Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
Had 49 mythril and decided it was a blessing. Then I got 1 more and decided what the heck, I'll do one and only one pull on Banner 3 for Cid Raines' claws. Got 1/11 and it was the claws! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Haha decided to throw a pull at Banner 2 because I was kicking myself for not doing it before and I wanted a shot at Tidus' OSB.

1/11, Tidus' OSB :toot:

And I got the Golden Hairpin from the IX banner so now Tidus is set for life. This game has been too good to me lately, this is definitely going to haunt me when Extreme Fest rolls around, which I guess is what all of my mythril from here on out is going toward.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Did a banner 3 pull and got 3 non-dupes:

Zeromus shard
Fire Lash
some dumb gun for idiot Laguna

oh well goodbye, cid and relm bsbs

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Roland Jones posted:

Alright, which of these five banners should I pull on? Notable things I already have: Cloud's OSB, Beatrix's, Quina's, and Faris's BSBs, a collection of SSBs including Bartz's and Yuna's, both walls, and two Eiko Medicas (Reraise and Haste ones). I have 105 mithril now (I didn't do the 50 mithril event until last night) and can earn a lot more from catching up on event stuff like the orbfests. I think what I need most is either stat boosts or great healer stuff, since Eiko's Medicas that I have are both kind of lame.
I would go for Banner 3 and/or 4. 3 has a boostga and 2 faithgas (one of which is literally the best mage SB in the game right now), and a pretty good medica BSB. 4 has one of the best medica BSBs in the game and a combination boostga/faithga. I'm assuming since you didn't list Yuna's medica, the SSB you have for her is her Full Metal Rod? Her Chaos Rod on banner 4 is one of the best medica SSB in the game, as well. The rest of the relics on both banners are also pretty good; banner 3's weakest is either Laguna's boostga (almost entirely because of how situational he is as a character, that may change with more machinist abilities) or Noel's SSB (which has the potential to stunlock an enemy essentially forever if they're vulnerable). Banner 4's weak link is probably Ramza's Genji Glove (which has some interesting potential and is on one of the best characters in the game).

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 7, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

So now that I've actually got someone who can deal decent damage with it, is Sapphire Shot still worth honing if I don't have a particularly good ranged weapon? The only ranged weapon I could really stick on Tidus is a crappy Wakka blitzball, and I'm guessing the ranged damage bonus on Sapphire Shot isn't worth trading off a lot more attack and the +water bonus on his OSB sword.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Trying to decide which of my medicas' to focus on I have Minwu and his instant burst, Penelo and her burst that also deals damage, and Vanille and her burst that restores an ability. Any suggestions?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So now that I've actually got someone who can deal decent damage with it, is Sapphire Shot still worth honing if I don't have a particularly good ranged weapon? The only ranged weapon I could really stick on Tidus is a crappy Wakka blitzball, and I'm guessing the ranged damage bonus on Sapphire Shot isn't worth trading off a lot more attack and the +water bonus on his OSB sword.
It's better then Engulfing Twinstrike for damage, even without a Ranged weapon. If you want a Water ability for Tidus, that's your choice.

In about 4 months, there will be more Shooters then Spellblades too.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Trying to decide which of my medicas' to focus on I have Minwu and his instant burst, Penelo and her burst that also deals damage, and Vanille and her burst that restores an ability. Any suggestions?
Penelo. It's the weakest Medica of the three on entry, but it has the AoE heal Burst command, and the combined MND buffs from the entry and her offensive Command 1 will make the second cast more potent. She's also the most flexible of the three, I've sometimes used her as a Support with her Dancer abilities while using someone else as a healer. Vanille doesn't offer much, and Minwu has just White 5.

Speaking of Minwu, I think you have Minwu's Instant Medica SSB - his Burst isn't a Medica at all, it's Damage/Hastega/Heavy Regen.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Those are Super Soul Breaks (well, Penelo's could be a Burst Soul Break, but I'm guessing your mistaking the B in SSB for Burst?). Of those three I'd say Minwu's is the best, although as a newer player you may prefer the ether effect of Vanille's medica.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Whoops yeah got my B's confused meant breaks and what I'm aiming for is to get MCII from events I can do 80 difficultly dungeons, but barely. I got a team in mind, just can't decide which Medica to focus on.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Whoops yeah got my B's confused meant breaks and what I'm aiming for is to get MCII from events I can do 80 difficultly dungeons, but barely. I got a team in mind, just can't decide which Medica to focus on.
I would go with Vanille, until you get better hones/a White Mage BSB/more BSBs in general

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
vanilles is very good

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Self quoting cause I managed to lose this post in a sea of "Here's all the things I got from this event" posts. Anyone care to offer advice on what party I should go with? And I guess it's now relevant to ask if I should do any more pulls on the banners for this event or start saving for extreme fest?

ActionZero posted:

So having just come back during this event having not played since sooned after launch I've done a fair few pulls with the mythril I apparently saved up. I'm a little unsure exactly what characters I would be best to use at this point having got the following Soul Breaks, which kind of party should I look at, and what relics should I keep any eye out for in future? Also should I combine the ones I got dupes of or keep them separate so I can have more synergy bonuses going at the same time?

Onion Knight OSB and SSB
Ashe OSB
Sephiroth OSB
Cid Raines BSB (x2)
Luneth BSB (x2)
Garnet BSB
Vanille BSB
Noel SSB
Yuna SSB (x2)
Garland SSB
Laguna SSB
Alphinaud SSB
Arc SSB
Papalymo SSB

My party is current mid 30s-40 working through the realm dungeons to get more stamina at the moment if it matters.

Part of me wants to try a couple more pulls on banner 4 cause I like Alphinaud a lot and want his BSB book, but I believe it's due in an extreme-fest banner as well so /shrug.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 7, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I can't decide which banner(s) to pull on or if I should.

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/mBGE

I got Agrias' OSB... maybe shoot for the BSB too.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

ActionZero posted:

Self quoting cause I managed to lose this post in a sea of "Here's all the things I got from this event" posts. Anyone care to offer advice on what party I should go with? And I guess it's now relevant to ask if I should do any more pulls on the banners for this event or start saving for extreme fest?

Part of me wants to try a couple more pulls on banner 4 cause I like Alphinaud a lot and want his BSB book, but I believe it's due in an extreme-fest banner as well so /shrug.

Onion, ashe, vanille, Raines, pap is the start of a very good mage team.

The only thing that sucks about low level mage teams is that you can't autoattack through things as well to save on ability uses.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Aside from the one guy's banner rating system, I think everyone's who's having trouble debating on pulling on the fest banners needs to assess like three things.

1. How much of the game's content can you currently clear? If you can do just about everything short of Nemesis Boundless or something then it's certainly not a dire need.
2. How willing are you to settle for the dupes/crap relics of any respective banner?
3. How much mythril do you have left? If less than 100, you're probably best off saving for the far superior Extreme Fest banners.

I've already made all my pulls that I'm comfortable with. I'll settle for the next fest myself. Just debating what whether I should pull on V or XII since I have almost nothing.

Decided to put my relics in a spreadsheet

Pretty happy overall. 25 BSBs, 5 OSBs, and a lot of useful SSBs.

Oh yeah, just wanted to add that I was able to clear Nemesis earlier today too!

Could give details if anyone wants, but basically Nemesis loving sucks, and this was one of the toughest RPG battles I can remember.

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 7, 2017

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What are we like 3 months from the extreme fest banners?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Re-scored myself, came up:

18 (wins tiebreaker with Banner 2)

So pulled on Banner 1 and what did I get? 1/11 with 10 3* and the one dupe on the banner! (And it's a terrible one, Seph's glove)

:(

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

IllegallySober posted:

18 (wins tiebreaker with Banner 2)

So pulled on Banner 1 and what did I get? 1/11 with 10 3* and the one dupe on the banner! (And it's a terrible one, Seph's glove)

:(
Sephiroth's Glove is probably the best dupe on the banner, it's +dark on a doohickey basically everyone can use. It even has a smattering of points in magic if your best dark character happens to be a mage.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Banner 1 in general is best for dupes. Two Holy boosting robes, a fire boosting light armor, and a dark boosting armlet.

Kain's BSB is a good dupe for him too for boosting his BSB. Lightning can use it too if you have relics for her.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Yeah, basically what I'm saying to myself right now is: none of the stuff on any of the banners is going to fundamentally change what I'm rolling now nor provides utility that I don't otherwise have. And the only thing I actually want, Agrias BSB is both not necessary and also on a banner where I have everything but two of the OSBs, that, and one SSB, so pulling again is only going to result in dupes and disappointment.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Nihilarian posted:

Sephiroth's Glove is probably the best dupe on the banner, it's +dark on a doohickey basically everyone can use. It even has a smattering of points in magic if your best dark character happens to be a mage.

That's a good point. I didn't really think about that.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

iamsosmrt posted:

Aside from the one guy's banner rating system, I think everyone's who's having trouble debating on pulling on the fest banners needs to assess like three things.

IllegallySober posted:

What is this scoring system?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

What is this scoring system?

I forget who coined it but another poster proposed a banner scoring system: +3 points for each Relic that will completely transform your play, +2 for a good relic that you want, +1 for a relic that exists but you don't really care about getting, -1 for a relic that's a Dupe.

Score appropriately. It's was mostly meant to be used to figure out which of the Anniversary Banners to pull on rather than a generalized system but you could probably use it all the same.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nihilarian posted:

I would go with Vanille, until you get better hones/a White Mage BSB/more BSBs in general

I got enough BSB to field an entire team thankfully off the top of my head I have Squall, Lightning, Terra, Golbez, Raijin, Dance of Carnage(can't remember her name), and Garnet which I wish her CMD1 was an AoE becuase that would solve my problem.

Also yeah I definitely need better hones, but it seems like I can never get enough greater and above orbs.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

LornMarkus posted:

I forget who coined it but another poster proposed a banner scoring system: +3 points for each Relic that will completely transform your play, +2 for a good relic that you want, +1 for a relic that exists but you don't really care about getting, -1 for a relic that's a Dupe.

Score appropriately. It's was mostly meant to be used to figure out which of the Anniversary Banners to pull on rather than a generalized system but you could probably use it all the same.

That was me! :) I'm glad people are getting some use out of it.

The idea is that the maximum possible score of a banner would be 3 x (total number of prizes), and if your score is farther away from that number than you're comfortable with, you probably shouldn't pull. The threshhold is at your own discretion, but I draw the line if my score is roughly half of the maximum.

I also realized that there should be a score worse that the -1 for a dupe. If you have multiple copies of something already (or a combined ++) where another one would be COMPLETELY useless, I now assign a -3 to an item in that situation.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

LornMarkus posted:

Banner 1: 11 (+1 ea if OK or Vann dagger can be considered a 3 instead of 2)
Banner 2: 10
Banner 3: 7 (+1 if Sheepsong is a 3)
Banner 4: 6 (-1 if OK SSB is meh. +1 if Eiko BSB is a 3)
Banner 5: 9

Scores seem kinda meh, lol. then again I'm uncertain about the value of a few things.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Did a pull on the resurrected banner 2 hoping for one of the OSB or USB, and wound up getting both!! Plus Exdeath SSB on the side. A good fest encore there.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Congrats to those getting the resurrected goods! I did a cash pull on Banner 2 and ended up with Krille's BSB, which is alright since I have sheepsong, but not great as I have plenty of fire magic damage already. I was really hoping for one of the 6 other relics that would have been better heh.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Aw sweet! I could still use almost every reic on banner 4, so I did another pull on it now that it's back.

I got orlandeau's osb and OK's magic ssb! I'll take the powerful magic ssb with an added 40% heal. It may be OK's weakest sb, but it's still drat good. And now I have something for cloud of darkness to use with synergy stats! I still need poo poo for refia and ingus though, so I'll probably still pull on the CoD banner when it shows up.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Last night I got frustrated by pulling on banner 3 for Raines and only getting Noel SSB and and Sabin SSB.

Just did a pull on Banner 1:
Onion OSB
Braska SSB
Arc SSB x2 (dupes)

Eeeeh? I've got OK BSB, so I guess having his OSB is pretty nice. And I guess if I don't need the Haste from Sheepsong Braska's SSB functions well enough as a mage shout. Which I needed. I suppose I'm content with this, but I should be able to grind out enough mythril for one more shot. Maybe WoFF for novelty, or another chase at Yuna BSB or Raines BSB.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

IllegallySober posted:

That's a good point. I didn't really think about that.
It's a bit of a wait but those gloves would look pretty good with the ninja abilities Japan just got

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wasn't the OK BSB on one of these banners? I can't find it but I could be mis remembering.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

MarcusSA posted:

Wasn't the OK BSB on one of these banners? I can't find it but I could be mis remembering.
It was on the Ultros / Player's Select banner that was on the 25th. OK BSB will be on the upcoming banner 2 of the III event, which starts on April 16.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

iPodschun posted:

It was on the Ultros / Player's Select banner that was on the 25th. OK BSB will be on the upcoming banner 2 of the III event, which starts on April 16.

Ah ok perfect. I'll be saving my mith for that then. It's really the last thing I need.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I have everything for OK except his gauntlets now.

I'm screwed. That banner is loaded with dupes for me :(

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pander posted:

I have everything for OK except his gauntlets now.

I'm screwed. That banner is loaded with dupes for me :(

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I've got a poo poo load of mith some I'm ready to set it on fire.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Man I thought FF11 was before FF3 and pulled on one of the banners (got a dupe OSB and another medica BSB, which means I now have medicas for all realms but 1, 8, and 11). Now I probably won't have enough for 2 pulls to try and get the onion bsb again :/

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Short on mythril so I can't do a final chase of Raines' BSB or Agrias's OSB/BSB but it's probably for the best.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Banner 1: 11 (+1 ea if OK or Vann dagger can be considered a 3 instead of 2)
Banner 2: 10
Banner 3: 7 (+1 if Sheepsong is a 3)
Banner 4: 6 (-1 if OK SSB is meh. +1 if Eiko BSB is a 3)
Banner 5: 9

Scores seem kinda meh, lol. then again I'm uncertain about the value of a few things.

Both Vaan and Onion Knight BSBs are the top of the tiers. Vaan's BSB is a doublestack of def/mag breakdowns while OK's BSB is just "why yes I can do everything" on an already solid character (once max leveled).

Sprite141 posted:

Aw sweet! I could still use almost every reic on banner 4, so I did another pull on it now that it's back.

I got orlandeau's osb and OK's magic ssb! I'll take the powerful magic ssb with an added 40% heal. It may be OK's weakest sb, but it's still drat good. And now I have something for cloud of darkness to use with synergy stats! I still need poo poo for refia and ingus though, so I'll probably still pull on the CoD banner when it shows up.

Did you already have Orlandu's OSB? Because you're oddly happy about an ok SSB while quiet about a murdermode OSB.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Both Vaan and Onion Knight BSBs are the top of the tiers. Vaan's BSB is a doublestack of def/mag breakdowns while OK's BSB is just "why yes I can do everything" on an already solid character (once max leveled).

Yeah, I talked to some guys and reasssed Banner 1 and I'll probably do a pull on it. Kain would be cool to have just because he's Kain, tyro's coat is apparently good, the WHM robes have their uses (plus I have Braska's staff, so he'd be kinda decent with both robe and staff I think?), and even a dupe of Maria's bow wouldn't be terrible cause I could upgrade it. The only item I'd be rather "Bleh" on would be Seph's sword and maaybe his gloves (I lack a Dark user unless I want to grab D.Cecil whose BSB I have).

Things I already have on each banner:

B1: Maria Bow
B2: Selphie Magic Nunchucks
B3: Refia Gloves, Laguna Gun, that one kid's Deathblow
B4: Agrias OSB, Ramza Glove, both Alphinaud's gear
B5: Yshtola's Omnirod, Jecht's stupid ball.

Got almost 300 myth. I've got 100-150 budgeted on the XI coming out (I'm a fool of a fan and I want shantotto stuff and won't begrudge the others either), 1 pull on the lucky coming sunday, maybe one on the IIIs (leaning the OK one), so thats 200-250 myth allocated.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Did you already have Orlandu's OSB? Because you're oddly happy about an ok SSB while quiet about a murdermode OSB.

Orlandu is a monster. That is all.

• Locked thread