Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

Also, found some footage of our other plane in flight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgp36b839ow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

We need the X-32.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
The X-32 just looks so happy, like it really loves just being a plane.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

xthetenth posted:

Yeah, we really shouldn't have bothered with that few phantoms or the frogfeet.

We got so few phantoms all the complaints about their reliability are actually valid.

In return for crippling the only strike planes capable of operating in contested airspace that aren't our exceedingly few high end fighters, we bought a pair of souped up versions of the planes we're already trying and usually failing to find use for.

Yaaaaaaaay. :v:

Edit: For future requisitions, can we please have a runoff between the top two and consolidate similar buys? I have a feeling hexaphantom or all phantoms would have won mano a mano against the platypus plan that's neither fish nor fowl.

Agreeing with all of this.

Bacarruda posted:

Buy mid- to late-block F-16s. They can carry HARMs (or can easily be modified to carry them).

They can use many of the same weapons the Gripens can. And surplus ones are reasonably available and affordable.

But not this. F-16s are too competent to be interesting. This entire outfit is based on plan Bs, get us some of those Polish Fitters or some other such nonsense if we wanna drop ARMs on some assholes. The more unreliable and single-role aircraft we have, the more goons we can potentially get into the air simultaneously, after all!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Quinntan posted:

The X-32 just looks so happy, like it really loves just being a plane.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

power crystals posted:

But not this. F-16s are too competent to be interesting. This entire outfit is based on plan Bs, get us some of those Polish Fitters or some other such nonsense if we wanna drop ARMs on some assholes. The more unreliable and single-role aircraft we have, the more goons we can potentially get into the air simultaneously, after all!

Then there is only one choice for our SEAD mission.

http://www.avrovulcan.org.uk/other_photographers/598_wideawake.jpg

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
We also apparently picked up a pair of these, I think.

http://cmano-db.com/aircraft/4087/

Now if only they were 208s...

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Whattya mean we got the wrong uniforms? Tibet isn't a desert? Well it god drat oughtta be!

U.S. Army Recruit Class of 2020 Reporting for Duty

Like you whirly bird-flyboys, we too need a budget if we're gonna risk our asses every day. We have three levels of funding that would work quite nicely:

Funding A - $1 Million

Funding B - $500,00

Funding C - $250,000

After this initial kickstarter we, the professionals that we are, will be self sustaining. We're on route to the AO and need this info in ASAP if our money boys are gonna do...whatever it is they do.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Funding A.

If we're going to do this thing, we might as well do it right. Well, as right as we can under the circumstances. We'll get some fancy uniforms, and an ice cream machine for the break room, and lots of cocaine BOOKS FOR LEARNING.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Option A

CBJamo
Jul 15, 2012

A mill is pretty much chump change, as long as they produce even a few solid pieces of intel we're way ahead there.

I vote for funding option a

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Option A

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Big money for big troubles. Option A

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

poo poo, a mil is nothing Option A

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
Option A.

Whats the odds of being able to get an old utility helicopter (an Mi-8 or the like) from that Soviet museum on the cheap for our new venture?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
option A

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

sparkmaster posted:

Option A.

Whats the odds of being able to get an old utility helicopter (an Mi-8 or the like) from that Soviet museum on the cheap for our new venture?

Many helicopter are available! Although some may need new paint...

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Any Hind D's?

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
Okay that Yak-38 looks inviting, if not for the suprise factor. How much is it?
Also if the AS-4 kitchen is overed does this mean we might get a TU-16 or beter yet a TU-22m3?

I have one suggestion for the future; we should realy get a dedicated recon platform, like the RF-4E for example.
Small stuf like tank and such are a pain in the rear end to find otherwise.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Show this to our pilots to get them off the ground faster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBHMEqH1oRY

Pretty sure Swedish is a made-up language.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lmao please no Yak-38

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Yes, let's get a Harrier that ejects you without warning when one of the engines craps out.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Absolutely the yak 38! What could possibly go wrong?

Funding option A

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Its unanimous. Y'all just authorized a bunch of Basic Training rejects a slush fund of $1 Million.

Won't let you down!

Funding Voting Closed

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 8, 2017

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
How could we not buy the worlds largest production helicopter? Hell, we could probably contract it out to humanitarian organizations when its not needed by our goons. Might make decent cash.

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

Lmao please no Yak-38

Quinntan posted:

Yes, let's get a Harrier that ejects you without warning when one of the engines craps out.

Where's your sense of adventure and wonder. It really is a underdog amongst planes. And who doesn't love a underdog?
Besides It could alway be used for pesky poeple. Purposfuly blew up that kitten orphanage? Now you can fly the Yak.

BTW, I choose Funding option A

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
People have to love underdogs otherwise they're not underdogs. Nobody loves the Forger.

The Forger was so bad that when the Soviets tried to use it in Afghanistan, they would damage themselves trying to take off, and when they didn't ruin themselves, they could only carry a pair of 100kg bombs.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

No on the yak please.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

For the love of God and all that is holy do not buy a loving Yak-38.

I'd be cool with buying some Su-22s though, especially if they have some of the more recent Polish upgrades. Alternatively, Su-24s (were there any in there?) would be more expensive but have more load carrying capacity, and with Kh-31s they'd be solid for anti-shipping missions.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
We need to buy that UN Helicopter and NOT repaint it. Could come in handy...

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Popete posted:

We need to buy that UN Helicopter and NOT repaint it. Could come in handy...

You people are crooked and I like the way you think.

Planning to run the mission tonight.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Phoenix Command: The Commandering

Become a mercenary today!

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Looking at what the Hawk 209 can carry compared to what CMANO allows, there's some weirdness going on. Wiki claims all sorts of stuff like AMRAAMs, Sea Eagle anti-ship missiles, even torpedoes, but all that it has in CMANO is Sidewinders, unguided bombs and rockets. Should we try to give it all this stuff or should we just run with it as is?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Quinntan posted:

Looking at what the Hawk 209 can carry compared to what CMANO allows, there's some weirdness going on. Wiki claims all sorts of stuff like AMRAAMs, Sea Eagle anti-ship missiles, even torpedoes, but all that it has in CMANO is Sidewinders, unguided bombs and rockets. Should we try to give it all this stuff or should we just run with it as is?

I'm not sure on the exact process for DB updates but I know there is a big monster thread at Matrix about DB additions. Could try there.

Wow. Mission is complete. We have dogfights. We have violence. We have enough rockets to choke a goat. I'm going to edit it all and get it up. poo poo went down like I never expected.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
poo poo went down good or poo poo went down bad? :ohdear:

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Oh boy, we hosed up.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I was teasing earlier but realtalk this LP and the war machine talk is hella cool, watching those little dots fly at each other and get closer and closer to the C130s was really gripping in a way I didn't expect so I can only imagine how this mission is going to be

(replace all our casualties with mirages and SLAM EAGLES)

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
...Mirages, you say?

http://cmano-db.com/aircraft/2228/

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Sounds like it's a good think we bought some more planes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i'm glad we're at war with burma now.