Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

precision posted:

If anything PC players have it way easier, do you know how long it takes to do a 180 degree turn on console? I'd kill to be able to use mouse and keyboard on PS4 or at least for them to patch in a "quick-turn" button, I would rather have "Back and dash" do a quickturn than a backwards dash in most cases.

I keep trying to do the Back+B quick turn from Resident Evil. That would be a really really nice addition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm playing on PC and I can imagine this game being very hard on consoles, since everything zips around so fast now, and power-based classes are less..uh, powerful.

Vanguard would still be fun but anything that requires you to aim a gun at a weakspot sounds like hell to play.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Is the reflective shield power as good in mp as singleplayer? I love wrecking observers with their own laser.

I have the automatic sniper, is that a good start until i get a widow or vanquisher?

Also, gently caress the VI, i keep shooting at it thinking its an enemy.

Edit: I play with controller on PC :getin:

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

precision posted:

I think Biotic Punch does count as a Biotic kill? Otherwise, poo poo job at naming things, guys.

It doesn't. Only biotic abilities count.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just took the Incisor IV out for a spin on HuSol and it's pretty decent. Also tried out Hesh IV on same character and it's very decent, with Turbocharge I'm pretty sure it out-DPS's my Talon 1.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm playing on PC and I can imagine this game being very hard on consoles, since everything zips around so fast now, and power-based classes are less..uh, powerful.

Vanguard would still be fun but anything that requires you to aim a gun at a weakspot sounds like hell to play.

Yeah if they dumpster vanguards and snipers are all that's viable afterward I'll probably quit the game, guns are even worse on console unless you get silly plus damage modifiers from Apex Missions.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I just played my first post patch game. It definitely feels easier.
It's also good to know that Hydras can pull you out of a Nova into their loving embrace. I realise that was the same in ME3, but it still annoys me.
I was rolling with my Revenant and forcing myself to gun everything and I just keep coming to the same conclusion.
It's not worth it to do so.
It takes roughly twice as long to kill anything as punching, it really didn't seem to be hitting much harder than my Charger, and it didn't seem to tag for combos all that often either.
I can only assume this means melee is gonna be toned down a whole bunch, rather than the rifles improved so they are worth using.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I got thrown into, and made it through, a Gold match with One Life To Live active, with pubbies? It was a near thing. Also my first gold match attempt. I was the only one to extract but hey, a win's a win.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Two Finger posted:

I just played my first post patch game. It definitely feels easier.
It's also good to know that Hydras can pull you out of a Nova into their loving embrace. I realise that was the same in ME3, but it still annoys me.
I was rolling with my Revenant and forcing myself to gun everything and I just keep coming to the same conclusion.
It's not worth it to do so.
It takes roughly twice as long to kill anything as punching, it really didn't seem to be hitting much harder than my Charger, and it didn't seem to tag for combos all that often either.
I can only assume this means melee is gonna be toned down a whole bunch, rather than the rifles improved so they are worth using.

The multiplayer producer clarified in Twitter that this was primarily a bugfix patch, they're still looking at balance very seriously.

https://twitter.com/ehlien/status/850160872043364352

I'm sure I believe him, but they seem at least tangentially aware of the problems.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

overdesigned posted:

I got thrown into, and made it through, a Gold match with One Life To Live active, with pubbies? It was a near thing. Also my first gold match attempt. I was the only one to extract but hey, a win's a win.

Welcome home, Zaeed. We missed you.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009

TheDK posted:

Also is there a build calculator ala Kalence or Narida yet?

Calculator

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

precision posted:

If anything PC players have it way easier, do you know how long it takes to do a 180 degree turn on console? I'd kill to be able to use mouse and keyboard on PS4 or at least for them to patch in a "quick-turn" button, I would rather have "Back and dash" do a quickturn than a backwards dash in most cases.

Friend have you heard of the xim?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

PC Origin BarbarianSteve

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Two Finger posted:

So can aldis, which is something else to watch out for.

Nova's invincibility doesn't seem to work for sync attacks.

e:grocer's apostraphe's

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 7, 2017

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Hexenritter posted:

PC Origin BarbarianSteve

Get in Discord!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814279

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Nova has less invincibility frames period than in ME3.

I respecced my KroGuard for Shock Trooper over Bastion and I think that's definitely the way to go. I maxed out Charge and Rage, and being able to constantly Charge makes keeping up your Rage a lot easier. Once you get going, you're unkillable. I carry a Talon and Equalizer on him and actually end up using the Equalizer more, since if I'm in Talon range I'm generally doing melee or dodging out of melee range.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I feel the strike team stuff needs some looking at as well, it makes no sense to send in your dudes with any sort of gear because its all so expensive, even the cheapest thing is 75 mission funds which is absurd considering you get back 5 on normal missions and 10 on apex stuff.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Yeah they need to make things more expensive. I'm sitting on 400 points with nothing to spend it on and the cycling items will in no way be enough to use it.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Alteisen posted:

I feel the strike team stuff needs some looking at as well, it makes no sense to send in your dudes with any sort of gear because its all so expensive, even the cheapest thing is 75 mission funds which is absurd considering you get back 5 on normal missions and 10 on apex stuff.

Equipment on your strike teams is permanent (and invidual), and only lost if you replace it with another item.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mango Polo posted:

Equipment on your strike teams is permanent (and invidual), and only lost if you replace it with another item.

Well poo poo. :psyduck:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Really disappointed the auto rifles weren't touched this patch. The Avenger is loving terrible to the point I don't want to play Human Soldier or Krogan Mercenary until I get a Soned or Revenant.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T
Please tell me I'm not the only person who likes hovering across the battlefield as the Havoc Trooper. I took all the flight upgrades (except I took Dive Bomb, because of course).

The Thokin is fun with this kit, too.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

On the subject of strike teams, I'm not seeing a reason why you'd ever want to recruit all 6 of your possible teams. I have 4, and just by popping onto the apex app at work periodically, I've cleared all the possible missions by like 1pm. If anything, I need fewer teams, because it's slower to level them up (still don't have anything that can do a gold).

Maybe they'll add more missions at a time later on or something, I dunno.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Am I the only one getting constant desyncs (which fucks up evasions and jumpjet evasion traversal) and constant lag? This is not cool :(

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The netcode is poo poo in general. Not much you can do but try for better hosts.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hexenritter posted:

Am I the only one getting constant desyncs (which fucks up evasions and jumpjet evasion traversal) and constant lag? This is not cool :(

Yeah, it's P2P connections, which means your latency is at the mercy of your host. It sucks :(

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Is there any update coming on being able to remap the ` key to not open the console? I normally use that a my push-to-talk and also I press it sometimes when I charge and well let's just say it can get confusing.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

CapnBry posted:

Is there any update coming on being able to remap the ` key to not open the console? I normally use that a my push-to-talk and also I press it sometimes when I charge and well let's just say it can get confusing.
What's up frantically typing "waswadsdwadsdwadwssasdwwdawwwwwsad" in the console buddy.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

When you have a character at X what happens when you pull another card, is it just more XP? What about at 20/X?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Syrinxx posted:

When you have a character at X what happens when you pull another card, is it just more XP? What about at 20/X?

I think once you max them that card gets pulled from the pile.
Meaning you shouldn't be getting extra as far as I know.
And if you do it's probably a bug.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Syrinxx posted:

Based on my own pulls from basic packs, I believe what happens is "you get another character of the same rarity".

Once all your characters are at X I think what happens is "you get another item of the same rarity". For commons, this is how you will get most of your mods -- you'll max out your characters with average mod level of 3-4, and then max out your weapons before the mods hit X.

Once you have everything of a given rarity at X I believe what happens is "you get a consumable", since otherwise basic packs would have nothing but uncommons.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

CapnBry posted:

I see a bunch of old threads elsewhere complaining about the same thing in Battlefield 1, so I'm not holding out any hope.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My brother still gets kicked out of the game at the start of every wave of multiplayer. We're going to try switching him from wireless to wired but that's about it. He tried reinstalling and nothing doing. :(

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Anybody have a good build for Asari Adept?

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T

Lightning Knight posted:

Go for the Lance perk that uses shields instead of a cooldown, and the Annihilation perk that recharges shields. :getin:

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

6 Annihilation: 4a/5a/6b
6 Lance: 4a/5b/6b
6 Barrier: 4a/5a/6b
5 Offensive Biotics: 4b/5a
3 Throw

Alternatively you can skip Throw altogether and get 6a from Offensive Biotics.

Carry a Charger. Run into enemies, use Lance to detonate. Use Throw to detonate some other guy and get some shields back from Biotic Link (Barrier 5a). Run into more enemies to get shields back from Biotic Link. Lance some more. Shoot people who aren't quite dead yet. Never have to worry about dogs or redbar mooks ever again because they start floating the moment you get close to them.

The build is very high-risk high-reward, because your staying alive is contingent on you running close to enemies, which is counter-intuitive. Don't just run at them, run into the nearest cover that's near them. Build is great if you have a partner to roam with, especially a person who can detonate/prime for you (I found Human Vanguard with both Nova and Shockwave specced to prime works really well with this build).

At the same time, don't be afraid to hide in cover and let the enemies close in on you to enter your Annihilation, before you start blowing them up.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Zakmonster posted:

6 Annihilation: 4a/5a/6b
6 Lance: 4a/5b/6b
6 Barrier: 4a/5a/6b
5 Offensive Biotics: 4b/5a
3 Throw

Alternatively you can skip Throw altogether and get 6a from Offensive Biotics.

Carry a Charger. Run into enemies, use Lance to detonate. Use Throw to detonate some other guy and get some shields back from Biotic Link (Barrier 5a). Run into more enemies to get shields back from Biotic Link. Lance some more. Shoot people who aren't quite dead yet. Never have to worry about dogs or redbar mooks ever again because they start floating the moment you get close to them.

The build is very high-risk high-reward, because your staying alive is contingent on you running close to enemies, which is counter-intuitive. Don't just run at them, run into the nearest cover that's near them. Build is great if you have a partner to roam with, especially a person who can detonate/prime for you (I found Human Vanguard with both Nova and Shockwave specced to prime works really well with this build).

At the same time, don't be afraid to hide in cover and let the enemies close in on you to enter your Annihilation, before you start blowing them up.

Almost correct, but you want Barrier 5b for constant shield regen while punching.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Relentless posted:

Almost correct, but you want Barrier 5b for constant shield regen while punching.

If I've learned nothing else from Andromeda it's that you're always better off punching.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Thank you thread bros.

Every gun I have that isn't the Charger is aggressively lovely and the Charger is pretty dumpy on Gold. They very badly need to buff weapons across the board and instead they'll just nerf the Charger. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

Thank you thread bros.

Every gun I have that isn't the Charger is aggressively lovely and the Charger is pretty dumpy on Gold. They very badly need to buff weapons across the board and instead they'll just nerf the Charger. :downs:

wrong.

they are going to nerf the gently caress out of melee to bring it in line with how lovely the guns are and then say 'see, now everything is as good as each other!'

• Locked thread