xenoblade probably is over 20 gigs too when it drops.

• Locked thread