Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think the "premium boxes" are not much faster. Each tier of box is like 10+ min/max over the previous tier. I never saw anything higher than the 12 hour box. Player level limits the level of your enhanced skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

New Leaf posted:

Yeah my thoughts are that Jason will be nerfed soon so I need a Koda fall back plan haha.

Yeah I got OG zack in the mean time. I will say league 5 is some pretty unfun garbage.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

polish sausage posted:

Yeah I got OG zack in the mean time. I will say league 5 is some pretty unfun garbage.

Yeah I'm almost there with movie Zack and the few Jasons who derank are really hard to fight. I don't know what else to use though.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
The lag is pretty bad tonight, anyone else feeling it? Was gonna push for season v but might have to wait until tomorrow...

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Dreylad posted:

Yeah I'm almost there with movie Zack and the few Jasons who derank are really hard to fight. I don't know what else to use though.

hopefully there'll some rankless mode that will be implented in the future because even if you wanna get off the beaten path you're just gonna have to have goldar and xandred at your back. The matches are laggy more often than not and your gonna have to abuse them cause literally everyone else up here is. There are some people who will put like zhane there instead of goldar. those people never beat me. It's pretty much bottle necked between OG Jason and movie zack right now. I'm sure OG zack will be great when he levels but for christ sake, I just pumped up my jason with orbs and now and his breaker does 301 loving damage. And sometimes he draws two in a row and they combo, like I'd be pants on head stupid not to be using him. and everyone else with jasons are running around with comparable damage. I really don't care about ranking in fighting games but its tied to getting stuff so I pretty much have to roll this team to keep my head above water, as much as i'd like to experiment with gia or OG zack. It's actually pretty poo poo.

polish sausage fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 3, 2017

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Xandred and Goldar are pretty crucial it's true. I just had a pretty great run from 1650 to close to 2k just now with M.Zack. Not too many Jasons so far. In the last fight as I was about to beat another Jason I had network connection issue and am stuck waiting on the title screen waiting for the previous match to end. The hell is that?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I really really want to love this game, the fighting system is super fun. Unfortunately the slightest bit of lag turns it into an unplayably glitchy mess. Strikes bypassing blocks, being hit from half a screen away, etc. Hopefully they can tighten up the net-code.

I also just had a match where I beat the opponent, had the ending cutscene, then it went back to the arena with him at zero health for a while (I could still move and attack) before ending in a draw. Is this connection related as well or is there some kind of hack out there?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I switched sides with an opponent the other day. How do I repro I wanna do crossups

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I haven't had too much trouble with lag, but the big thing for me is the fact that it's swipe to move, and I can't get it to register when I need it all the time. :( Some people just dash ALL the time and I'm like... how the hell are you getting it to keep registering!

The dash battles where people just try to corner you get really annoying though. I get it, you want to assert dominance and put me into the corner for more combos, but I'm not going to just sit here and let you dash into me over and over, instead you can eat a unblockable kick to the face. -_-

The people who are at least decent though can dodge backwards at the last second to make it miss. :sigh:

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Dreylad posted:

Xandred and Goldar are pretty crucial it's true. I just had a pretty great run from 1650 to close to 2k just now with M.Zack. Not too many Jasons so far. In the last fight as I was about to beat another Jason I had network connection issue and am stuck waiting on the title screen waiting for the previous match to end. The hell is that?

Just wait til you hit around 2300+ The Jason movie zack gangbang brigade is waiting for you up here. I'm might drop out soon since persona 5 is coming out plus KOF is literally putting my some of my favorite characters in as dlc. The battle system is really good. I'm not sure what they can do about character balance what with all these power up gems and stuff.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
There is an open spot for new people wanting to join. Just never spend those purple beakers. A couple dozen will pay for a high level character upgrade or part of the rarer characters. Donate all your shards for money and XP. I doubt you will ever get enough for premium boxes without becoming a whale.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I've put in an application. Name should be Rapner or RapnerSA.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I just accepted ya.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Is there an overflow goon clan? Beetleborgs looks like it's full.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Coq au Nandos posted:

Spots free up every now and then. I just managed to send in a request!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Coq au Nandos posted:

I don't believe we have a second clan yet, but gauge interest and open one up!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I can't get to the 5th tier for some loving reason. I'm using Koda as my primary, with OG Trini and Xandred. I really don't want to have to go the Jason route, but I know I'm close, so I might have to dust him off and cheese it to the top. Its just so satisfying picking lesser Jason players apart with Koda.. My other primary phone game has been busy as gently caress lately so I can't dedicate a lot of time to this right now, but I'll win right up to the edge of 2500 and get beaten back to 2400ish and start the climb over again.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
As someone who was hovering all night at 2400 with the team of doom (OG Jason/xan/gon), play what you enjoy most.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

New Leaf posted:

I can't get to the 5th tier for some loving reason. I'm using Koda as my primary, with OG Trini and Xandred. I really don't want to have to go the Jason route, but I know I'm close, so I might have to dust him off and cheese it to the top. Its just so satisfying picking lesser Jason players apart with Koda.. My other primary phone game has been busy as gently caress lately so I can't dedicate a lot of time to this right now, but I'll win right up to the edge of 2500 and get beaten back to 2400ish and start the climb over again.

What other game you played brah?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Roid666 posted:

What other game you played brah?

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle. They had a huge game-changing update this week so its been pretty exciting - for a phone game, anyway.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Ah OK, don't think I've tried that! Might give it a go when i get home from work.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

New Leaf posted:

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle. They had a huge game-changing update this week so its been pretty exciting - for a phone game, anyway.
Anyone still playing the American version or is it finally dumped?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

CascadeBeta posted:

As someone who was hovering all night at 2400 with the team of doom (OG Jason/xan/gon), play what you enjoy most.

This. The combat mechanics are fun enough that I'm having a blast climbing League 3 with my derpwaifu. I hope they do a balance pass soon but picking apart lovely Jasons and M. Zacks is incredibly satisfying.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Scalding Coffee posted:

Anyone still playing the American version or is it finally dumped?

I think basically everyone in the thread is.. Its catching up quick. The Christmas and this year's April Fool's were done simultaneously in both America ("Global") and Japan.

This started as a Gacha game thread but its basically just a DBZ Dokkan Battle thread now. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732619

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Coq au Nandos posted:

Spot open right now bud, what is your in game name?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Spot open right now bud, what is your in game name?

BLBLBLBLBLBL

Edit: Game updated and apparently nuked my request, I've made a new one.

Coq au Nandos fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 6, 2017

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I finally hit rank 5. I had to resort to using Jason. He's so much better that it's not even fair. Balance is my biggest issue with the game right now. A Common should not mop the floor with an Epic. I'm not saying that Common shouldn't have a chance against, but Jason is just so insanely quick and powerful that it doesn't make sense.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
did phyresis die or something

anyways i hit rank 5 as well off of tommy/og trina/og zack

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I just cant hit 2400, i'm so streaky. This morning I went on like a 10 game win streak, but now everybody is beating my rear end.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That is when you are done for half the day. I have trouble with the morning guys, but the night guys were easier to deal with.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Scalding Coffee posted:

That is when you are done for half the day. I have trouble with the morning guys, but the night guys were easier to deal with.

same but in reverse

it is mostly luck who you get matched up with, i hit 2500 off the backs of really, really bad jasons who thought they could spam their sword breaker

also having a level 7 og trina assist does wonders tbh, she hits for almost 250 if all her hits connect which, lol

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Just hit league 5 myself too. Still haven't gotten any OG Jason leader drops though :(

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I've actually been doing a lot better since I switched back to movie Zack. He feels like the hard counter to Jason.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

OG Tommy with OG Zack and Movie Zack feels like a hard counter to everybody in tier 4 at least. So many people are super reliant on blocks.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Hit league V with the OP team. Took way longer than it should've thanks to dumb moments and lag and bugs. Game needs more work but is fun. Movie Zack is the most annoying character in a game and only with him do I not like how defending works. Yes I know what a turtle character is but he takes it to a new level. He does counter Jason hard tho, takes alot for me to beat them.

Cowboybot
Sep 27, 2007
On a steel horse I ride
Looking for an invite to the Goon Clan if possible. In the meantime, I'm trying to get into any clan and it appears that even the pubbie clans aren't approving anyone.

I'm Krunky In game, and I can send a request to the clan and wait if need be.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Cowboybot posted:

Looking for an invite to the Goon Clan if possible. In the meantime, I'm trying to get into any clan and it appears that even the pubbie clans aren't approving anyone.

I'm Krunky In game, and I can send a request to the clan and wait if need be.

I don't think you can invite to the guild? Just apply, we're Big Bad Beetleborgs.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

New Leaf posted:

I don't think you can invite to the guild? Just apply, we're Big Bad Beetleborgs.

Can't invite but also can't request when we are full. Curious of who is inactive by now though.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Likely those on the bottom and with few donations. Easy to check by looking at their invite post and comparing others a week later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enahs
Jan 1, 2010

Grow up.
This game is pretty unplayable with lag, and usually in games it seems like I'm the only one lagging. The enemy is chain rolling and queueing up attacks and I have to wait 2 seconds before every action. Is this the same for most people or am I just really unlucky?

• Locked thread