Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

:stare:

*unsubscribes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Is the Ministry of Culture still totally sweet in 1.5? It was very much worth donating to get that in 1.4.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Man, multi-species slavery remains the fiddliest, micro-managiest thing ever. Even the lowest, caste-system level completely locks off migration for the entire goddamn species, so taking advantage of different aptitudes would mean manually relocating pop by pop across your entire empire. :[

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

A Tartan Tory posted:

:stare:

*unsubscribes*

stellariscrewscryforhelp.png

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

GotLag posted:

Is the Ministry of Culture still totally sweet in 1.5? It was very much worth donating to get that in 1.4.

Note: I have a +130% on base unity. Definitely still worth it.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Strudel Man posted:

Man, multi-species slavery remains the fiddliest, micro-managiest thing ever. Even the lowest, caste-system level completely locks off migration for the entire goddamn species, so taking advantage of different aptitudes would mean manually relocating pop by pop across your entire empire. :[

There's two kinds of caste system, caste system with residency (i.e. even the non-enslaved pops don't have citizen rights) and straight caste system (what your primary species can start with). Do they both have that problem?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Yuuup.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Covok posted:

Can I eat people yet?

No, you can eat filthy xeno scum though if that's your thing.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/FioraAeterna/status/850495406190469120

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Planetary Survey Corps is op as all gently caress, especially on larger galaxies.

Double my tech speed for the next 100 years? Yeah sure.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Just tried to play with a friend, but apparently we can't because different versions? He has Utopia and I do not. I thought Paradox games allowed you to play with others no matter the DLC? Is this a bug or signs of things to come?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

StarMinstrel posted:

Just tried to play with a friend, but apparently we can't because different versions? He has Utopia and I do not. I thought Paradox games allowed you to play with others no matter the DLC? Is this a bug or signs of things to come?

is one of you on the 1.5.1 beta patch?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I unlocked the ability to build MOTHERFUCKING TITANS as armies on a planet, but i can't find that planet again in my vast empire. Any way to figure out which it is?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I assume PSC is gonna get nerfed so it can only work with one science ship at a time, but until then I'm gonna milk that poo poo for all it's worth.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What is the private colony ship tradition supposed to sccomplish?

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Baron Porkface posted:

I guess you grab it ASAP for half-price colony ships? Seems more like a bonus if you want that tree first.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Baron Porkface posted:

Gets you cheapo colony ships for energy. With the two cost-reducing techs my colonies are now basically free. Something like ~35 energy total.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

GlyphGryph posted:

One race per post, start the post by saying SPECIES SUBMISSION, and then include the data chunk in a code block.

An image of your Empire summary is recommended but not required.
Ooh, I will have a go since I missed out last time. These are some old guys I had, just updated them:

SPECIES SUBMISSION

Pastebin with info:
https://pastebin.com/VG2mN3P5

If you're playing as them, the idea is that these guys are the leadership class of your civ, but you sign all the migration treaties you can and siphon off everyone else's population to actually do the work. Or your pet species.

Also, Wiz, if you're reading this, it would be nice if you could specify a name / appearance for your syncretic prole species.

metasynthetic fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 8, 2017

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
The Galactic Wonders megastructures seem kind of underwhelming. Do you have to build parts one at a time after finishing the site? If so, science nexus seems to have a total build time of 27,5 years with the master builders ascension perk, and Dyson spheres 55 years. And the total output doesn't seem amazing either, Science nexuses 50 science of all types is about 2 orbitals worth, but the orbitals will also produce some energy, and you can build three for the price of one science nexus. Filling them up might take a bit longer than building the science nexus, I suppose. A Dyson sphere produces 400 energy, which is worth 800 minerals at most. They cost a bit over 200k, so they pay for themselves maybe around 10 years after being finished, since they produce some of the energy while partially complete? That's still over 60 years to get your investment back...

Ring worlds take 30 years to complete, and cost 47500 minerals and 225 influence with master builders. Habitats still seem better unless you're much more constrained by influence than minerals. Though I don't know what buildings ring worlds get...

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

GotLag posted:

Make sure you're using defines.txt now. I have got mods working in the beta patch.
I tried that, but it doesn't seem to work. Literally all I have in [mod]/common/defines/defines.txt is
code:
NDefines.NGameplay.START_YEAR = 2000
and it don't work :(

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Staltran posted:

The Galactic Wonders megastructures seem kind of underwhelming. Do you have to build parts one at a time after finishing the site? If so, science nexus seems to have a total build time of 27,5 years with the master builders ascension perk, and Dyson spheres 55 years. And the total output doesn't seem amazing either, Science nexuses 50 science of all types is about 2 orbitals worth, but the orbitals will also produce some energy, and you can build three for the price of one science nexus. Filling them up might take a bit longer than building the science nexus, I suppose. A Dyson sphere produces 400 energy, which is worth 800 minerals at most. They cost a bit over 200k, so they pay for themselves maybe around 10 years after being finished, since they produce some of the energy while partially complete? That's still over 60 years to get your investment back...

Ring worlds take 30 years to complete, and cost 47500 minerals and 225 influence with master builders. Habitats still seem better unless you're much more constrained by influence than minerals. Though I don't know what buildings ring worlds get...

Huh, sounds realistic.

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

Oh man, rolled my second game in utopia as my go-to race of viking space squids, and I can tell it's gonna be a doozy: next door ocean planet has titanic life (and my race is already very strong and militarist), I got the Cybrex event chain, and I had the fart quest, all in the first five years. What traditions should I take for a race of kaiju-riding swashbuckling egalitarians?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Are slaves supposed to cost influence to resettle?

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Is there a list anywhere of the new biological Ascension traits? I'd like to check them out before committing to that path, but Google isn't revealing anything.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Ok someone had a really fun time at Paradox coding in the yearly newsletter for the Artisan Troupe, it just slowly gets more and more insane.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Brother Entropy posted:

is one of you on the 1.5.1 beta patch?

I don't think so, I believe we had the same checksum, but we can check again.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rumda posted:

No, you can eat filthy xeno scum though if that's your thing.

gently caress yeah! I'm gonna eat the galaxy!

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
My main problem with syncretic evolution is you have to manually relocate the dumb ones. I would have thought they would bring the labor with them to the new worlds.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Ok, I FINALLY indoctrinated some of the pops on a planet to my ethos. Looks like full indoctrination will take an excrutiatingly long time. Might actually be easier to just uplift the bastards, then incorporate them in and use my tools there to iron them into the right path.

In fact screw might. Will probably be easier.

Also, and this is not a complaint, but the early game really is harder now that Consumer Goods exist to drain your minerals!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
How do you unlock psionic tech now if you aren't spiritualist?

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Dongattack posted:

I don't think you can.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Dongattack posted:

You don't.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Boooooo!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Dongattack posted:

Become spiritualist.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
The Comet Sighted event text for fanatic authoritarians is the same as the one for fanatic collectivists in the previous version, and doesn't really make sense with the new ethic. There's a few other little flavor text errors left over from the conversion here and there.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Oh dear. Allowing an uplifted species to gain latent psychic abilities turns them into a different species that doesn't recognise you as their creator.

It was enough to cause an uprising. :ohdear:

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
How do I get back into the Shroud? Pissed off a dude and he came to our universe to die, but now I can't find an option to go spelunking again.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

It's under the contacts menu.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Anticheese posted:

It's under the contacts menu.

I'm not seeing it. Is it time locked? Is that communicated anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

GlyphGryph posted:

Become spiritualist.
It would be nice if this were possible. I had a scientist in my non-spiritualist empire level up and gain psionics expertise. That was exciting because I thought that I could then use that scientist to research psionic theory and gain access to the psionic ascension path from there, but nope. :(

• Locked thread