Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
If Stewart rides a Deere, PETA will paint it as animal cruelty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/849408810804543488

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Finally found a replacement for the Truck Series.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Yeah, that's CyTube fodder if there's a full version.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Here's some good stuff:

http://motorsportsanalytics.com/free-articles/2017-0405-preece.html

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Here's some not so good stuff:

http://speed51.com/nascar-terminates-sanction-and-cancels-nwmt-race-at-waterford/

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

quote:

The decision made by NASCAR follows the arrest of the track’s owner Bruce Bemer last week.

Bemer was arrested for allegedly patronizing a trafficked person. According to a Hartford Courant report, Bemer and another individual allegedly enticed young men with mental health problems into a human trafficking prostitution ring with the lure of money, drugs and vehicles.
:wtc:

That is seriously, seriously hosed up.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I pine for the days when racers were Miami Vice style drug traffickers

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, also. Seeing as you guys now have a mod who regularly reads the thread, thread title changes are now a thing. So if you want a new one, just let me know.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

iospace posted:

Also, also. Seeing as you guys now have a mod who regularly reads the thread, thread title changes are now a thing. So if you want a new one, just let me know.

"So much worse than you've been led to believe!"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

NASCAR 2017: All The World's In Stages

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
NASCAR 2017: The Greatest Thing Since Punching Sliced Bread

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

njsykora posted:

NASCAR 2017: All The World's In Stages

NASCAR 2017: It's Staged

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

iospace posted:

:wtc:

That is seriously, seriously hosed up.

More info on just how hosed up it is:
http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/20170330/police-speedbowl-owner-said-he-paid-boys-for-sex-for-nearly-25-years

Norwich Bulletin posted:

“Bemer stated that he believes that over the 20-25-year period King has brought him 8-10 different boys for sex, most on multiple occasions. Bemer stated that he pays approximately $200-250 per occasion,” it said.

Although he often referred to them as “boys” or “kids,” Bemer said they were adults when he had sex with them. He did acknowledge he stopped having sex with some of them because they got too old, however, according to the warrant.

He acknowledged one of the young men was “really off,” it said. He also said the most recent time he had sex with a young man brought by King was about four months earlier.

Investigators learned one of the victims met King when the young man was searching Dumpsters for bottles. The man, as well as a second victim, was being cared for by the state Department of Developmental Services and lived at a facility called Abilities Beyond on Cleveland Street in Danbury.

Lock up everybody involved and throw away the key. That's some despicable poo poo.

Now, putting aside how terrible of a person he is and speaking strictly as a New England race fan, it's a shame. Waterford most likely would have been shuttered without him buying it and putting in the upgrades that he did. With him being arrested, NASCAR pulling any association with the track, and a number of officials walking way, I'll be surprised if the Speedbowl recovers.

edit: apparently INEX/US Legends Cars have followed suit:
https://twitter.com/USLegendCars/status/850017561781600257

SwampYankee fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 6, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

iospace posted:

Now enticing mentally handicapped people into traffic rings

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Nascar 2017: gently caress THE HANDICAPPED

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
NASCAR 2017: Send Lawyers, Dick Drugs and Money

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Peanut President posted:

Nascar 2017: gently caress THE HANDICAPPED

:drat:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's Staged wins, but hooooo that last one from Peanut was :stonklol:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

iospace posted:

Oh cool, we don't have to chase Hand Knit down anymore! :hfive:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 7, 2017

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

SwampYankee posted:

Now, putting aside how terrible of a person he is and speaking strictly as a New England race fan, it's a shame. Waterford most likely would have been shuttered without him buying it and putting in the upgrades that he did. With him being arrested, NASCAR pulling any association with the track, and a number of officials walking way, I'll be surprised if the Speedbowl recovers.
Yeah that track had been rumored to be shuttered and turned into a condo complex for like the last decade but this is a whole new ball of wax to deal with. The series my buddy and I race in have 5 dates set there for the upcoming year, I wonder what is going to happen. That would be a huge blow to our series since it is one of the few tracks around New England that actually wants us 5 times a year as we usually only have 14-17 teams show up each week. We had a 7 race deal with Monadnock a few years ago and that soured pretty quickly since we weren't bringing in enough money for a "touring series" even though it is exactly that reason why the series calls itself a "club" rather than a tour. As a result we only have 2 dates at Monadnock for this year.

bigbillystyle fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 7, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/CandiceSpencer/status/850378844414586881

This could be a fun race. :munch:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I want chaos

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Unfortunately it usually leads to a parade since every driver is too scared to push their cars

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Kyle Busch just wrecked, too. Off to a backup car.

He's laying on the stretcher on the golf cart to the care center to be a smart-rear end. :golfclap:

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

He's actually skipping qualifying and fixing the primary and he's dead too

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/NASCARONFOX/status/850412926234050560

:unsmigghh:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I hope this is a sign of the race to come.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Hope y'all don't have Spectrum like me

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

People always bitch about repaves then forget usually after a repave the race is awesome.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

VikingSkull posted:

Hope y'all don't have Spectrum like me

It's too late. We're all on the spectrum.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

gret posted:

It's too late. We're all on the spectrum.

goddamn it gret

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/clintbowyer/status/850139010265735172

:tif:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
hard plastic tires aren't going to find grip on any pavement

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Idk man. Every time I hear someone bitch about a repave it seems to produce good racing.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

If NASCAR wants an entertaining ratings bump caused by a gimmick, they need to have races decided like GTLM was in IMSA at Long Beach today.

Go look it up, I'll wait.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Sports writing has degraded to the point that the stories are not understandable. For what I can tell a Ford Porsche Corvette idled past a Porsche Corvette Ford and improved a spot to "win" its class of Corvette Ford Porsche race.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

If NASCAR wants an entertaining ratings bump caused by a gimmick, they need to have races decided like GTLM was in IMSA at Long Beach today.

Go look it up, I'll wait.

only if we stick Kyle in a truck while everyone else is racing cup cars

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Elephanthead posted:

Sports writing has degraded to the point that the stories are not understandable. For what I can tell a Ford Porsche Corvette idled past a Porsche Corvette Ford and improved a spot to "win" its class of Corvette Ford Porsche race.

So it's kind of like an Xfinity race, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

https://twitter.com/EmptySeatsPics/status/851158400805326853

The only joy I get out of NASCAR nowadays is seeing so many fans cosplaying as chairs.

• Locked thread