Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i mean

many of my students are stephen universe fans, and i would say the homestuck fandom got off lightly in comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

stephen universe, the french knock-off

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

i mean

many of my students are stephen universe fans, and i would say the homestuck fandom got off lightly in comparison

it is no doubt difficult to teach spec ed students, but im glad you do it anyway

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

AriadneThread posted:

stephen universe, the french knock-off

would be Stéphane Univers.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
We Love Fine is hosting a 413 sale all week.

50 bucks gets you a mystery box filled with crap they couldn't sell normally like Jane T-shirts and Tavros lunchboxes.

However you can also enter a contest to win something Homestuck fans have long heard about but never actually seen. That's right, it's art by Andrew Hussie!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Page 2022 is much better than 2021.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ammat The Ankh posted:

50 bucks gets you a mystery box filled with crap they couldn't sell normally like Jane T-shirts and Tavros lunchboxes.

However you can also enter a contest to win something Homestuck fans have long heard about but never actually seen. That's right, it's art by Andrew Hussie!

Capitalism was a mistake.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl5UH6EZXIM&t=559s

always relevant

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Freak Futanari posted:

Does Homestuck actually create terrible fans, or did it merely draw us in to our doom, like an rear end in a top hat anglerfish

It draws them in, but then comforts them and convinces them that it's ok to drop whatever mask of manners and self-awareness society successfully convinced them to wear which takes it all downhill in a hurry so it's more of a fertile ground kinda thing.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Freak Futanari posted:

Does Homestuck actually create terrible fans, or did it merely draw us in to our doom, like an rear end in a top hat anglerfish

If it means anything the fandoms ex-homestuck fans are drawn to like dangan Ronpa and undertale eventually become awful when fandom quantity reaches a certain number, represented by S.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
The S is for poo poo.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
All fandoms are awful, friend.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

is it just like random art, or do we get to say what we want him to draw

because if i win i'm going to tell him to draw Nepeta and Neptune high fiving

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'd go with "the events of the final battle against Lord English" just to see which snarky deflection he'd go for.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
"Where all the kickstarter money went"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bogart posted:

"Where all the kickstarter money went"

So Kings Quest fanart.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i think we all know what i'd request

and that is "wtf happened to the horrorterrors what was even the point of them"

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

real horrorterrors don't have arcs, clawtopsy

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Clawtopsy posted:

i think we all know what i'd request

and that is "wtf happened to the horrorterrors what was even the point of them"

They were the cause of the dreambubbles and the ghosts, which probably makes them a more deleterious influence on the comic than even the Alpha Kids.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
8 days of 413 yeah there's basically no way this isn't building up to something Vriska-related

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Plom Bar posted:

8 days of 413 yeah there's basically no way this isn't building up to something Vriska-related

What isn't, sorry?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Clawtopsy posted:

What isn't, sorry?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
on the eighth day of Vriskmas, Andrew Hussie gave to me

a hastily aborted character arc

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Eight years leading up to Vriska content is clever enough to have expected for 2011 Hussie, but it's a bit much for 2017 Hussie. Though I guess tweetman could surprise us.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

Yes, it's leading up to an 8% off sale on all of her merchandise. Because distracting the working class with meaningless trinkets paid for with the sweat from their brow in how the petite bourgeoisie keeps us enslaved.

Rebel comrades! REBEL AGAINST FRIVOLOUS MERCHANDISE TIE INS!!!!

seriously though, I honestly don't know what Vriska related thing could get me excited at this point. Either she's alive (wooo :geno:) or she's dead (wooo :geno:) either way it doesn't really matter and waiting an entire year for this pointless reveal has killed any sort of tension there could have been.

Now, on the other hand, a reveal about something Areana related I might actually enjoy. At least then Clawtopsy would be happy.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

seriously though, I honestly don't know what Vriska related thing could get me excited at this point. Either she's alive (wooo :geno:) or she's dead (wooo :geno:) either way it doesn't really matter and waiting an entire year for this pointless reveal has killed any sort of tension there could have been.

Now, on the other hand, a reveal about something Areana related I might actually enjoy. At least then Clawtopsy would be happy.

A retcon that erases every Serket from every timeline of every universe would be nice.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

A retcon that erases every Serket from every timeline of every universe would be nice.

wow dang talk about your basic kind of being fundamentally incorrect at every level of a thing

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The first day of the WeLoveFine sale offered mystery boxes, which basically boiled down to "Please pay us for cleaning out the unsellable junk in the warehouse!"

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Ha ha ha no he wouldn't

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Clawtopsy is a woman, but since I'm like 90% sure you intentionally misgendered her for a sick burn I dunno why I'm writing this.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I, too, memorize the genders of every poster in a thread about a webcomic on a dying forum

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

This is Plom Bar we're talking about here, Futa, the person who bears years-long grudges about literally everything posted in this thread.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Clawtopsy is a woman, but since I'm like 90% sure you intentionally misgendered her for a sick burn I dunno why I'm writing this.

:allears:

Quoting this in case you edit it out later.

Plom Bar fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 7, 2017

Spellman
May 31, 2011

i three do do that

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Siiiiiiigh. Looks like ol' Futa is gonna have to auspis... auspicasi... clubbey-meddle thing this entire thread to keep you all from constantly saying and doing the dumbest possible poo poo to each other, and ruining my thread for alien romance discussion...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know, I'm glad only Clawsy and Dolash made their way over to the other alien sex having thread on SA some times.

You guys get weird.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i got some serious MSPaint Thread beefs, myself

beeves?

no thats stupid

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I settled all by MSPaint Thread boeufs ages ago. I will never take up that sword again...

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
i wonder what Homestuck 2 (Homes2uck?) will be about. Post your plot ideas here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

hello friends what's going on in this thre-

:yikes:

Also, something something Aranea. While I really enjoy her character and arc, and think she has one of the most complete ones in Homestuck, I wouldn't want her to come back for more than a few pages, really. I'm not confident with where the writing has been '''''''lately''''''' for a return to the character, especially with what happened with Vriska. My ideal 'Aranea returns' pages would be a few throwaway ones akin to a few slides from Remem8er, where Meenah either hugs her or punches her in a callback to Kanaya punching Vriska.