Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I'm pretty sure there's an Imp's needs mod for Skyrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Holy poo poo there is. Thanks for the heads up!

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Let's see if I can figure out how to ask this in a reasonably-concise manner...
I've been playing from the beginning with Morrowloot - Vanilla [http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44212/] enabled. But, I'm at a point where I'd like to be able to take advantage of some of SPERG's nifty crafting perks, especially to upgrade my weapons (since otherwise it seems like I'll be stuck at "Steel + whatever I can find on enemies" for basically ever.
Will it break things terribly if I...
-disable the mod
-go in, craft the things I need, exit out, and
-re-enable the mod?

I suspect that wouldn't RUIN anything, but on the other hand it wouldn't surprise me if trying a trick like that wound up breaking loot tables irreparably or something. 0_0

Or, relatedly, does anyone have experience w/ Morrowloot & can recommend some places to look? Or should I just say "gently caress it" and plow ahead using whatever's the best random crap I find?

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
Disabling and re enabling a mod is generally a bad idea. I'd just use the ingame console to add whatever perk/item you're needing.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Do what I did: Open up morroloot in TES5Edit, delete the recipies and any alteration it makes to perks, scream YOLO and save it.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Innnteresting...

Unrelated (probably), but I'm seeming to have some trouble getting Hearthfire to work. I have the DLC listed as "Installed" from my Steam library, but there's no Hearthfire.esm or anything showing up in Mod Manager.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Ghost of Starman posted:

Innnteresting...

Unrelated (probably), but I'm seeming to have some trouble getting Hearthfire to work. I have the DLC listed as "Installed" from my Steam library, but there's no Hearthfire.esm or anything showing up in Mod Manager.

then it is not installed

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

then it is not installed

...:doh: Something must've gone wrong with Mod Organizer, then; I un- and re-installed through Steam, restarted MO, and there it was. Thanks. :downs:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I believe you need to run the regular Skyrim launcher through steam once before any modding to get things rolling correctly but that could be total bullshit :v:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I dimly remember that being true because running it once through the launcher generates certain config files.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Correct, at first run MO will copy/pull whatever is in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim or w/e to use as your base INI files.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
I may be asking for an unreasonable amount of help but I need help diagnosing a seemingly random CTD. I seem to CTD arbitrarily out in the wilderness. I'm not sure I've crashed as much in interior cells. I have about a 50% chance of crashing opening the map, though I think I've written that off to an issue with Warburg's Paper Maps and the meshes in the map screen confusing Dyndolod. I have Death Alternative Captured and Your Money Or Your Life in the save, but I disabled it (in MCM, not removing it from the load order) in about 2-3 hours in after it seemed like it was responsible for some crashes.

I've posted all my SKSE logs and load order here: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/14d14c4c5c0e661e8f609ea16112ea45.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Are you using crash fixes with the alternate memory allocation scheme? If not, do.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I dropped by Nexus and was highly amused to see nerd of prey's ironic joke sexy follower mod is in the running for file of the month. It's being beaten 3:1 by what is most likely an unironic sexy follower mod featuring a catgirl.

:laugh:

e: I could not have made a better and/or worse 69th post in this thread, considering

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 10, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Psion posted:

I dropped by Nexus and was highly amused to see nerd of prey's ironic joke sexy follower mod is in the running for file of the month. It's being beaten 3:1 by what is most likely an unironic sexy follower mod featuring a catgirl.

e: I could not have made a better and/or worse 69th post in this thread, considering

In the "hot files" there's this really creepy "character overhaul" that turns every woman in the College of Winterhold into a little girl.

:nexus:

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

In the "hot files" there's this really creepy "character overhaul" that turns every woman in the College of Winterhold into a little girl.

:nexus:

It'd actually be kind of hilarious to hear one of these faces saying, "Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!"

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

nexus is too busy banning trainwiz to care
he's not actually banned, but he has been like 3 times for critizing other peoples mods LOL

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

Was this the sassy teen girl mod? I loved having a sassy skeleton buddy.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I very specifically didn't mention what else is in the running for FOTM because it's along similar lines and it is also not okay

:negative:

(e: actually I don't see that mod in HF. Either it's been demoted by an HD firewood retexture or I already blocked that author for being a creepo, hah)

Soonmot posted:

no, it's The Erotic Adventures of Misty Skye. i was thinking that name was a bit too on-the-nose for Nexus but then I read the description and saw the upload date and figured it out pretty fast. :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 10, 2017

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

They all look like they're going to start crying. I guess it's based on modder's experience.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Dwesa posted:

They all look like they're going to start crying. I guess it's based on modder's experience.

:vince:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Dwesa posted:

You know what they say, "Do what you know."

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
man i hope skse happens soon. i want to just not have to use oldrim anymore, SSE runs so much better. also I really wanna finally play that crazy museum legend of the dovakhiin mod or whatever

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Farg posted:

man i hope skse happens soon. i want to just not have to use oldrim anymore, SSE runs so much better. also I really wanna finally play that crazy museum legend of the dovakhiin mod or whatever

No updates in about a month; not sure if I'd hold my breath. Could still happen, I guess.

Going to try and do a search, but anyone try the SEPTIM guide for SE?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Curiously enough I have been playing oldrim lately (again) and it runs like butter after upgrading to win10, even with an ENB and lacking the memory hack.

Farg posted:

Even if SKSE64 happens, chances are most mods are not going to get migrated. :negative:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

I really just want DSR, ASIS, and AV.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
What's AV dogg?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Soonmot posted:

Sassy teenage girls owns because you can get a teen giantess that wrecks enemies and tells you to back off and stop being a creep if you get too close

RangerPL
Jul 23, 2014
I feel like playing, time to spend 10 hours configuring mods. Is Skyrim SE mature enough to be worth modding, or should I stick with old skyrim? Also, can MO be made to work now?

RangerPL fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 30, 2017

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

RangerPL posted:

I feel like playing, time to spend 10 hours configuring mods. Is Skyrim SE mature enough to be worth modding, or should I stick with old skyrim? Also, can MO be made to work now?

I think there's a version of MO that works. There's still no Script Extender for SE, it's being worked on, but the people working on it have "jobs" and "lives" or something, so who knows when.

A lot of mods that don't have that dependency (or can be made to work without it, including an older version of SkyUI) have been converted. If I were starting from scratch, I'd probably do SE these days (especially if you're on Windows 10).

Though, like someone who posted a bit ago, I'm running Oldrim and it runs like a dream. An occasionally crashy dream.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

What's AV dogg?

Automatic Variants?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

What's AV dogg?

not much, you?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

Automatic Variants?

Yep. Variety is the spice of life and all that. I'd live to figure out how to make an AV for weapons and armor, though Immersive Armies is great.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ynglaur posted:

I'd live to figure out how to make an AV for weapons and armor, though Immersive Armies is great.

Trust me man, mods aren't that important. Live for yourself, not for mods, otherwise you become Arthmoor.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

gently caress autocorrect and phone posting.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Agents are GO! posted:

Trust me man, mods aren't that important. Live for yourself, not for mods, otherwise you become Arthmoor.

Mod Lyfe

cerhio
Feb 23, 2014
Maybe someone can answer this question about Mod Organizer:

If it keeps all the mods organized without overwriting them does that mean that simply unchecking the mod on the list is equivalent to deleting it if it were done through the copy/paste method of installing mods? I'm curious if deleting Skyrim and then reinstalling it would require me to redownload all the mods I have.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

cerhio posted:

Maybe someone can answer this question about Mod Organizer:

If it keeps all the mods organized without overwriting them does that mean that simply unchecking the mod on the list is equivalent to deleting it if it were done through the copy/paste method of installing mods? I'm curious if deleting Skyrim and then reinstalling it would require me to redownload all the mods I have.

yes, that's what it means and no, it would not

that's why it owns

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Which city-expanding mod is the best? Expanded Towns and Cities or the Dawn of series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Which city-expanding mod is the best? Expanded Towns and Cities or the Dawn of series?

Those do different things, use both.